R.I.P Tony Middleton

I spent a couple of hours with Tony walking round Cleethorpes one Saturday morning looking for a shop that sold film for his camera. Every shop we entered he introduced himself, told the staff what he wanted the film for and where he was performing that night. He was a true gentleman.

Very sad news for a soul legend. Rip.

Edited by Jessie Pinkman
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

Saw him once at grt Yarmouth weekender maybe 1989/1990? Apart from chuck Jackson I found him to be the most entertaining and mesmerising,all is music is very inventive and slightly left of typical soul music! 

big loss rip

Social source share

Sadly in life we don't miss something or Somebody until they are gone and assume they will always be around us.

This is a very sad Era which we live in and our Heroes are leaving us when we least expect it, but we forget they were older than our selves when we were spinning their records or dancing to them when we were out every weekend and enjoying their music. To say i am very sad at this moment is a huge understatement. And I suppose we can all be Grateful Tony and all our other heroes have Left us with  such wonderful Music to remember them by, Thank You One And All for that, 

RIP Tony Middleton A Big Man With a Big Heart and a Big Voice and a wonderful soul. Gone to join all our other long lost Heroes.

Condolences to His Family And Friends 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!