Show us your great photos 2023

Amsterdam Russ

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Woodbutcher said:

I had "that" feeling that I was being spied on as I packed away the solar imaging rig today ... :)

Lo and behold I caught this one keeping a beady eye on proceedings ... :rolleyes:

1a.thumb.JPG.975a10cf4223d90b15423bc42110899f.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.c2cc92c27dfdd3577b0347427572c60e.JPG

3.thumb.JPG.adeda5c08dc56716bbb4f4f85321a7a9.JPG

4.thumb.JPG.a984eb2651f9e3ff97393a0fd7e98218.JPG

Red Kite, in flight shots always tough to get, were you using the Sigma 150-600 C?

Edited by Kegsy
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

40 minutes ago, Smudger said:

We are in Flamborough at the moment and whilst talking to a twitcher he told us there are three pairs of peregrine nesting between Flamborough and Sewerby didn’t see them ourselves but also told us about this photograph taken in the area last Thursday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-65648680

I've seen that photo, quite amazing.

Social source share

2 hours ago, Kegsy said:

Red Kite, in flight shots always tough to get, were you using the Sigma 150-600 C?

Hi Kegsy ,

Sorry I forgot to add the details ... yes it was with the Sigma 150-600 C @ 600mm and the EOS 2000D.

Have just this minute grabbed a pre-loved EOS 90D bargain to accompany the lens in future , traded in the Sigma teleconverters for it in PartEx as they were an unnecessary step to be honest , but you have to try these things ... 

I'll use the 2000D with the Laowa 100mm F/2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO now as a permanent macro set up.

Social source share

8 minutes ago, Woodbutcher said:

Hi Kegsy ,

Sorry I forgot to add the details ... yes it was with the Sigma 150-600 C @ 600mm and the EOS 2000D.

Have just this minute grabbed a pre-loved EOS 90D bargain to accompany the lens in future , traded in the Sigma teleconverters for it in PartEx as they were an unnecessary step to be honest , but you have to try these things ... 

I'll use the 2000D with the Laowa 100mm F/2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO now as a permanent macro set up.

I've got the same lens, it really is superb, I've got it hooked up to an old Nikon D4, which was best in class at the time and the resolution is truly amazing. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

5 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

I've got the same lens, it really is superb, I've got it hooked up to an old Nikon D4, which was best in class at the time and the resolution is truly amazing. 

There are some great bargains out there at the moment as all the hipsters are jumping over to mirrorless , MPB , WEX and Park Cameras have had their fair share off me of late , and having used SLRs and now DSLRs for 44 years I shall see my days out on them ... :)

Social source share

9 minutes ago, Woodbutcher said:

There are some great bargains out there at the moment as all the hipsters are jumping over to mirrorless , MPB , WEX and Park Cameras have had their fair share off me of late , and having used SLRs and now DSLRs for 44 years I shall see my days out on them ... :)

Me too and as you say bargains galore.

Social source share

On 29/05/2023 at 14:03, Mgm 1251 said:

Last Monday whilst waiting for three Rockwell B1B Lancers to come into RAF Fairford(they will be there for a couple of weeks more)one of the TU-U2’s came back from its daily missions ....

C4D88B93-5A33-45A0-902E-4832A0AA6F6F.jpeg

3A82A9A2-1B1E-45A2-89C1-57F6C53C63CC.jpeg

Served 2 tours (Army) in Akrotiri, Cyprus, the U2s went up eveyday around 5am, noisy as hell, if i remember right a couple of land rovers used race after it to prop wings up on landing. 

Social source share

On 08/06/2023 at 23:28, Soulfulsolutions said:

Served 2 tours (Army) in Akrotiri, Cyprus, the U2s went up eveyday around 5am, noisy as hell, if i remember right a couple of land rovers used race after it to prop wings up on landing. 

Thank you for your service...👍

Yes,I think there are two Dragonlady U2’s at RAF Fairford(have been for a few years now) and one goes up everyday early AM....and you are correct,they are very noisy,bearing in mind,RAF Fairford is in a very sleepy part of SE Gloucestershire....😀

Social source share

Just now, Mgm 1251 said:

Thank you for your service...👍

Yes,I think there are two Dragonlady U2’s at RAF Fairford(have been for a few years now) and one goes up everyday early AM....and you are correct,they are very noisy,bearing in mind,RAF Fairford is in a very sleepy part of SE Gloucestershire....😀

...yes there is a chase car that is right behind the U2 as soon as it has landed,and as soon as the plane has come to a standstill the stabilisers are attached to the wing tips,as it can’t stand upright without them...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!