Northern Tracks That Don't Fade Out

Soulstu

Hey soul fans,

I'm a newbie so I hope this hasn't been done before.

Now, when I look at my records or think about when I used (I know, I know) to go dancing, 99% or more of them fade out, as did most 2 or 3 minute singles of the 60s and 70s. There are a few significant tracks that don't fade out that I can think of:

Nothing Can Stop Me - Gene Chandler

Come On Train - Don Thomas

Scratchy (!) - Travis Wammack

Night Owl - Bobby Paris - My London reissue comes to a clumsy stop but the original Cameo version fades out

Afternoon Of The Rhino - Mike post Coalition

Now, it's getting a bit late and I'm knackered - I'm sure i've missed loads of obvious ones.

Anybody want to add to this list and make me kick myself?!!!

Social source share

I'm always moaning about records fading, it's just a cop out, isn't it. You've gone to the trouble of writing:

intro verse chorus verse chorus middle section verse chorus verse chorus.... and? Why not just write a proper end?! Love a record with a proper stop finish, so much more dynamic and makes changing tempos and styles while deejaying much easier.

couple which spring to mind:

Evie Sands "Picture Me Gone"

Hector Rivera "A Chance For Romance"

Social source share

Two People - Stop Leave My Heart Alone

Royal Five - My Baby Cares For Me

Charles Mann - Hey Little Girl

Freddie Scott - Mr Heartache

King George - I'm Thru' Losin' You

Marty Thompson - Whirlpool

The Deadbeats - No Second Chance

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Hey soul fans,

I'm a newbie so I hope this hasn't been done before.

Now, when I look at my records or think about when I used (I know, I know) to go dancing, 99% or more of them fade out, as did most 2 or 3 minute singles of the 60s and 70s. There are a few significant tracks that don't fade out that I can think of:

Nothing Can Stop Me - Gene Chandler

Come On Train - Don Thomas

Scratchy (!) - Travis Wammack

Night Owl - Bobby Paris - My London reissue comes to a clumsy stop but the original Cameo version fades out

Afternoon Of The Rhino - Mike post Coalition

Now, it's getting a bit late and I'm knackered - I'm sure i've missed loads of obvious ones.

Anybody want to add to this list and make me kick myself?!!!

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Yep - same with slow starters! - I'm thinking Get Out, Beatin' Rhythm, Keep Marchin On (Mockingbirds) - that one takes FOREVER to start.

June Conquest - Almost Persuaded. love it. Can still hear Guy saying - wait for the beat. :thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!