Pete S

• Replies 50
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Brett F

Blimey Brett , you can tell youve been hanging round with Bobbins too much :lol:

You are far to International for me Simon, I'm still dragging my knuckles across northern England. :)

Social source share

Wasn't DJ Honky the chap who did those CD's a little while back?

Check out the bidding history, I think the top two were just trying to ensure that they won it. I honestly don't believe the winner thought they'd ever had to fork out $15000+, I wonder if they'll be a second chance offer to someone? :lol:

yeah thats him , Im sure he knew he'd have to go very high to win it ! :)

Social source share

only the 3 bids over 5000 dollars. ive heard of the said dj but have about as much chance of

hearing him play as i have of winning the lottery. shame no one over here got it.

dave

Met him in Seattle last November. Very quiet guy.

Didn't he DJ at James Trouble's do a while ago?

Social source share

Wasn't DJ Honky the chap who did those CD's a little while back?

Check out the bidding history, I think the top two were just trying to ensure that they won it. I honestly don't believe the winner thought they'd ever had to fork out $15000+, I wonder if they'll be a second chance offer to someone? :)

You're right, he put out a couple of fantastic CD's, so top respect to him.

Maybe he'll have to charge for the next lot after this :lol:

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

great record but a bit of a silly price...almost two lester tiptons with a bit of spare change :lol:

From the look of the last minute bidding, looks like 2 blokes registered 15K (ish) maxima on eSnipe thinking they'd get it for 8-10K. They're either delirious or gutted this morning, depending how they sit with this credit crunch bollox. Like pink diamonds & priceless works of art, it seems to me like (some) northern soul enthusiasts are immune to the credit crunch.

By the way, how rare is this? Who plays it out?

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

DJ Honky won it :)

Simon, you deserve a big spank across the ankles for that :lol:

The guy's on SS and if he wants to out himself, that should be up to him.

m

Remember meeting him and his wife on NYE at Soul Rev. Both seem like lovely people (and I don't say that lightly).

Social source share

[quote name='chorleybloke'

By the way, how rare is this? Who plays it out?

Cheers

Pete

===========================================================================

TIM BROWN :lol:

=============================

At a guess Pete i,d say less than 4 known copies sad.gif ( on King )

Pretty rare on 100 Club Anniversary single in the scheme of things :)

Wanna buy mine u can have it 75 % less than the King copy :shades:biggrin.gif

Social source share

Simon, you deserve a big spank across the ankles for that rolleyes.gif

m

Remember meeting him and his wife on NYE at Soul Rev. Both seem like lovely people (and I don't say that lightly).

Come off it Maria, everyone who collects rare soul knows who he is....he's outbid me and my friends more times than I can recall....won all the big tunes off JM & TB's auctions...if Richard wants a tune, he's gonna get it, simple as that....good luck to him....if I was in his position, I'd do exactly the same thing....

Phil.

Social source share

Pretty sure he was playing Because Of My Heart off a Rouser copy at Soul Rev maybe someone else could confirm I wasn't just seeing things....also had Saints, Gwen Owens, Damon Fox, and played a mental 70's thing on blue Toeholt.....had some pretty monster records basically.

Social source share

Guest DeeJay

I chatted to him briefly at the Seattle weekender seemed like a good egg danced to my choons when it was a crap time and not many around and afterwords came up and complemented me and now that iv'e found out that his collection is as stellar as it is every credit to him appreciated him then when i knew nothing of him appreciate him more now that i know more about him Im also going back to Seattle in Nov You can guess what i'll be requesting !!

DJ

Social source share

Guest Mr Smith

Met him in Seattle last November. Very quiet guy.

Didn't he DJ at James Trouble's do a while ago?

Yeah, he was the poor fellow who'd flown over from NY on NYE only to be booted off the decks after ten minutes huh.gif .

Social source share

Pretty sure he was playing Because Of My Heart off a Rouser copy at Soul Rev maybe someone else could confirm I wasn't just seeing things....also had Saints, Gwen Owens, Damon Fox, and played a mental 70's thing on blue Toeholt.....had some pretty monster records basically.

I sold him the Damon Fox on behalf of someone else, it was an issue, never made the price public but it was eye watering. He's a good guy, did those great cd's which he gave away for free in a gatefold cover, superb.

Social source share

Yes I spoke to him briefly Pete, seemed very friendly. If I had his sort of capital I would be doing exactly the same thing: stocking up on the best records ever made regardless of price....best of luck to him. Would like to know what the 70's thing on Toeholt was!

Social source share

Simon, you deserve a big spank across the ankles for that rolleyes.gif

m

As Quinvy says Maria, everyone knows him thats buying . If you see someone looking glum , they often say

" I got gymespuckied last night , well and truely Honked " :thumbup:ph34r.gif:thumbup:

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Yes I spoke to him briefly Pete, seemed very friendly. If I had his sort of capital I would be doing exactly the same thing: stocking up on the best records ever made regardless of price....best of luck to him. Would like to know what the 70's thing on Toeholt was!

Nobodys Children - Shardarp [ Toeholt ] ? Best,Eddie

Social source share

Yes he was. Though he first played it at our club Function in Malmoe, Sweden. He will return to our club for a third visit (wish I could have him as a resident) on Dec 13th if anyone wants to hear him dj in Europe...

does this guy find unknowns as well or just use the money he got to buy the big titles he likes? ez

Unknowns too.

One of the nicest guys I've met.

Edited by Helena
Social source share

great record but a bit of a silly price...almost two lester tiptons with a bit of spare change biggrin.gif

If you think about the fact that there are only three copies known to exist so far I don`t think the price is silly when compared to a Lester Tipton for example. However, having said so I wouldn`t have thought it it will go that high really.

Obviously though it did only went that high as both second and winning high bidder seem to have had high reserve snipe bids as the third bidder went out "already" at 9000 USD.

Will be interesting to see if with that top price one or two more copies will surface now or if it will stay one of the ulra rare Rare Soul reocrds with only three known copies to exist.

Marc

NB

Honky...very nice guy indeed, I have dealt with him several times now and he is one of the very few collectors who are open minded enough to be on the look out for and pay for unknowns and C/UPS...so he is not a typical trophy hunter/DJ ...

Social source share

Whilst both top bidders were obviously willing to pay what they bid, this scenario was always waiting to happen on ebay, where 2 people bid and snipe extremely high to ensure they win, whilst presuming, hoping & praying biggrin.gif that the bidding will never actually go that high.

Bet the seller nearly crapped himself with exitement in the last few seconds mind.... :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert