Just Arrived In The Post (Or Just Bought)

Jim G

Keeping the thread ticking over here's a few which arrived in the week , Spidells - Pushed Out Of The Picture, another copy of Changes - And I'll Love You Forever/Say You'll Be Mine, plus a couple of Roy Smith 45's, the one on Chantain being an upgrade, the Delphi 45 I'd hankered after for a while to replace my Liberty copy but didn't want to pay much.  No doubt all will be on youtube.

post-16265-0-68702500-1386413107_thumb.j post-16265-0-20764700-1386413076_thumb.j

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

just treated myself to this little gem

hoping I can get the mrs to want to wrap it up for me as a stocking filler and refund me the cash as I really shouldn't have bought anything this week.... :rofl:

Leon Haywood - You dont have to see me cry - Decca

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rih5bJxHiQ

Edited by Andy Kempster
Social source share

Saturday 3 arrived namely Patty Parks - Lovers Lane,  The Fabulons - Don't Ask Me,  Alan Lad - Do You Like The Way I Do It For You/She Don't Know.  The 1st 2 will no doubt be too Blue-eyed/Pop for some tastes.  Can't find a clip for Alan Lad but She Don't Know was also released on Hot Spot 1000 with a different flip, a ballad, All The Good Lovin' You Need.

post-16265-0-94365800-1387807289_thumb.jpost-16265-0-51937700-1387807317_thumb.jpost-16265-0-38677300-1387807340_thumb.j

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

a few little festive treats to myself turned up this morning

nothing over £10 here, so that simply shows there is plenty of good cheap stuff around

OSCAR TONEY JR - AIN'T THAT TRUE LOVE - BELL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1va9K14Orjw

LATTIMORE BROWN - SO SAYS MY HEART - SEVENTY7 (2nd ISSUE BUT AT A FIVER IT WILL DO UNTIL AN SS7 COPY POPS UP)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qb7dDAiUTE

THE MIGHTY CLOUDS OF JOY - TIME - ABC UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMrCMn8SK20

MARIANN - MOTIVATION - ABET

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASIN3tx4Zb8

Social source share

• 7 months later...

This lot just dropped this morning. All stone MINT - joy!

£42 the lot including shipping.

The James Boys " The Horse" Phil L A of Soul DEMO

The Fantastic Johnny C "(She's) Some Kind Of Wonderful" CANADIAN Phil L A Of Soul DEMO (says distributed by London Records of Canada on the label)

Maxine Brown "Oh No Not My Baby" Canadian Quality

The Fuzz "I'm So Glad" USA Calla

post-2354-0-33469800-1408189190_thumb.jp

Edited by jim g
Social source share

• 1 month later...

This lot just dropped this morning. All stone MINT - joy!

£42 the lot including shipping.

The James Boys " The Horse" Phil L A of Soul DEMO

The Fantastic Johnny C "(She's) Some Kind Of Wonderful" CANADIAN Phil L A Of Soul DEMO (says distributed by London Records of Canada on the label)

Maxine Brown "Oh No Not My Baby" Canadian Quality

The Fuzz "I'm So Glad" USA Calla

I don't think the Canadian Phil+la 45's are demo's. Canada issued a lot of 45's on white labels with no demo details. I can think of Curtom, Argo, Carla, the ones pictured, all white label.  Just grabbed this as an example.

post-1612-0-80511000-1411333935_thumb.jp

Edited by newer
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Just received a beautiful copy of Under The Street Lamp/You Got To Have Money - The Exits

Trouble is, after a test play  or feedback purposes, it's been confiscated by the missus, not to be re-opened till 25th December - that's three bloody months...why did I agree to that!...what if I've gone off it by then!!!! (doubt it)

Social source share

Just arrived in the post Inez & Charlie Foxx - You fixed my heartache - Dynamo D-127. One of my rare purchases from U.S.A. It was graded as VG+ but it looks M-, just has a drill hole through the label and a couple of scuffs on the B side. I collect mainly sixties sounds and have been after this for a while. I think that this is the first time I have posted on this thread, I have been following it recently and it is interesting to see the variety of members purchases.

Social source share

There have been 4 land this morning -

Ronnie Angel - For Love, Jack Harden & the Silhouettes - She'll be back, Tony Washington- Someone's Always Crying/ He Will Break Your Heart, so I have spare copies of these 3 now.  The 4th is Cilka and the Second Coming - He Left Me Behind which I'd put off buying several times as being "oddball" over the years but finally relented.

post-16265-0-59410700-1412423780_thumb.jpost-16265-0-44830100-1412423803_thumb.j

Edited by tiberius
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!