New Member - Lorraine Chandler

Definitely a female lead on the Sepia 45 'Tell Me You're Mine' track, sure sounds like you!!huh.gif

I can't post soundfiles but hopefully someone on here can....

Nope Johnny , it was the regular lead (the tenor, Eddie, male) with Johnny Dixon.

You can hear Johnny's voice on the Boss label, Where Are You, (You Tube) much clearer.

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
Social source share

Thanks Lorraine, I have the 'Where Are You' 45s, one on 'Boss' just credited to Johnny Dixon and another on 'Triple B' credited to The Four Sonics. I'll play them side by side along 'Tell Me You're Mine' soon as I get them out of the crates.

Have to say, you are one of my favourite Soul singers, saw you at Great Yarmouth many moons back, love the Detroit sound, especially the Pied Piper stuff! Also managed to get the Kent Anniversary 45 of your unreleased 'You Only Live Twice', superb tune!

How great is the internet? Being able to talk to one of my fave artists!!! Oh, progress!

Johnny

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

Is there a benelovent organisation for poor downtrodden record companies? laugh.gif

Lorraine's a typical bloody diva. The next thing she'll be wanting is to have us remove all the red jelly beans from her rider.......:thumbsup:

Can't help thinking there's a massive amount of organisations dedicated to collecting less and less money though various channels. Can't it all be amalgamated I ask myself? No wonder there's never anything left for the artists.......g.gif

Good thread Lorraine! thumbup.gif

Ian D :wave:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Can't help thinking there's a massive amount of organisations dedicated to collecting less and less money though various channels. Can't it all be amalgamated I ask myself? No wonder there's never anything left for

Ian D :sweatingbullets:

True, there are a large amount of royalty collection societies throughout the world. , most are non-profit making. Problem is they all have very different procedures and policies, and they are effectively 'private' companies, which is why it is difficult to amalgamate them. Having said they they do work together and exchange information to ensure the correct people get the royalties they should be paid.

Social source share

Is there a benelovent organisation for poor downtrodden record companies? :cheese1:

Lorraine's a typical bloody diva. The next thing she'll be wanting is to have us remove all the red jelly beans from her rider.......:sweatingbullets:

Can't help thinking there's a massive amount of organisations dedicated to collecting less and less money though various channels. Can't it all be amalgamated I ask myself? No wonder there's never anything left for the artists.......:lol:

Good thread Lorraine! :tumbleweed3:

Ian D :lol:

...and Ian D,

After removing the red jelly beans, replace them with black jelly beans. Love those black jelly beans. Taste delicious but makes your tongue look horrible! tongue.gif

Lorraine

Social source share

Been Reading the whole thread, and what has struck me is how amazing an experience this is. As a young lad back in the 70`s i never thought for one minute i would be actually able to speak [all be it through the wonders of the internet] to one of my all time favourite artists.

I would like to thank you personally Lorraine for giving so many so much pleasure through your music. I have as i`m sure have so many others watched thousands of people over the years, dancing and enjoying your music. Your voice is unique, your skills throughout the music industry is phenominal to not only myself but thousands of people on our scene. A BIG WELCOME TO THE SITE-HARRY :sweatingbullets:

Social source share

...and Ian D,

After removing the red jelly beans, replace them with black jelly beans. Love those black jelly beans. Taste delicious but makes your tongue look horrible! :lol: Lorraine

I've gotta say that you're a real livewire Lorraine. :lol:

It's fantastic that you're engaging with your fans in such a down-to-earth one-on-one fashion. I can't think of many acts that would engage the way you do babes. Also, the way you write and your overall eloquence tells me that you should seriously think about telling your story in your owns words. It'd be very theraputic getting it all down in your style plus any historical dates, sessions, songs, releases etc, etc could all be supplied right here on Soul Source for FREE 'cos we're the living experts LOL! Think about it OK?

Also have you tried the black (licquorice) jelly-belly beans in a combo with the green apple jelly-belly ones? That's a sensational combo. F*ck any other flavours, just put those two on the rider and watch how you belt out "I Can't Change" after a mouthful of those. :lol:

Ian D X :(

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Been Reading the whole thread, and what has struck me is how amazing an experience this is. As a young lad back in the 70`s i never thought for one minute i would be actually able to speak [all be it through the wonders of the internet] to one of my all time favourite artists.

I would like to thank you personally Lorraine for giving so many so much pleasure through your music. I have as i`m sure have so many others watched thousands of people over the years, dancing and enjoying your music. Your voice is unique, your skills throughout the music industry is phenominal to not only myself but thousands of people on our scene. A BIG WELCOME TO THE SITE-HARRY :lol:

Thanks Harry for the big welcome! Just think, I would come to this site and read and not once thought about joining. I thought folks would think I was egotistical and now I'm too old to care what anyone thinks outside of you all that supported me. I cannot tell you how many haters are out here and those who have made way more money off my works than I have. I love entertaining and interacting with you and others on the 'soul' sites, but only the strong (and lived this long) survive.

Starting to get emotional now :lol: (because of your kind words), so again thank you for replying.

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
Social source share

I've gotta say that you're a real livewire Lorraine. :lol:

It's fantastic that you're engaging with your fans in such a down-to-earth one-on-one fashion. I can't think of many acts that would engage the way you do babes. Also, the way you write and your overall eloquence tells me that you should seriously think about telling your story in your owns words. It'd be very theraputic getting it all down in your style plus any historical dates, sessions, songs, releases etc, etc could all be supplied right here on Soul Source for FREE 'cos we're the living experts LOL! Think about it OK?

Also have you tried the black (licquorice) jelly-belly beans in a combo with the green apple jelly-belly ones? That's a sensational combo. F*ck any other flavours, just put those two on the rider and watch how you belt out "I Can't Change" after a mouthful of those. :lol:

Ian D X :(

OK, Ian D,

Four things, first, thanks for comments on my writing skills (I'm still mulling around the word, theraputic, trying to figure out what you're trying to say?). Second, nothing will be free because I need a new TV and I want it in 3-D! How's that for rhyming? Third, I love the jelly-bellys. My favorites are the fruits, watermelon, peach, pear and of course licorice which gives me soul (and saying that keeps me in this thread). I haven't tried your combo, because of the sour thing. Four, I am going to talk with your closest friends into having you in out patient care, cause you're :lol::lol::( !!!!

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
Social source share

Hi Lorraine , It saddens me sometimes when I think of some of the artists that we hold in such high esteem may be unaware of the huge impact that they have had on our scene and our lives . During the 1970s were you aware of your influence on the British soul scene ?

and when you found out about Northern soul what were your first impressions ?

Thanks Mark

Social source share

I cannot tell you how many haters are out here...

Lorraine, it takes me very much by surprise that you would have any 'haters' at all, let alone a plurality of them. Beyond acknowledging the obvious fact that there are far too many people in the world who have a sandwich short of a picnic, why should this be so?

Russell

Edited by rigilbert
Social source share

Hi Lorraine , It saddens me sometimes when I think of some of the artists that we hold in such high esteem may be unaware of the huge impact that they have had on our scene and our lives . During the 1970s were you aware of your influence on the British soul scene ?

and when you found out about Northern soul what were your first impressions ?

Thanks Mark

Hey Mark,

No, I was not aware of the impact or what extent we as artists would have. You make a record and it becomes a vehicle that affords you to entertain, write, or produce. Back then, (70's) that's all I saw and maybe that's all I wanted. I would have kept some of the records I produced or wrote (especially Eddie Parker's) if I knew the value would be what they are now. :ohmy:

My first impression of Northern Soul is a lasting one. You all were kind right from the beginning. Notice all the smiles on the old photos? I know how to do a half smile when need to! But you brought and bring out the best in me. Don't be sad, it took us a while but we (I) got it. That's why I'm on this site to say thank you to you.

Lorraine

Social source share

Not all artists have reacted/seen us in this way Lorraine. I can remember Jimmy Ruffin saying some disparaging things about us in a movie Ian Levine made about the Northern Soul phenomenon around 15 years ago. He tried to say that the predilection we had for the obscure rather than the mainstream was some kind attempt to be different from the rest, a kind of clique. He came over as conceited and arrogant, even though he was getting gigs in England long after his star had waned in the USA. His loss etc.

Social source share

Lorraine, it takes me very much by surprise that you would have any 'haters' at all, let alone a plurality of them. Beyond acknowledging the obvious fact that there are far too many people in the world who have a sandwich short of a picnic, why should this be so?

Russell

Russell, 'haters' might be a strong word but as in any business, competition was fierce. When you're young and naive, negative incidents can impact you in ways that can be everlasting.

Creative folk run high on emotion. Back in the day, people tried to control me and had such childish ways. "If you work with this person, you can't work with me," or "if I book you to perform, I need a kick-back" (if you got paid at all). I have fun entertaining and being around people who entertain, that's not the case with most. Life has not been kind to some and they tend to take it out on others. What they didn't have, they tried to take or destroy. But I'm Taurus, I know how to dig in! :lol: The "me" group definitely outweighed the "we" group. I can look back now... the things I went through and what I came through. This all sound too heavy, but it's true.

Just the other day, someone wrote me to say I didn't do an interview back in 1990 and was kind of ticked! :yes: Can you imagine holding on to those kind of feelings for that long? He said, "out of the 20 people he asked, I was the hold out." While, I don't remember it, in my book, 19 out of 20 ain't bad. I'll take those odds anyday! But as I've said, "it's all good now." :ohmy:

Lorraine

Social source share

hi lorraine.

thanks to you & your soul brother's & sister's,for 30years of pleasure your music has gave me.

its great i have the chance to thank you.:ohmy:

steve.

Steve,

It's my pleasure and I thank you! (Just love this lovefest!:lol: )

Lorraine

Social source share

Not all artists have reacted/seen us in this way Lorraine. I can remember Jimmy Ruffin saying some disparaging things about us in a movie Ian Levine made about the Northern Soul phenomenon around 15 years ago. He tried to say that the predilection we had for the obscure rather than the mainstream was some kind attempt to be different from the rest, a kind of clique. He came over as conceited and arrogant, even though he was getting gigs in England long after his star had waned in the USA. His loss etc.

And I think you honor both. That's what I like about you all. You honor history. You honor your country's history and you appreciate your music, both old and new. I like Jimmy and if he said those things, I'm sorry. It's nice to be remembered and still appreciated ...and still gigging!

Lorraine

Social source share

And I think you honor both. That's what I like about you all. You honor history. You honor your country's history and you appreciate your music, both old and new. I like Jimmy and if he said those things, I'm sorry. It's nice to be remembered and still appreciated ...and still gigging!

Lorraine

Perhaps he was having an off day then, Lord knows we all have 'em. Benefit of the doubt etc... :ohmy:

Social source share

Hey Mark,

No, I was not aware of the impact or what extent we as artists would have. You make a record and it becomes a vehicle that affords you to entertain, write, or produce. Back then, (70's) that's all I saw and maybe that's all I wanted. I would have kept some of the records I produced or wrote (especially Eddie Parker's) if I knew the value would be what they are now. :ohmy:

My first impression of Northern Soul is a lasting one. You all were kind right from the beginning. Notice all the smiles on the old photos? I know how to do a half smile when need to! But you brought and bring out the best in me. Don't be sad, it took us a while but we (I) got it. That's why I'm on this site to say thank you to you.

Lorraine

That is so nice Lorraine. I'm sure it fills the hearts of many a soul fan on this site to know that the respect and feeling is reciprocated.

Best

Kevin

Social source share

Ive been meaning to put a message on here for a few days but not been brave enough as it feels like you are such a superstar in the soul scene and its like im just a mere mortal not worthy but having read the posts already on here it is so humbling that someone of your status is so down to earth and honest anyhoo Welcome and can I ask who where the artists female and male who had an impact on you and do you have a favourite song by them etc

Kieran

p.s you are a true legend thanks for the beautiful music

Social source share

Ive been meaning to put a message on here for a few days but not been brave enough as it feels like you are such a superstar in the soul scene and its like im just a mere mortal not worthy but having read the posts already on here it is so humbling that someone of your status is so down to earth and honest anyhoo Welcome and can I ask who where the artists female and male who had an impact on you and do you have a favourite song by them etc

Kieran

p.s you are a true legend thanks for the beautiful music

Kieran,

I had to leave and come back to you. I'm so glad I can do this here. If I heard you in person, I'd be embarrassing, just a snotty mess! You all keep saying what I've done for you, you have no idea what this is doing to me now. I was lucky enough to have a half-way decent voice, wonderfully written and produced songs that did nothing here and made you happy there. Trust me, I'm the grateful one. As, you said, anyhoo, thanks for the welcome and the question. I've been waiting this whole thread for it.

I consider myself pop/soul. I've never been as soulful as I wanted to be. I'll take my girls first. Aretha, Patti, Gladys (and others) all had the sound and could put on a show. I'm more of a technician. They are natural. I had to learn not to sing flat and sharp, therefore I studied the recordings of Sarah Vaughn, Nancy Wilson, Gloria Lynn and Barbra Striesand. I do mean studied, I studied their phrasing, breath control, stage presence, etc. I can't name them all but I studied the best to make me better. We'll talk about favorite songs later (male and female). Remind me!

Now, my boys. You are going to love this. No one can touch my soul guys, Otis Redding, Sam Cooke, Jerry Butler, Jackie Wilson, The Isleys (I could go on and on). The gifts they had/have are called natural voices. But being the technician that I am, my main man is...Johnny Mathis. To me, nobody and I mean, nobody can sing Misty and Maria the way he does. What a voice, style, that vibrato and fine, too. Even today, he sounds so good.

But get ready, :hatsoff2: , :D , :lol:, the person that resparked me is...your John Barrowman!!!! I absolutely adore his voice and his work ethic regarding his craft. The way he gets on top of his high notes and now that he's older, the gravitas he generates with the bottom notes...I could go on. His recording of I Won't Send Roses, is 99.9 flawless! (See what I mean of 'study'). Of course, he doesn't know it (he doesn't know me and why should he) but he is responsible for me being on this site. The love he has for you all is no greater than mine.

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
Social source share

HI LORRAINE

A BIG THANKS FOR YOUR MUSIC OVER THE YEARS ,ITS SO GOOD OF YOU TO TAKE THE TIME TO ANSWER EVERYBODYS POSTS.

THIS SAT IS MY SOUL SOUL NIGHT AND JUST FOR YOU AND EVERYBODY ELSE OF COURSE .

tell me your mine

i cant change

what can i do

these will be hittin the decks

all our love (the harold soul club crew)

please feel free to have a look at our site www.haroldsoulclub.co.uk

Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

I can remember Jimmy Ruffin saying some disparaging things about us in a movie Ian Levine made about the Northern Soul phenomenon around 15 years ago. He tried to say that the predilection we had for the obscure rather than the mainstream was some kind attempt to be different from the rest, a kind of clique. He came over as conceited and arrogant, even though he was getting gigs in England long after his star had waned in the USA. His loss etc.

Er... ph34r.gif He might have a point there...

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Hello Lorraine welcome to soulsource , met you at Prestatyn hope your keeping well . I will be back in Detroit october hopefully .. recall buying some of your 45s from Bob Mayes on 8 mile , i'm also very good friends with Percy Williams and Alfred Michell The Metros .. any storys about them them i love to tell them lol . just came off the phone to pat lewis ..she also sends her love to the uk .

Social source share

Guest Lobster Madras

What an amazing thread !

Hello from SW France Lorraine,

I would also like to thank you and express my appreciation for your incredible recordings.... Your 3 RCA Victor 45's sit proudly in my collection and still get played regularly when I get a chance to DJ .. I was lucky enough to see you perform at Prestatyn a few years back and get your autograph; although my friend Carl asked for me ( too overawed !) To me the recordings are as near to Northern soul perfection as one can get ; although they were recorded with success in mind I can't help thinking that the combination of your superb vocals, lyrics and that pied piper production made them just far too classy and sophisticated for the charts !

I just wondered how they were received at the time by radio /listeners etc because for us they became virtually instant favourites in the mid 70s...

Fantastic to read all the praise , love and admiration and your open, engaging and appreciative replies,

You are indeed a superstar Lorraine, true soul royalty !yes.gif

Edited by Lobster Madras
Social source share

First many thanks for the reply Lorraine

fascinating insight into your music background and influences im guessing you like the big arrangements with the vocal matching the story being sung hence the Mr Barrowman song he acts out the emotion of the song giving it a extra edge I loved the way Paul Williams of the Temptations done this on the live performance of " once in my life " 2:42 into this clip listen Paul Williams one of my all time favourites . I think thats what made you and other of our musical heros so great they had great emotion with the song like so many people say the songs could make you cry laugh smile or simply take you away from reality for a few mins touching us deep down in our hearts and souls.

p.s remember my mum having the Johnny Mathis LPs at home when i was a lad I guess thats where my influences started

Kieran

Social source share

Hello Lorraine welcome to soulsource , met you at Prestatyn hope your keeping well . I will be back in Detroit october hopefully .. recall buying some of your 45s from Bob Mayes on 8 mile , i'm also very good friends with Percy Williams and Alfred Michell The Metros .. any storys about them them i love to tell them lol . just came off the phone to pat lewis ..she also sends her love to the uk .

Hello Chalky,

I remember when The Metros came to audition (I was part of the listening team), two wonderful leads, Joe Buckman and Percy Williams, but when I heard that bass man, that was it! Wonderful singing guys. When Sweetest One started hitting the charts, we were happy campers! Any other stories will come from them. What went on in Pied Piper, stays in Pied Piper! :thumbsup: I hope I haven't heard wrong but Percy's grandson said on YouTube that Percy wasn't doing well and asking for prayers. Also, Pat Lewis is our life line here, she's everywhere.

This might not be yours to answer, but all the records being sold (different labels) on on us oldies, who is paying the artist, publishers, etc? Someone is doing a lot of re-pressing, but not the sharing.

Thanks for the welcome.

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
Social source share

What an amazing thread !

Hello from SW France Lorraine,

I would also like to thank you and express my appreciation for your incredible recordings.... Your 3 RCA Victor 45's sit proudly in my collection and still get played regularly when I get a chance to DJ .. I was lucky enough to see you perform at Prestatyn a few years back and get your autograph; although my friend Carl asked for me ( too overawed !) To me the recordings are as near to Northern soul perfection as one can get ; although they were recorded with success in mind I can't help thinking that the combination of your superb vocals, lyrics and that pied piper production made them just far too classy and sophisticated for the charts !

I just wondered how they were received at the time by radio /listeners etc because for us they became virtually instant favourites in the mid 70s...

Fantastic to read all the praise , love and admiration and your open, engaging and appreciative replies,

You are indeed a superstar Lorraine, true soul royalty !yes.gif

Bon Jour, Mon Ami!

I hope I said that right. Thank you for making me feel better for my songs not hitting the charts! I was only the artist then, but I think better marketing would have helped sell more records. I was doing every 'hop' in town on What Can I Do, which got me the recognition from RCA, after that, the deal making was in someone else's hands.

Lorraine

Social source share

HI LORRAINE

A BIG THANKS FOR YOUR MUSIC OVER THE YEARS ,ITS SO GOOD OF YOU TO TAKE THE TIME TO ANSWER EVERYBODYS POSTS.

THIS SAT IS MY SOUL SOUL NIGHT AND JUST FOR YOU AND EVERYBODY ELSE OF COURSE .

tell me your mine

i cant change

what can i do

these will be hittin the decks

all our love (the harold soul club crew)

please feel free to have a look at our site www.haroldsoulclub.co.uk

All the love back! I did visit the site and it looks like you have it together there! Have fun this saturday.

Lorraine

Social source share

Hi Lorraine,

Great to see you interacting on this sight.

Your voice introduced me to a lifelong love of soul.

For me, it's 'I Can't Change' that defines you a legend, just my opinion.

Great to have you here & with such great humour too.

End of creeping.

As we say in the northwest u.k. .....'ta chuck'.

Regards,

Aid.

Social source share

I was trying to thumb through all the pages in this post to see if any girls have said Hi , and then I saw how many posts I would have to trawl through :D these boys are like Bees around a honey pot :thumbsup:laugh.gif:thumbsup: I can't find the girls for the boys .

So from one female to another let me offer you a Jammy dodger as I do to all my american friends ( Ralf on SDF) as they find this gift highly amusing and very nice with a cup of tea ... and a big hug to a great soul sister .

Or you may prefer one of these Mr Obama loved it the other day

Carms

x

post-9590-0-33593800-1306496335_thumb.jp

Social source share

But not through a straw though Carms. whatever next!? Lorraine, you asked about your records changing hands. Most people source the original vinyl copies, now 40+ years old, in record stores specialising in vinyl, record fairs, fellow collectors, Ebay, online record dealers etc. If I remember well, there were legitimate UK releases of RCA Pied Piper stuff in the 70s, records that were in demand due to original copies being played at Northern Soul clubs. I'd like to think that some of that revenue dripped back to artists, writers, producers etc. Sadly, the bootleggers have always been lurking, since the very early 70s. Simon Soussan was probably the archbootlegger on this scene, but some British record outlets were also at it. The more expert collectors on here should be able to tell you if your stuff has been/is being booted. Take a look at this thread from 2004 (!) with people hotly debating and disputing Pied Piper output. It's from the old Soul Talk site, a predecessor of Soul Source. Now you'll see why some us are called 'anoraks'. :-)

https://www.raresoulf...?showtopic=1226

Edited by macca
Social source share

Oh, OK. I was getting a llittle nervous. Not that I know who Tottenham Hotspur is.

Lorraine

Tottenham Hotspur are the best football (soccer) team in the world. ha.

Cannot beileve I am saying hi to Lorraine Chandler. Welcome to Soul Source. You are a true Legend.

Liam

Social source share

Hello Chalky,

I remember when The Metros came to audition (I was part of the listening team), two wonderful leads, Joe Buckman and Percy Williams, but when I heard that bass man, that was it! Wonderful singing guys. When Sweetest One started hitting the charts, we were happy campers! Any other stories will come from them. What went on in Pied Piper, stays in Pied Piper! :thumbsup: I hope I haven't heard wrong but Percy's grandson said on YouTube that Percy wasn't doing well and asking for prayers. Also, Pat Lewis is our life line here, she's everywhere.

This might not be yours to answer, but all the records being sold (different labels) on on us oldies, who is paying the artist, publishers, etc? Someone is doing a lot of re-pressing, but not the sharing.

Thanks for the welcome.

Lorraine

Hello Lorraine many thanks for the info .. they did tell me a few story's but :lol: I done a cracking interview with them , Yes Percy as had cancer i do keep in touch with him and he is doing fine thank god . love to see you back over here in the uk any plans ?

Chalky

Social source share

Hi Lorraine,

Great to see you interacting on this sight.

Your voice introduced me to a lifelong love of soul.

For me, it's 'I Can't Change' that defines you a legend, just my opinion.

Great to have you here & with such great humour too.

End of creeping.

As we say in the northwest u.k. .....'ta chuck'.

Regards,

Aid.

Thank you for replying Aid. It's good to be here.

Lorraine

Social source share

I was trying to thumb through all the pages in this post to see if any girls have said Hi , and then I saw how many posts I would have to trawl through smile.gif these boys are like Bees around a honey pot :thumbsup::lol: :lol: I can't find the girls for the boys .

So from one female to another let me offer you a Jammy dodger as I do to all my american friends ( Ralf on SDF) as they find this gift highly amusing and very nice with a cup of tea ... and a big hug to a great soul sister .

Or you may prefer one of these Mr Obama loved it the other day

Carms

x

Carms!

Our gal pals are few and far between, but they are here! Thanks for the hug and back at ya!

Lorraine

Social source share

But not through a straw though Carms. whatever next!? Lorraine, you asked about your records changing hands. Most people source the original vinyl copies, now 40+ years old, in record stores specialising in vinyl, record fairs, fellow collectors, Ebay, online record dealers etc. If I remember well, there were legitimate UK releases of RCA Pied Piper stuff in the 70s, records that were in demand due to original copies being played at Northern Soul clubs. I'd like to think that some of that revenue dripped back to artists, writers, producers etc. Sadly, the bootleggers have always been lurking, since the very early 70s. Simon Soussan was probably the archbootlegger on this scene, but some British record outlets were also at it. The more expert collectors on here should be able to tell you if your stuff has been/is being booted. Take a look at this thread from 2004 (!) with people hotly debating and disputing Pied Piper output. It's from the old Soul Talk site, a predecessor of Soul Source. Now you'll see why some us are called 'anoraks'. :-)

https://www.raresoulf...?showtopic=1226

I wasn't going to say anything about the straw. I didn't know if it was a custom or not. Back to the records.

I have no problem with collectors selling their records. But I read on line that Amazon was re-ordering! I'm checking that out. Also, the legit companies (Kent, Sony, etc) who have had releases with nobody paying the artist. If they did, they forgot me! I'm checking on that too. If you use my name, pay me for the same! (I just made that line up). :thumbsup: Thanks for the input.

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
Social source share

so that would make it a US boot then, cos it wasn't played in the UK till the mid 70s, was it?

un huh,

ya'll go,

straighten me out,

I'm loving it so! (have some rhythm when saying this)

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
Social source share

Tottenham Hotspur are the best football (soccer) team in the world. ha.

Cannot beileve I am saying hi to Lorraine Chandler. Welcome to Soul Source. You are a true Legend.

Liam

Liam, Liam, Liam,

You know I'm not going to let this turn into a soccer thread. First, Everton, now Tottenham Hotspur, again. Who's next? (I don't mean that!)

Thank you for the welcome.

Lorraine

Social source share

Hello Lorraine many thanks for the info .. they did tell me a few story's but :thumbsup: I done a cracking interview with them , Yes Percy as had cancer i do keep in touch with him and he is doing fine thank god . love to see you back over here in the uk any plans ?

Chalky

Not at the moment. I would love to do a show with the Pied Piper and Just Productions artist. It would be great to get together again. But I don't do the bookings.

Lorraine

Edited by lorchand
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!