Promoters Booking Events At Other Promoters Venues. Is This Right?

Soulie8

Commenting purely on what I've read in this thread Kev but he clearly "had" an intention of promoting at the venue and only dropped out after your intervention. That's still the point, whether there's a greedy owner, poor promoter or a chancer promoter. He could have said no.

Enjoy another trip to the Etihad!

Please refer to my report posted to Mace earlier tonight........ That's the truth of the situation ...Chris

Social source share

Refer to my content posted to Mace a little earlier ........ That's the truth Steve .. Chris

As I said Chris, only commented on what i read on here and before I read your Facebook post and subsequent comments. A Little knowledge and all that!

Hopefully it's all sorted now!

Regards

Steve

Social source share

Hi Chris my name is vinny by the way not Winnie lol...the proud founder of the box Crewe and was former promoter who did all of the work and booked all the DJs etc and hardly made any money for all this shit not like you greedy big fookers.... :yes:  Now then you have bought my name into this why I wonder....You talk of an ill campaign against you lol you need talk Chris ...you know the truth why I left the box in the conversation we had at my cousins factory colin pulizzi the one who sells tickets for you .... 2 months ago etc as I told you to your face in front of him why I left the box it was regarding something personal... I hope soul stew Jez Jones,s  son in law Paul dale  ... Plus I also hope the other Djs I booked and the people / friends that know the TRUE score come on here and confirm I walked out due to my personal life by which I was totally humiliated by a certain few people the cheating the shite politics and backstabbing which has ruined this scene and made most of us fall out and enemies...so now as for you to put on here that I got KICKED OUT of the box ! Chris is totally out of order ! as well as a total lie and for the record I was asked by the owner of the box Ray brucez to start another Sunday / event on my own with a new team etc 2 days after I WALKED OUT on the Sunday session 3months ago

before you lol ...but I never even replied back to him ... As due to him ray the owner and jez Jones conspiring I would never walk back in the place again regarding issues on who I let in the venue and regarding my personal life as I said before etc ... I'm a believer that the promoter has the right to refuse admission! But moving on  I'm sorry to say even though I will miss it and most of the great crowd that attended from all over the uk...it is a great unique authentic venue  which I am proud of to have found and started....And as for Certain promoters who fookin think they are God and think there event is the greatest in the world way above others with some certain Djs who were no where 5 years ago lol should know better by trying to rubbish the box and another promoter/s venues etc ...well that one word comes to mind and speaks for itself?..but on the positive side lets  just say from now on for me I dictate my own decisions and events on my own with no interference from no one.... With new future events to come :yes: I would also like to add for the record that these certain so called top Djs were wanting to do a spot at the box always and were raving over it always how good it was but were eventually nudged to stop djing for us by a certain top promoter as it was getting very popular but these so called top Djs will never be needed by me again there's loads better out there lol he can keep em and always remember what goes around will always come around ! merry Xmas to all and hopefully peace ..... By the way Chris did a certain Someone tell you about the floral hall in TUNSTALL too that I was going to book it for a Sunday session 7 mths ago before you lol mmmmmmmm I wonder  :thumbup: ... Hope to see you at the cobridge t/a. s o t allnighter sat dec 20th with your flyers :D  ... regards vince

Edited by Guest
Social source share

This is all very distasteful. Out of RESPECT I have refrained from posting on this thread. Its all too easy to get embroiled in a 'feeding frenzy' that can unfortunately cause hurt to peoples feelings AND  be used unscrupulously to further 'agendas' that some may have

From a PERSONAL point of view Chris is held in high esteem by me and many others...because of the 'Hose st' link and that is a nostalgic moment in time that a lot of us of a certain age , have many fond memories

Fast forward to 2014.........oh how those times have changed in the cut throat world of the 'professional promoter and how social media can 'influence'

Myself along with countless others are 'gullty' if thats the correct word, of consistently using it to persuade, cajole, influence people to attend their venue..that said it doesn't need me to tell you...the dangers of how it can have repercussions that go far far beyond.....snipes and jibes aimed at discreditng people..

So Chris has come on here and presented a version of the 'tale' as HE sees it...this can now be read into, disected, analysed, concluded upon etc......which brings me on to my original point...out of RESPECT I have refrained from commenting because 'dirty laundry' as it were should not be aired on a public forum because of the tendency of it to become a trial by internet...

I hope NOT to have to revisit this topic again and again ....I like many many others of you must surely have more pressing matters especially at this time of year with Xmas coming........

What follows will be my 'take' on Chris Burton's posting..Excuse the capIta.ls as I feel to properly reply as it were...my comments need to stand out from the existing text

Hi Mace  good to hear from you. Basically Jez introduced me to the owner the Sunday that the owner kicked Winnie out of THE bOX

WRONG.....FACTUALLY INCORRECT n.b. ANY ISSUES  BETWEEN VINCE,MYSELF AND THE BOX ARE EXACTLY THAT 

and he asked me if I would take the Sunday sessions at The Box

WRONG...FACTUALLY INCORRECT...I DID INTRODUCE CHRIS TO THE VENUE OWNER AFTER CHRIS TOLD ME ABOUT HIS OTHER .VENTURES N TO PROMOTING LIVE 'TRIBUTE' BANDS....THE BOX IS FAMED FOR HOSTING LOTS OF THESE EVENTS AND OUT OF RESPECT TO CHRIS I INTRODUCED HIM TO THE VENUE OWNER WITH SPECIFIC INTENTIONS.THEY EXCHANGED PLEASANTRIES AND CONTACT DETAILS WITH A VIEW TO FURTHERING THEIR LIAISON..AND SHARE EXPERIENCE.. OVER PROMOTING THE LIVE BANDS........END OF

HE CATEGORICALLY DID NOT....ASK CHRIS TO TAKE THE SUNDAY SESSIONS AT THE BOX. AN ODD CLAIM IN ITSELF CONSIDERING THEY HAD ONLY JUST MET..AND THE VENUE OWNER HAS NO IDEA OF NS HISTORY ETC ETC

, I told the owner in front of Jez that I could not be involved

WRONG..FACTUALLY INCORRECT ..REFER TO MY ABOVE RESPONSE

however Jez and I had several discussions ,

WRONG..FACTUALLY INCORRECT...WE HAD ONE DISCUSSION FACE TO FACE...(ALL OTHER SUBSEQUENT CONTACT I'VE HAD WITH CHRIS HAS BEEN VIA TEXT WHICH I STILL RETAIN)

in terms of how we could increase the numbers from the 60 that were attending at that time

WRONG...FACTUALLY INCORRECT...NOW AM I TO TAKE THIS AS A 'ROYAL' WE.......BECAUSE THIS INFERS THAT I AM INCLUDING CHRIS IN FUTURE EXPANSION PLANS...WHEREBY CHRIS CLEARLY STATES IN HIS POSTING LATER ON... I HAD NO INTEREST IN INVOLVING HIM ....I AM TAKEN ABACK BY CHRIS'S ABILITY TO COUNT/JUDGE NUMBERS ATTENDING ON THE DAY...I SUPPOSE THAT COMES WITH EXPERIENCE.....ITS INCORRECT..... AGAIN.....BUT ITS ASTONISHING NONETHELESS

I suggest later on that Saturday All nighters might help to raise the profile of the venue,

CORRECT..ALTHOUGH ITS HARDLY GROUNDBREAKING NEWS...AND CERTAINLY NOT WORTHY OF MENTION IN THIS CONTEXT (HAVING SAID THAT I MAY HAVE RESPONDED ABOUT THE DIFFICULTY IN STAGING AN ALLNIGHTER IN THE CURRENT CLIMATE DUE TO CLASHES )...AS THE BOX HAS RUN SEVERAL ALLNIGHTERS IN THE PAST.

I proposed a deal to Jez

WRONG..FACTUALLY INCORRECT.I SAID IF YOU WANT TO HELP ME PUT A 'SOUL NIGHT' ON HERE  WOULD BE HAPPY TO DISCUSS THAT IN THE NEW YEAR...NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS...A DISCUSSION...CHRIS SEEMED DISINTERESTED AND IT WENT NO FURTHER

and he stated  that he wanted to proceed doing it his way

CORRECT ....AND AT THIS POINT YOU WOULD THINK THAT IS THE END OF THE MATTER

.  Moving on several weeks the owner contacted me to advise me that he had agreed with Jez

CANNOT COMMENT ON THIS...OBVIOUSLY I WASN'T THERE.....ALTHOUGH I HAVE CONTINUALLY EMPHASISED MY COMMITMENT TO THE SUNDAY SESSIONS

that Jez quite rightly wanted to continue with his Sundays

CORRECT..IN 100 PER CENT AGREEMENT

and that he has reached agreement with Jez that I could assist with 2 all- nighters a year

WRONG ..FACTUALLY INCORRECT....AT NO TIME DID I AGREE TO CHRIS ASSISTING ME WITH ANY ALLNIGHTERS...EVER

a position that I thought would work because Jez had agreed

REFER TO MY ABOVE STATEMENT

, I now realise that Jez had not been informed until last Sunday

CORRECT ....AT 5.30PM APPROX DURING A BUSY 2 ROOMED EVENT....I WAS INFORMED BY THE VENUE OWNER THAT CHRIS WAS GOING TO DO 2 ALLNIGHTERS...AND IMPOTRTANTLY EMPHASISED THIS IS ....TBC       AND THAT WE(ME AND HIM) NEED TO DISCUSS ALTERNATIVE DATES...........................THIS IS CENTRAL TO EVERYTHING !! THE MIGHTY WHEELS OF GOLDSOLE PROMOTIONS MOVED SWFTLY INTO PLAY ON SUNDAY AS A NEW PROMOTION OF 2 ALLNIGHTERS (DATES AND EXISTENCE OF......I WAS UNAWARE OF) BECAME INCREASINGLY  A REALITY

SO.....IF CHRIS WAS 'BROUGHT IN TO ASSIST ;LIKE THE TROUBLESHOOTER JOHN HARVEY JONES,  

1) WHY DIN'T CHRIS MAKE CONTACT WITH ME...DID HE NOT THINK HE NEEDED TO....SURELY IF YOU ARE ;BROUGHT IN....THE FIRST ETHICAL THING TO DO IS  CONTACT THE EXISTING ENCUMBENT TO DISCUSS THE FUTURE WAY FORWARD. I HAVE AN AUDIT TRAIL OF TEXTS FROM CHRIS....SADLY GIVING NO INDICATION OF HIS PROMOTIONS

2) I AM AT A LOSS IN TRYING TO UNDERSTAND GOLDSOLE( SHALL COME TO THIS RIGHT AT THE BOTTOM)....... INVOLVEMENT IN ALL THIS...WHO IS/WAS RUNNING THIS..ITS ALL VERY CONFUSUNG....JUST WHO IS THE MAIN STAKEHOLDER IN THIS

3) CHRIS HAS RIGHTLY STATED....I WAS NOT AWARE OF THIS TILL SUNDAY AND BECAUSE OF THIS...IT TRANSPIRES THAT CHRIS HAS RESPECTFULLY DUE TO THE CIRCUMSTANCES REJECTED ANY OFFER 

IS/WAS THIS IN FACT A 'HOSTILE TAKOVER'  ?

, I commenced advertising on facebook yesterday not knowing what had actually happened

CORRECT..CHRIS DID COMMENCE ADVERTISING....HOWEVER CLAIMS OF NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE LEAD UP TO THIS....IS A POOR EXCUSE....AS A PROFESSIONAL PROMOTER ITS YOUR JOB TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT A PLANNED EVENT...INCLUDING PREVIOUS HISTORY AND MORE IMPORTANT;Y THE HUMAN ASPECT.....WHO AM I AFFECTING BY DOING THS...ARE MY ACTIONS GOING TO CAUSE ANYONE ANY PROBLEMS....SURELY  THESE ARE CONSIDERATIONS..........WILL THIS ENHANCE MY BUSINESS....WILL THIS AFFECT OTHER BUSINESSES.... ETC ETC

, when I was aware of what had happed I immediately withdrew

CORRECT

my advertising, cancelled the flyers and tickets for March 14th

WHAT?...A DIRECT QUESTION TO CHRIS.........WAS THIS DONE PRIOR TO ANY SO CALLED AGREEMENT??.....SURELY NOT 

and informed the owner that I could not be involved due to the circumstances that had presented them selves

SO AGAIN A QUESTION TO CHRIS...CAN YOU CONFIRM THAT THE PLANNED MEETING YOU HAVE WITH THE VENUE OWNER TODAY...WILL NO  LONGER TAKE PLACE

The owner had confirmed all the key points I have referred to me in writing 

I CAN'T COMMENT....I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF ANY CONTRACTUAL OR OTHERWISE... AGREEMENTS YOU HAVE RECIEVED

and if this  ill informed campaign against me does not stop I will take the legal action to stop it.

I have done my very best within the soul scene for over 40 years and 

my reputation is still very important to me and thanks to the support given to me I hope to continue to do so for a few more years 

THAT GOES WITHOUT SAYING..AS IS MINE

Now I said I would get back to goldsole at the bottom

Firstly Golden 101...who is this?

Are you a representative of goldsole promotions ?

Are you in fact Kev Roberts ? i found all this pseudonym nonsense very silly ?

If you are in fact Kev Roberts...then take heed

This is a thread of a very sensitive nature and as Chris rightly states reputations can be harmed and irreperrable 'collateral' human costs are at risk

I find you're flippant and almost blase comments are at best inflaming a sensitive subject..and at worst a thinly veiled personal attack on me and valued friends of mine. Ether way you clearly have no constructive part to play in this debate

So can I respectfully ask you to stop now.....you are becoming tiresome

..and the random rantings of an AGEING IMPRESSARIO.  is surely an image you dont want to cultivate

I can do no more but wait.............

Can I just say a BIG thanks to all the messages of support I've received from all the  promoters, who have similar tales to tell of bully boy tactics and underhand dealngs( keep strong you lot.....you can shape the future of the scene YOUR EVENTS ARE IMPORTANT TO US...THE SCENE NEEDS YOU),.........and from the many decent and honest soulies out there who are week in week out supporting venues and events.... enjoying the scene, never involving themselves in stupid and destructive politics  and underpininng what is a great scene... BE THE BEST YOU CAN

...Be honest with people and show respect ...they tend to like it

What a pile of absolute tosh! The owner wanted Chris in and clearly told him so. You were on your bike yesterday and it's me that saved you!

Mr Nice guy eh? Remember starting up dozy promotions across the road from the Kings Hall and calling it 'Change' then going onto clash with us several times with a variety of bits n bobs in the Staffs/Cheshire area. At least Vin tells it like it is instead of shielding himself with a few supporters while you revel in tea and sympathy. I'm not buying your act..... end of.

Social source share

As for Change wasn't this a free promotion to give people somewhere to go before the Kings hall opened it's doors, something you must have thought was a good idea because you.ve now started your own around the corner.

Where in any of his advertising did he say it was warm up for the Kings Hall Stoke All Nighter? And what does Change mean? I take it as 'two fingers up' to a prominent All Nighter.

Social source share

Then stop commenting on something you know f*** all about. I said 24 hours ago that Chris Burton has no intention of promoting The Box, even though the owner is still trying to get him in. What does that say about the current promoter.

FFS!

It says the venue owner is a money grabber, pretty much like Chris Burton and yourself, OK, ban me from any of your venues, I wouldn't give a toss, not even with Benalmadena just up the road from me.

Social source share

Absolutely right. Do you want to get back to The Box offering the venue to Chris Burton with Jez Jones being shunted out the door and me urging Chris to pull away and leave em to it?

Well as Chris has said he was asked to ASSIST not offered the Box

Social source share

Kev, you can't honestly tell me that you thought Change was put on to compete with KH?

It was a tiny room above a pub that was already packed out with soulies waiting to go into KH and gave them something to listen to till the entrance queues quietened down after the initial opening?

It was a free event that everybody viewed as a warm up to KH....?

You really do seem to have a major case of paranoia!

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Kev, you can't honestly tell me that you thought Change was put on to compete with KH?

It was a tiny room above a pub that was already packed out with soulies waiting to go into KH and gave them something to listen to till the entrance queues quietened down after the initial opening?

It was a free event that everybody viewed as a warm up to KH....?

You really do seem to have a major case of paranoia!

Of course it's no competition, it's just the way he went about it. Grabbing a venue 20 yds from the Kings while never even contacting me.

And of course he's 'doing it for the love of the scene'......if that's the case, why not do something similar in a different town and on a night we are not on. 

The Kings were furious as they want folks out of the cold and in their building as soon as. Weatherspoons alone are a constant threat

Mace.......I have a different view(and so do colleagues) of mine on the promoter in question

. Best we agree to disagree.

To close, although I think it will continue on and on......The Box was offered to another promoter by the owner. Shouldn't Jez Jones be taking up his dismay with him?

instead of singling out others who have made it clear THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THE VENUE.

Edited by The Golden 101
Social source share

It's a sorry saga of a thread but I think it is actually a good thing that this sort of wrangling gets out into public view every so often as it shows to those that just attend venues they like and enjoy the music they like what actually goes on behind the scenes.

Normally you only hear about the shittier side of Northern Soul by word of mouth and rumour.

What a sorry business. Don't care who's right or wrong.

Wise words Paul which struck a chord with lots on here I guess.
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Of course it's no competition, it's just the way he went about it. Grabbing a venue 20 yds from the Kings while never even contacting me.

And of course he's 'doing it for the love of the scene'......if that's the case, why not do something similar in a different town and on a night we are not on.

The Kings were furious as they want folks out of the cold and in their building as soon as. Weatherspoons alone are a constant threat

Mace.......I have a different view(and so do colleagues) of mine on the promoter in question

. Best we agree to disagree.

To close, although I think it will continue on and on......The Box was offered to another promoter by the owner. Shouldn't Jez Jones be taking up his dismay with him?

instead of singling out others who have made it clear THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THE VENUE.

Well, they might want people in as soon as possible to take up the bar takings but you can't enforce that Kev....the pub they used for Change would be packed to the gunnels til 10 anyway cus they do some great real ales, and if the truth be told, the time I attended Change it was pretty much empty come 10pm if not earlier....Beggsy and I have usually left and got to the Windsor room as it was opening (10pm)

You can't have it all Kev, much as you'd like.....and as you get more than most Id be pretty happy with my lot if I were you.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

Great reading, you oldies dinosaurs squabbling over who gets to play their re issues at the next big Butlins event is much better than what's on TV any day, keep on keeping on moaning. ;-)

they are probably raining teardrops !!!

Social source share

Well, they might want people in as soon as possible to take up the bar takings but you can't enforce that Kev....the pub they used for Change would be packed to the gunnels til 10 anyway cus they do some great real ales, and if the truth be told, the time I attended Change it was pretty much empty come 10pm if not earlier....Beggsy and I have usually left and got to the Windsor room as it was opening (10pm)

You can't have it all Kev, much as you'd like.....and as you get more than most Id be pretty happy with my lot if I were you.

Mace...I am happy and I have no intention of wanting it all. I give encouragement to promoters who ask for help. I plug gigs(including yours) on the radio to ones that don't even bother to advise me.

I am aggravated over certain issues here. Peace.

Social source share

Btw I am Spartacus... :thumbsup:

My 2d worth, thank you to Mike allowing all parties concerned to put their point a view over in a non-agressive way, Interesting thread imo.

Jez is a good friend of mine and I will always support him (that's what friend do) however whats goes on at the Box is f*ck all to do with me  this is between Mr Burton, Mr Jones and Mr Box. Maybe a meet up at the Box over a glass of malt could be an option.

Ive just had to deal with a similar thing in these part venue takeovers, we dealt with it i a diffo way  :shhh:

Lifes to short guys, remember ...

Life is just a precious minute baby

Open up your eyes and see it baby

Give yourself a better chance

Because time will pass you right on by

It's probably knack all to do with most of us, but the original poster decided to air it on a public forum.  Don't know if he did it off his own back, but the moment he posted it he invited all and sundry to comment.

PS I'm not Spartacus either.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Btw I am Spartacus... :thumbsup:

My 2d worth, thank you to Mike allowing all parties concerned to put their point a view over in a non-agressive way, Interesting thread imo.

Jez is a good friend of mine and I will always support him (that's what friend do) however whats goes on at the Box is f*ck all to do with me this is between Mr Burton, Mr Jones and Mr Box. Maybe a meet up at the Box over a glass of malt could be an option.

Ive just had to deal with a similar thing in these part venue takeovers, we dealt with it i a diffo way :shhh:

Lifes to short guys, remember ...

Life is just a precious minute baby

Open up your eyes and see it baby

Give yourself a better chance

[/

Because time will pass you right on by

Brings a tear to your eye those lyrics.

Well said Paul.

Social source share

Hi all, this is Paul Dale as mentioned in Vinny's earlier post and as I've been mentioned and due to the fact that I have also been involved with DJ'ing at the Box over the past few months I felt obliged to make comment, so here goes:-

Firstly, I can confirm that it was Vinny's own decision to leave the Box, I was there and doing a DJ spot at the the time of his departure,  Vinny came on stage to collect his records  we had brief chat and he explained his personal reasons for leaving the event, he was definitely not kicked out of the venue in anyway, shape or form, it was purely his decision to leave on the day and that was Vinny's choice!

Secondly, I was also there on the Sunday afternoon that Chris B visited the venue and from what I saw he certainly seemed receive a warm welcome and due respect from everyone that was in the event on that afternoon. However, as I have not been involved with any of the direct discussions that have taken place with Chris, Jez or the venue owner  then I'm not really in a position to comment on any of those conversations or issues.

Thirdly, I would like to say that in my opinion the Box is a really good venue and one that is really well suited to host Northern Soul sessions, it has the look and feel of true music venue with a superb sound system and a decent dance floor as well. There are now two rooms in operation and also let's not forget that there are also a lot of loyal supporters who turn up to the event every month so it must be doing something right!. There are a lots of positive points about this venue and i feel that these need to be mentioned as most of the other comments on here seem to be on the negative side which i just cannot understand why this should be. 

Finally, can i just say that this is still a great scene to be part of and one that has truly stood the test of time, let's try and get back to the positive side of things and forget all of the negatives! 

Social source share

I just try to enjoy the music, not worth getting involved with all the politics. I have been into the scene for about 6 years now and have loved every minute of hearing new sounds day in, day out. Certainly a country mile ahead of any other genre imho. But unfortunately it seems to be a very bitter scene when you read threads like this. As Paul Donnelly states"Life is just a precious moment and time WILL pass you by".

Edited by Soul Stew
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Well said Paul. This stuff is going on all the time believe me. At one time I was more or less told to change my dates because my nighter was on the same weekend as another that was 120 miles away. Mine was on a Friday night theirs was on the Saturday. I kid you not. And I bloody did it, because if you offend some of these people, they will set everyone against you. 

I would never promote anything on this scene again. The bitterness and hatred that exists is beyond belief.

It all boils down to stress levels Phil, you did a good job at Burnley, credit for that.... But look at Sean, he's taken the Kestrel on and also

runs the nighter at Wallsall, maybe the key is (like Sean has) a good back up team

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It all boils down to stress levels Phil, you did a good job at Burnley, credit for that.... But look at Sean, he's taken the Kestrel on and also

runs the nighter at Wallsall, maybe the key is (like Sean has) a good back up team

It's got nothing to do with stress levels Neil. I wouldn't let the wannabe Dj's on at Burnley. And there was non of this you Dj at mine, and I'll Dj at yours b*llocks. That's why a lot of people wouldn't come to my nighters. They knew they wouldn't get a spot, simple as that. Sean has joined the DJ circus, good luck to him. 

No disrespect to Sean, but he isn't running it every month like I was. And when I went the other month it was nothing like when I ran it. ie. no record sales area set out with lighting and power supplies, very few tables and chairs, and the sound system was terrible. He is also in a much better financial position than I will ever be.

If Chris Burton is The Torch, then I am Burnley. What's there now is a pale imitation of what it was.

Edited by pikeys dog
swearing - work filters
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

It's got nothing to do with stress levels Neil. I wouldn't let the wannabe Dj's on at Burnley. And there was non of this you Dj at mine, and I'll Dj at yours b*llocks. That's why a lot of people wouldn't come to my nighters. They knew they wouldn't get a spot, simple as that. Sean has joined the DJ circus, good luck to him. 

No disrespect to Sean, but he isn't running it every month like I was. And when I went the other month it was nothing like when I ran it. ie. no record sales area set out with lighting and power supplies, very few tables and chairs, and the sound system was terrible. He is also in a much better financial position than I will ever be.

If Chris Burton is The Torch, then I am Burnley. What's there now is a pale imitation of what it was. Without Cliff Camfield and Karl Heard, it's just another four times a year nighter.

Edited by pikeys dog
swearing - work filters
Social source share

How does a venue 137 miles away effect Chris Watermans excellent promotion

Because for allniters people tend to travel a longer distance,especially when a live act is on as Radcliffe was promoting on that night.

It's a big gamble putting a US act and the ones who do it tend to do it for the love of the scene and hopefully break even whilst giving their event a higher profile.

Social source share

If Chris Burton is The Torch, then I am Burnley. What's there now is a pale imitation of what it was.

Phil, as you know i went regularly to your nighter, they were great nights but i have to be honest and say the present set-up and enjoyment factor

is equally as good (imo)... yours was packed Seans gets packed... they must be doing something right.

As far as record sales go you are right that it isn't as great as it was.... but neither is 100 club or Radcliffe (for whatever reasons).

I don't know the in's and out's of the promoting side ( have done it with 3 others in the 80's & 90's) i would hate to be involved with animosity'

i guess you have to be thick skinned also.

Be cheerful Phil and enjoy Christmas.

ATB, Neil

Edited by pikeys dog
swearing - work filters
Social source share