Simon M

• Replies 51
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Yep. PPM must be one of the best examples.....

Jackie Wilson's - It Only Happens......best part of a ton for the 45, LP is around at under a tenner :lol:

Mandrill - Too Late......long time love as a cheap LP cut, at one time this was £150+ on a 7 :boxing:

Timi Yuro - It'll Never Be Over For Me.........ow much on a 45, love my £1 bootfair LP yes.gif

Loads more i'm sure but i'm just off out with my litt'lun to playgroup

Girf

Social source share

hi all

couple of top of my head

rocky gil & bishops - it's not the end LP £50-100? 45?pretty expensive

just picked up a few weeks ago la familia inc - do you love me -bsr on lp for about £45 the 7 is about £150ish

i'll have a think for some others

cheers

phil

Social source share

Garland Green - Jelous Kind of Fella (various, buts its on Uni rather than revue/gamma)

Ruby Andrews - Black Ruby (Just Lovin You)

Natural 4 - Good Vibes (Thought You Were Mine)

Roosvelt Grier - Soul City (In My Tenament)

Jackie Wilson - Beautiful Day (Because of You)

Not to sure on the price differential on this

Alex Brown - In Search Of Love (I'm not responsible)

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Guest 45s and 33s

Lavern Baker - I'm the one to do it is far cheaper on it's original Brunswick LP than it is on 45.

Ali

Social source share

Guest Michael Higgins

Harley Hatcher "Soul hustler" is about a hundred on a seven, and about a tenner or so on the album (perhaps in common with James Walsh, this probably has something to do with the awful cover art and photograph).

Collins & Collins "Top of the stairs" is also far cheaper on the LP. There's at least one other good track on the album into the bargain.

Social source share

Prince Gideon - Smooth Sailing

John Gary Williams - Whole Damn World

Rivage - Sitting on It (Strung out on your love) Its still an expensive LP, but the LP version IMO is not a patch on the single and it's so long....

No so much an expensive 7" but dearer than the LP

Richard Williams - Where Do I Go (Wouldn't you rather have me)

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

delilah moore "it takes love" middle earth £300 ??

on the "hit 'me hard" soundtrack £20-£25

Social source share

I love the James Walsh lp cover, and consider the seven to be a waste of money: the badly edited instrumental break etc.

The good track on the Collins & Collins lp is the stepper You Know How To Make Me Feel Good, which I've always preferred to Top Of The Stairs.

Social source share

Benny Troy - tearing my heart to pieces - Delite, Includes " Im gonna give you tomorrow " its got a slightly longer intro too

Social source share

Solid Solution "Think About It Girl", about £25-£50 on LP, and I can't even estimate how much the 45 would cost if an original copy ever turned up for sale...

Tony Fox "Let Love And Be Loved", reasonably cheap on LP, very expensive on 45.

Since none has been for sale "in public" in recent times it is very hard to estimate prices. Surely they would fetch a bit, perhaps more, but why they should fetch "king's ransom" kind of money is beyond me, especially since the original albums are widely spread and available (as a 7" 45 nut myself though I would really like to have the 45's :lol: ). What I am saying is that it is hardly Eddie Parker on Awake or Inticers on Baby Luv kind of money or demand for these records, is there? I spoke recently to a very well known major record dealer profile on the scene about the Solid Solution 45 and he said that he "had his doubts" about it. I understood it as he suggested that it might be some kind of bootleg or made up 45. I remember hearing, or reading, that one of the few known 45's around was found in North Carolina, which adds further suspicion. The theory was, as I interpreted it (please note! :boxing: ), that it might be some sort of 45 made by/for the scene in the Carolinas, like that dubious Lou Curtan 45 on PAD that was recently discussed. I am not saying this is the case, and I have no real reason to believe there is no legit original 45. These thoughts are not my own but were expressed by someone infinitely more experienced and knowledgable than I, which does of course not mean it has to be true...

Social source share

Guest stromberg

Prince Phillip Mitchell " Im so Happy " @ £250 on 7'' and LP £25

Any others ? Im sure Girth knows a few

Simon :boxing:

Buddy Miles I'm just a kiss away, name of the album escapes me, but very affordable, quite pricey on 45..

Mel and Tim Forever and a day on Stax, see above

always prefered the albums :lol:

Social source share

How about 12's ... Al Mason on re-issue Final Vinyl is crazy money :lol: could be another thread

the most expensive 2nd issue?

Strange thing about the Al Mason is that I've seen more of the Fynal Vynal 45s than I have of the 3rd issue ones on Bunky?? So whats a Bunky one worth??

Social source share

Harley Hatcher "Soul hustler" is about a hundred on a seven, and about a tenner or so on the album (perhaps in common with James Walsh, this probably has something to do with the awful cover art and photograph).

It might 'book' at £100 but nobody ever gets that much. I think my unplayed one only went for about 40 quid.

Social source share

Strange thing about the Al Mason is that I've seen more of the Fynal Vynal 45s than I have of the 3rd issue ones on Bunky?? So whats a Bunky one worth??

I sold one last week for £25, I've seen them in the range of £30-£50.

I was told many years ago that there were only 50 pressed on Fynal Vynal, but how cost effective would that have been to press up such a small amount, so it's never really rung true with me. If it is true that there was only 50, was it a real release or a boot, can someone confirm?

I bought the Bunky issue from Ian Clark at one of his do's in 1990 and it came out of a box newly opend box of at least 50

Lew Kirton - Just Arrived (Heaven In The Afternoon) and bringing in 12"s on version on TK disco. My preference is for the longer version as I like the extra verse.

Onto the 12"s

J's - When Did I Stop Loving You

Kenny Hamber - Never Found A Girl (Pes vs Million Dollar)

Jay Player - Love Is The Answer (the sunset labe' rather than the red/white boot)

Kapp Ivory Project - Its Over

Universal Love - Its You Girl (Glades vs TK Disco)

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

I bought the Bunky issue from Ian Clark at one of his do's in 1990 and it came out of a box newly opend box of at least 50

Sure the legitimate Bunky reissue was masterminded by Brian Hobson of AM Tracks......not sure how many he pressed......

We (Crazy Beat) sold a fair few at the time......

Wasn't Brian also involved in the EZ Cozy reissue of Elvin Spencer - Lift This Hurt ????

Girf

Edited by Girthdevon
Social source share

I sold one last week for £25, I've seen them in the range of £30-£50.

I was told many years ago that there were only 50 pressed on Fynal Vynal, but how cost effective would that have been to press up such a small amount, so it's never really rung true with me. If it is true that there was only 50, was it a real release or a boot, can someone confirm?

Neither the Fynal Vinyl or Bunky 45s are boots, I know of someone who got his Fynal copy from Maxx Kidd himself but I agree I think there are more than 50 of them...I've had three in the last year!!

Would like a Bunky one though for myself...if anyone has one for £25 PM me :lol:

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Mary Saxton - Losing Control 7", what £500 +?

LP - Sad Eyes even on a good day not more than about £50 or £60.

Social source share

Prince Phillip Mitchell " Im so Happy " @ £250 on 7'' and LP £25

Any others ? Im sure Girth knows a few

Simon :lol:

I Always buy LPs ...........They give me a better understanding of the artists work.................not just that up-tempo northern soul dancer that may have got my attention in the first place !

Social source share

What's the Australian Wizard 7" of this fetching these days?

You're looking at 300 UK GBP for the Aussie Marcia Hines 45 , Mr Dog, and in the same breath I always get asked what the Aussie Gloria Scott 45 is worth these days and I say at the very least 600 UK GBP. The Aussie Gloria Scott 45 is truly an incredibly rare record no matter what the odd dismissive soul has said on this forum in the past .

Social source share

You're looking at 300 UK GBP for the Aussie Marcia Hines 45 , Mr Dog, and in the same breath I always get asked what the Aussie Gloria Scott 45 is worth these days and I say at the very least 600 UK GBP. The Aussie Gloria Scott 45 is truly an incredibly rare record no matter what the odd dismissive soul has said on this forum in the past .

Just missed a Gloria Scott 45 yesterday it went for £265 on evil bay. got in from work a hour after auction ended, gutted i forget to bid. i paid £300 about 4years back for my Marcia Hines 45.

Steve

Social source share

ive got the lp with dickie wonders,"nobody knows" track on it somewhere in the house is it called something like "free angela" a civil rights thing?? i remember at the time i got the lp cheap because the "nobody knows" 45 on sounds of soul label at the time was around £150-200 ish plus it was more £££ if you wanted the 45 distributed by parkway/sounds of soul,plus the lp had one other northern tune on it again cant remember the track,how much is the lp worth today and did i get the lp title correct ???

soulie55... whistling.gifwhistling.gif:D ...

Social source share

ive got the lp with dickie wonders,"nobody knows" track on it somewhere in the house is it called something like "free angela" a civil rights thing?? i remember at the time i got the lp cheap because the "nobody knows" 45 on sounds of soul label at the time was around £150-200 ish plus it was more £££ if you wanted the 45 distributed by parkway/sounds of soul,plus the lp had one other northern tune on it again cant remember the track,how much is the lp worth today and did i get the lp title correct ???

soulie55... whistling.gifwhistling.gif:D ...

Is this the album with Little Tommy [ Tyrone Thomas ] " Baby can't you see " which is an expensive ' 45 on Sound of soul ? Best ,Eddie

Social source share

Is this the album with Little Tommy [ Tyrone Thomas ] " Baby can't you see " which is an expensive ' 45 on Sound of soul ? Best ,Eddie

hello eddie and all,im really not sure if thats the other tune on the lp but at the time it was not a "big-tune" in the day,soulie55... whistling.gifwhistling.gif:D ...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert