Too Fast To Dance?

Guest brummiemick

Guest brummiemick

I was listening to The Masqueraders - 'I Got The Power' earlier - it's got an incredibly fast beat.

It got me thinking whether there have ever been any Northern Soul records that were generally considered too fast to dance to? (Or just very difficult to keep up with?)

Edited by brummiemick
Social source share

Pass the iron lung......

Its enought to give you an heart attack just listening to it.....Phew i bet the backing band needed oxygen after that workout!!! nemind to fast to dance to ? The Truimphs "Im coming to your rescue" is proper Northern Soul!!!! not one for the cissys mind you???

ktf tfk :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by tfk
Social source share

The Truimphs "Im coming to your rescue" is proper Northern Soul!!!! not one for the cissies mind???

Fantastic track which sadly along with many others of this tempo rarely see's a set of decks these days. Most local soul nite type punters would never have heard it and even if they had wouldn't have the first clue how to dance to it!....... :(

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Fantastic track which sadly along with many others of this tempo rarely see's a set of decks these days. Most local soul nite type punters would never have heard it and even if they had wouldn't have the first clue how to dance to it!....... :(

Was played last night at a local soul do and there were a couple of die hard souls giving it a good go. Always liked this myself.

As already mentioned CODs - She's Fire (Combinations - piece of p*ss lol), Reggie Saddler Combo - Hear My Song (no chance) and Larry Wright - Sweet Sweet Kisses (although Jocko managed it from start to finish at the Wilton once) :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest manusf3a

Towanda Barnes You dont mean it

King Errison Zola Back in the past at samanthas or mr m s loved it ,mispent youth,pills,pills and more pills get on the floor and do it,

These days ,to fast? more than likely yes,but worth a risk of an oxygen mask and a few minutes in the recovery position.

Social source share

Winnie

Ya wimp :lol: Played this out recently to quite a few on the dancefloor to it :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Yeh, Winnie ya Wimp! :lol: - Seriously though, for some strange reason (as you say so yourself) every time I play it out, there's always 'quite a few on the dance floor'.....Maybe it's such a contrast to what they think I'm gonna play! :D

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I've always struggled with this one, not sure if the D.J 'tweeks' up the speed slightly....no it's me, but I dance to the b*stard every single time - It will not beat me!

All the best,

Len.

Edited by LEN
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest Droylsdonian

Not sure that anything is 'too fast to dance to' for how long it lasts, but can say that, even as a very fit 15 y/o, I had to have a rest after this.

I was saying to someone a few weeks ago that the style of dancing changed to accommodate faster sounds & preserve energy. Best I can describe it is as ' being lighter on your feet'. I see a lot of it in blokes about 45-48 now.

'src=<'

'> Edited by Droylsdonian
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!