Ebay Flirtations, Genuine?

Is this for real or a boot?   https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Flirtations-STRONGER-THAN-HER-LOVE-F705-Festival-7-Northern-Soul-Single-/182372300845?hash=item2a763c782d:g:cl8AAOSw4GVYPzNg

Looking at the rest of the stuff that they have listed and the unlikely tale that the records are " Part of a big northern soul collection we found when we moved into our new house" it all looks very dubious to me.

Social source share

I asked the seller to put the Number in the runout onto his sales page and he has not even responded to my question from 3 days ago. 

I did not tell him what the correct number would be for an original

I would suggest he knows its a boot and is keeping quite due to the large bids on it.

Social source share

22 minutes ago, Okehdownsouth said:

Is this for real or a boot?   https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Flirtations-STRONGER-THAN-HER-LOVE-F705-Festival-7-Northern-Soul-Single-/182372300845?hash=item2a763c782d:g:cl8AAOSw4GVYPzNg

Looking at the rest of the stuff that they have listed and the unlikely tale that the records are " Part of a big northern soul collection we found when we moved into our new house" it all looks very dubious to me.

It's a boot. Under original

Flitations.jpg

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

2 hours ago, spook said:

Chris,

There is an original west coast white demo like the one for sale on eBay but it has  64784 in the runout.

Best David

Yes you're right but the run out is smaller, it's from 1967, there were a gaggle of releases in the mid 70s from Monarch hence the matrix 100000, they did Patti Emblems, Duke Browner etc.

Social source share

16 minutes ago, JulianB said:

There's one on ebay from the US of A - how can you tell the original of this particular demo copy?:

TIA

If you mean the Multi-coloured vinyl copy, it hasn't been booted (at least not in the seventies or eighties) although as with any record, you have to be careful of Ink Jet / colour copy labels gobbed onto an outta site or whatever

Edited by Mick Holdsworth
Social source share

42 minutes ago, Mick Holdsworth said:

If you mean the Multi-coloured vinyl copy, it hasn't been booted (at least not in the seventies or eighties) although as with any record, you have to be careful of Ink Jet / colour copy labels gobbed onto an outta site or whatever

Thanks for the info. However if you check on popsike there are a number of these multi coloured copies listed as boots. Do you know the deadwax markings for the original multi coloured copy?

Social source share

4 hours ago, JulianB said:

Thanks for the info. However if you check on popsike there are a number of these multi coloured copies listed as boots. Do you know the deadwax markings for the original multi coloured copy?

The ones I could see are fake labels stuck over the plain white boot (presumably) - They'e mostly from the same "if it suits your needs" seller

Social source share

21 hours ago, Mick Holdsworth said:

Label "looks"the same, but, as said above, the 64784 matrix and the much smaller runout with is orig.

flirtationsOrig.jpg ORIG

And the Boot has the Aug 76 martix of 100272 with much bigger runout

flirtationsBoot.jpg BOOT

Also the left / bottom line runs out too short on the boot

Cheers
Mick

Top one is mine. Had it since 77 or so!

Memory plays odd tricks. I remember the boot coming out at the same time, bought it from John Manship so I was right to trust him I guess.

Bloody £700 odd for a boot defies belief.

Social source share

This nob knows full well that the record is a boot.  I might put a bid of £5000 on it just to make sure that the crook does not sell it to some poor unsuspecting bugger who has more money than sense. Thanks to a few others on Souls Source and Pete Smiths network we did the same a few months ago to some idiot who was trying to pass off a Timi Yuro with a crappy home made label, if I remember correct the bidding went up to about £20,000 he must have been creaming himself until the twat realised that he was being spoofed

• Helpful 2
Social source share

There's a Boot on Discogs £20, if anyone is interested, + that's why the one on EBay is a boot, if you were selling an original Demo, you wouldn't be selling at a start price of £4.99, and also if you were being genuine about it, you could have had the record checked out if you weren't really sure, obviously the guy who's selling knows exactly what he's doing, and should be ashamed of his self. Wanker.

Edited by joesoul1958
Missed out something
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, KevH said:

There's a plain red Festival label as well isn't there.? Or did I dream it?

Found this piccy but don't really know what I'm doing lol  !! if it works

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 15.42.25.png

Bloody hell it worked !! off popsike from 2013 I think , went for £273

Edited by SWIFTY
Social source share

Just to let everyone know that I have been in contact with the lady who was selling this record and after taking advice from Ebay and has withdrawn it. She assures me the story about finding these in the loft is true and as she has withdrawn the record I have no reason to not believe her. I only wish that more sellers on Ebay were as honest as Claire has been. Thank you

Social source share

On 05/12/2016 at 18:08, Okehdownsouth said:

Just to let everyone know that I have been in contact with the lady who was selling this record and after taking advice from Ebay and has withdrawn it. She assures me the story about finding these in the loft is true and as she has withdrawn the record I have no reason to not believe her. I only wish that more sellers on Ebay were as honest as Claire has been. Thank you

The listing ran and finished and sold for £720

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!