Underated Dj`s

Harry Crosby

• Replies 159
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I`m at present organising a allnighter in the north east of england fo next year and will be shortly putting together a list of dj`s for the event, along with the usual suspects for allnighters, i`m looking for someone who needs to break onto the nighter djing scene. would love to hear a few suggestions :lol:

Cliff Camfield,resident at Burnley,deff needs to be heard by a wider audience :( ,Big Danny from northants(highly recomended)Fred Kroll(another Burnley resident with an awesome collection)Killa,Kev Fearnhead,Geoff Rudd.You wont be dissapointed :lol:

Salmon

Oh and Richie Conn and Ian Cunliffe,suppose it depends on the music policy you want follow Harry

Edited by soulsalmon
Social source share

Cliff Camfield,resident at Burnley,deff needs to be heard by a wider audience :( ,Big Danny from northants(highly recomended)Fred Kroll(another Burnley resident with an awesome collection)Killa,Kev Fearnhead,Geoff Rudd.You wont be dissapointed :lol:

Salmon

Some of them aren't just breaking on to it though, they're deffo already there. Killa for example. :lol: Good choices though, I've not heard Fred DJ in ages.

Underated Dj's - bet by the end of this thread you'll have enough Dj's to put a 'monther' on, nevermind a weekender! :D

I of course, think all our Bury residents are underated, particularly Sean Livesey.

Jayne.x :lol:

Social source share

surely it all depends what kind of nighter you're planning to put on?

up your neck o woods apart from a few dozen wanna try something differenters... I would say that most like there oldies

maybe you should just make this nighter something like the first piercebridge? as that was packed and the dancefloor was lively (and I wasn't there :lol: )

can't think of any rising stars that I'd like to see at a nighter - if after years of trying they ain't managed to get a booking at a nighter, then perhaps they need to realise that they never will :(

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

I don't think he's a case for someone trying to break onto the nighter scene but Woody is a fab DJ (recently did a spot at Middleton) who imo doesn't DJ nearly enough! :lol:

Also Mr J Fingers deserves a few more spots, the mans record box is bursting to the seams with some absolute gems! :(

Social source share

surely it all depends what kind of nighter you're planning to put on?

up your neck o woods apart from a few dozen wanna try something differenters... I would say that most like there oldies

maybe you should just make this nighter something like the first piercebridge? as that was packed and the dancefloor was lively (and I wasn't there :lol: )

can't think of any rising stars that I'd like to see at a nighter - if after years of trying they ain't managed to get a booking at a nighter, then perhaps they need to realise that they never will :(

two rooms kirsty so hoping for something for all in that context of things :lol:

Social source share

Some of them aren't just breaking on to it though, they're deffo already there. Killa for example. :lol: Good choices though, I've not heard Fred DJ in ages.

Underated Dj's - bet by the end of this thread you'll have enough Dj's to put a 'monther' on, nevermind a weekender! :lol:

I of course, think all our Bury residents are underated, particularly Sean Livesey.

Jayne.x :lol:

Jayne ,point was with Cliff and Fred,they only DJ at burnley and need to be heard by a wider audience.It all depends on the music policy Harry wants at his venue.I DJ'd at Burnley recently,does that mean i've broken through :(

Salmon

Social source share

I don't think he's a case for someone trying to break onto the nighter scene but Woody is a fab DJ (recently did a spot at Middleton) who imo doesn't DJ nearly enough! :lol:

Also Mr J Fingers deserves a few more spots, the mans record box is bursting to the seams with some absolute gems! :lol:

both are part of the 'Taste of Honey' crew -add Chris Bearsoul Morgan , Maria Willingham & Guest

Then there's the 'Soul or Nothing' crew -Stevie Cato & Co .

not forgetting Tony Hatfield & John Parker

what an all niter line up that would be ..... :(

WHITBY WEEKENDER 3-5TH OCT. DJs include Ginger Taylor, Mick H, Soul Sam, Neil Jones, Nige Brown, Andy Bellwood & many more.

Downstairs it's the Middleton Crew ! Includes Sat all niter.

2 for price of 1 ticket offer & Sat only tickets.Tel 01947 602124 Full details www.goldsoul.co.uk .sales@goldsoul.co.uk

Social source share

Cliff Camfield,resident at Burnley,Fred Kroll(another Burnley resident with an awesome collection)

=============================================================================

Cant go wrong with those two at any venue in the UK

Both can play brilliant known oldies--semi known dancers-big current tunes

Throw in Richie Conn & Marc Forrest from Berlin and youve got one hell of a nite !!!

Social source share

Throw in Richie Conn & Marc Forrest from Berlin and youve got one hell of a nite !!!

I cant go without you mate :lol:

we can double up you play the 60's and I'll cover the disco shite :(

"Cunnliffe and Conn"....sound like a solicitiors :lol::lol:

and Marc of course...that man has some tasty tunes and a bloody top bloke.

gasher

Social source share

Guest welshruss

3 from me...............................

Sean Livesey.....................Geoff Rudd.................and Yocky,,,,,,,(and a mention for me little mate..Dolly)

Oh eck thats 4 :(

Social source share

both are part of the 'Taste of Honey' crew -add Chris Bearsoul Morgan , Maria Willingham & Guest

Then there's the 'Soul or Nothing' crew -Stevie Cato & Co .

not forgetting Tony Hatfield & John Parker

what an all niter line up that would be ..... :(

opps forgot Phil Shields (Belfast SC )

WHITBY WEEKENDER 3-5TH OCT. DJs include Ginger Taylor, Mick H, Soul Sam, Neil Jones, Nige Brown, Andy Bellwood & many more.

Downstairs it's the Middleton Crew ! Includes Sat all niter.

2 for price of 1 ticket offer & Sat only tickets.Tel 01947 602124 Full details www.goldsoul.co.uk .sales@goldsoul.co.uk

Social source share

Jayne ,point was with Cliff and Fred,they only DJ at burnley and need to be heard by a wider audience.It all depends on the music policy Harry wants at his venue.I DJ'd at Burnley recently,does that mean i've broken through :lol:

Salmon

Wonder where I've seen Fred then, cos I ain't been to Burnley.. :( . anyway, I agree, he was very good.. :lol:

I guess if you're DJ'ing at Burnley, Burnley's a nighter so yes, you've broken through - dont go getting an ego now. LOL... :lol:

Jayne.x.

Social source share

3 from me...............................

Sean Livesey.....................Geoff Rudd.................and Yocky,,,,,,,(and a mention for me little mate..Dolly)

Oh eck thats 4 :(

I revise mine!..

Sean Livesey (one of the most versatile DJ's I've ever heard), Welsh Russ and Yocky. First time I'd heard both Russ and Yocky DJ this year and immediately booked them both to DJ at Bury and was not disappointed. :lol:

Jayne.x

Social source share

That means Steve G has been up and coming for 25 years , as far as I know huh.gif

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Simon - I only really started DJing on the northern scene a couple of years ago. Had too many records I wasn't playing anywhere. Before then I was ploughing my furrow largely in "crossover territory".

Social source share

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Simon - I only really started DJing on the northern scene a couple of years ago. Had too many records I wasn't playing anywhere. Before then I was ploughing my furrow largely in "crossover territory".

You were on at the Fleet all-niter Im sure !!?

Social source share

Id nominate myself but I only DJ between 9pm & 10pm as I have to go to bed then :) Allnighters means to me having a good nights sleep! :thumbsup:sleep3.gif:ohmy:

Or usually most are asleep in the venue listening to my disco-sh**te as the gasher puts it

Seriously though Richie Conn and a close second - John Macdonald From Dundee.

If you want a progressive DJ then John is your man.

Every time I hear John he always has something special up his sleeve!

Social source share

Id nominate myself but I only DJ between 9pm & 10pm as I have to go to bed then :lol: Allnighters means to me having a good nights sleep! sleep3.gif:ohmy::)

Or usually most are asleep in the venue listening to my disco-sh**te as the gasher puts it

Seriously though Richie Conn and a close second - John Macdonald From Dundee.

If you want a progressive DJ then John is your man.

Every time I hear John he always has something special up his sleeve!

Thanks ernie, getting a few ideas together :thumbsup:

Social source share

I'd hardly put Steve G in the underated category. Everyone else I know rates him and he's certainly done the biz whenever I've heard him!

Certainly one of the best there is, whether it be 60s or modern he is definately in my top 5 :thumbsup: in the country, well perhaps not the modern bit :ohmy:

That means Steve G has been up and coming for 25 years , as far as I know huh.gif

And what would you know :)

QoFxx

Social source share

Dave Abbott.

Russ

Hi Russ,i agree with you here Dave Abbott + Pete Hulatt + Dolly(100 club).

All three with fantastic tunes and know how to play them out..

Toby..

Social source share