Just Arrived In The Post (Or Just Bought)

Jim G

Two cheapies-    Nice twofer 45. Deliverance Loving you/ Sittin around United Soul label St Louis Miss.  Loving- sweet midtempo dancer, Sittin- a slice of funky crossover. few sites suggest Gil Scott-Heron influence. Seen a few for sale lately nice and cheap  mine was £4. check Youtube.                                                 Also The Drifters The Struggler Steeltown records not sure of who's in this lineup? Its a nice crossover soul record- catchy hook . A copy for £6 on RNS.com, if anyone interested, also on youtube.                  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Also a nice version of the Struggler by The Enchanters on Atco......

gary

Two cheapies-    Nice twofer 45. Deliverance Loving you/ Sittin around United Soul label St Louis Miss.  Loving- sweet midtempo dancer, Sittin- a slice of funky crossover. few sites suggest Gil Scott-Heron influence. Seen a few for sale lately nice and cheap  mine was £4. check Youtube.                                                 Also The Drifters The Struggler Steeltown records not sure of who's in this lineup? Its a nice crossover soul record- catchy hook . A copy for £6 on RNS.com, if anyone interested, also on youtube.                  

As above!! Not got to grips with this quote button!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From two weeks ago Saturday...I hit a record show at the nearby Beachland Ballroom in Cleveland...

Christine Adams-- Loneliness is Always Around (Cyclone) paid $3

Chris Bartley-- Truer Words Were Never Spoken (Vando WLP) paid $10

Imperial Wonders-- Love Coming Down (Musicor WLP) paid $15

Johnny and the Expressions-- Boys and Girls Together (Josie) paid $15...this was one record I was hoping to find, and damned if I didn't find it!

Major Lance-- Ain't No Sweat (Volt WLP) paid $3

Junior Lewis-- Where Do I Go From Here (Scepter) paid $7

Lorelei-- S.T.O.P. (Stop) (Columbia WLP) paid $3

Mob-- Give It to Me (Colossus) paid $2

Magic Tones-- It's Better to Love MAH's) paid $3

Roy C.-- Gone Gone (Shout) paid $5

Ike and Tina Turner-- Gonna Have Fun (Modern) paid $1...and worth every penny!

Gene West-- In the Ghetto (Original Sound WLP) paid $3...early Barry White!

Donald Wilson-- Poor Man (Columbia WLP)  paid $3

Best,

Mark

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Done a bit of crate diggin' today @ The record fair in Stoke-On-Trent  got 5 record for £73

Al Prince - True Love - Ronn W/D

Billy Woods - I Found Satisfaction - Verve DJ

Freddy King - One Hundred Years - Federal W/L no mention its a demo but quite sure it is

Lee Fields - She's A Love Maker - Norfolk Sound 

Geraldine Curry & The Show-Stoppers - You're So Wonderful - London House Records 

atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Some recent additions............

Cookie Jackson-Love Brings Pain/Find Me A Lover Uptown

Marky Lee-She's Looking Good El Zarape

Virgil Henry - I'll Be True Colossus

The Groove - Love (It's Getting Better) Wand

The Meditations-It's Wrong To Fight Checker

Joe Bataan- Under The Street Lamp Uptite

Misty Moore -Little Things Pzazz

Minnie Epperson-Grab Your Clothes Peacock

Albert Williams-Tumbling Checker

The Diplomats -Honest To Goodness Minit

Ted Robinson-Thing Called Love Moonville U.S.A

• Helpful 3
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I usually avoid buying in December but just couldn't turn these two down.One that's been a long time want (Deena) & the other is a recent hear & must have(we all know that feeling :D)

Deena Johnson - The Breaking Point Wild Deuce

https://youtu.be/3OaEUsIXJlQ

Troy Marrs And The Dynamics - Rhythm Message - Pt. I Sure Shot

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

On 23 July 2015 at 22:23, hullsoul said:

A few more recent additions..................

Berry Street Station-King Bee Le Cam

Helen Shapiro-Fever Columbia UK

Lowell Fulson-Talkin' Woman Kent

Vernon & Jewell-That's A Rockin' Good Way Kent

Marion Black - I'm Gonna Get Loaded Prix

Shirley Caesar-Stand The Storm Hob Is Gospel

Thats quite a nice gospel record. I have a big box full of Hob singles, in fact most of them, I'll have to go through them as I recall there are several good numbers amongst em….Connie Pitts "Working people", then a really good pre soulful house shouter from Chicago one of the last ones on the label, and there is another one that is like a gospel version of The Temps "All I need"…..maybe I might do some Xmas digging in the lock up….and pull a few out. :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Steve G said:

Thats quite a nice gospel record. I have a big box full of Hob singles, in fact most of them, I'll have to go through them as I recall there are several good numbers amongst em….Connie Pitts "Working people", then a really good pre soulful house shouter from Chicago one of the last ones on the label, and there is another one that is like a gospel version of The Temps "All I need"…..maybe I might do some Xmas digging in the lock up….and pull a few out. :thumbsup:

Steve

Not a massive gospel fan but I do like the ones that are more soulie than gospel like Shirley?

My fave gospel tune at the moment is Melody Kings- He's Alright Specialty,starting to get a few plays.

Just checked Connie out and great funky feel it :thumbsup:

Have fun in the lock up :D

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, hullsoul said:

Steve

Not a massive gospel fan but I do like the ones that are more soulie than gospel like Shirley?

My fave gospel tune at the moment is Melody Kings- He's Alright Specialty,starting to get a few plays.

Cheers

Martyn

:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, hullsoul said:

Steve

Cheers

Martyn

I'm in the same camp as you Martyn - not really into gospel as a rule but the more I hear  - predominately from listening to among others, Greg Belson's podcasts - the more I like.

I have the Shirely Caesar which being cheap and accessible, every home should own :thumbsup: and picked up a copy of "Power of your Love" by Spirit of Love earlier this year.

I also had the Soul Salem Travelers LP arrive yesterday with "Walk in the Sunshine" on it....another GB tip for 2016! Unfortunately I can't find a youtube link to post up and have to go an wrap some prezzies now but will try and post a link once the Crimbo madness has subsided :yes:

Merry Christmas to all!

Darren

Edited by marshman
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, marshman said:

:thumbsup:

I'm in the same camp as you Martyn - not really into gospel as a rule but the more I hear  - predominately from listening to among others, Greg Belson's podcasts - the more I like.

I have the Shirely Caesar which being cheap and accessible, every home should own :thumbsup: and picked up a copy of "Power of your Love" by Spirit of Love earlier this year.

I also had the Soul Salem Travelers LP arrive yesterday with "Walk in the Sunshine" on it....another GB tip for 2016! Unfortunately I can't find a youtube link to post up and have to go an wrap some prezzies now but will try and post a link once the Crimbo madness has subsided :yes:

Merry Christmas to all!

Darren

Darren

Ohhh like Spirit Of Love,one to look for after Chrizzy.

Got a couple of Salem Travelers tunes,Give Me Liberty Or Death been my fave,not gospel but a great civil right's tune.

All the best everyone.

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

On 26/12/2015 at 15:24, TattooDave said:

Just had one of these arrived, paid $35 for it

https://youtu.be/S6szfeY1pLU

Ha...April May & June. A demo of this was a non-delivered purchase on ebay very recently.

There is a VG- stock copy up as a 'Buy it now' for $9.99 at the moment.  The seller will also ship USPS rather than the Global thing if you ask nicely.

:hatsoff2:- Kev

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• 5 weeks later...

Not posted on this thread for a while.  Some recent arrivals:

Aesops Fables - Take A Step, Sunny & Sunliners - Lover To Friend, these are duplicates if someone needs a copy, Pat Stallworth - Questions, Monzas - Where Is Love (excellent sweet soul if you don't know it),  La Justicia Band - That Night In September, unknown? Bobby Taylor - Blackmail, which I bought to sell on but may now keep, & Sundae Flavour - Tell Me That You Love Me, which is usually sold for the funky flip but this side is nice upbeat blue eyed.

56ac8f3f3f057_sunlinersfables.thumb.JPG.56ac8f5841a0c_stallworthmonzas.thumb.JPG56ac8f7218f28_lajusticia.thumb.JPG.b32b256ac8f82953de_taylorflavour.thumb.JPG.66

Social source share

Mixed bag of additions recently..............

Betty Boo - My Man Flint Soul Junction

Harry Starr-Another Time Another Place End

Bobby Taylor - There Are Roses Somewhere/It Was A Good Time Sunflower

Wallace Johnson - Baby Go Ahead Sansu

The Rockmasters - Raining Teardrops Romulus

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 months later...

From yesterday's record show at the Beachland Ballroom here in Cleveland...

Sam Baker--"I'm Number One" (Sound Stage 7) paid $5
Brothers Cain--"It Sure Is Groovy" (Acta WLP) paid $5
Diplomats--"There's Still a Tomorrow" (Wand) paid $10
Falcons--"Standing On Guard" (Big Wheel) paid $2 for a copy that's seen better days...this is my fave of theirs, BTW.
Exits--"I Don't Want to Hear It" (Gemini) paid $5 for a copy that's seen better days.
Gifts--"Rock My Soul" (Ballad) paid $5, though I wish to hell I'd found the Citations on Ballad, but this is pretty good!
Imperial Wonders--"You Live Only Once" (Solid Foundation) paid $10
Little Milton--"So Blue (Without You)" (Checker) paid $1, and worth every penny!
Mary Love--"Let Me Know" (Modern) paid $10
Grover Mitchell--"Take Your Time and Love Me" paid $3 for a copy that's seen better days, but I'm still out for a cleaner copy.
Tony Talent--"Gotta Tell Somebody" (Vando) paid $20
Vanguards--"The Thought of Losing Your Love" (Lamp) paid $3 for a copy that's seen better days.
Oscar Weathers--"The Spoiler" (Top and Bottom WLP) paid $3

I also picked up spares on the Masqueraders "I Ain't Gonna Stop" and James and Bobby Purify "Untie Me", if anyone needs either, I'm willing to do a small trade.

And I also picked up Adams Apples "You Are the One I Love" on a yellow Brunswick...it's not an original, but doesn't seem to be a boot either.

Best,

Mark

Social source share

Just picked up Shades Of Blue Oh How Happy on Impact for £2.50 and Spencer Davies Keep On Running on Fontana with their '78 Island EP for £6.50 the pair. Just doing cheapies so quite pleased with both purchases.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 5/7/2013 at 17:24, hullsoul said:

Last few to hit the doormat..............

Bobby Samson-Dont Leave Sublime

Lula Reed - You Gotta Have That Green Federal

The Whispers - The Dip Dore

The Drapers  - Your Love Has Gone Away Gee Records

Joe Simon - Just Like Yesterday Irral

Rodge Martin - They Say Dot

Audrey Freeman-Three Rooms Musicor

The Supremes & The Temptations - Uptight (Everything's Alright) Tmg 730

Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - More Love Green & White Demo

Cheers

Martyn

Naturally i already have all these !!! But if you request any ....they'll probably be in my other box ....ahem !!!!!!!:g:...hope your well...stocked up on moustaches for our next meeting !!!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!