SOULSOURCE RECORD CLUB 2016, YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT?

dthedrug

17 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

Never really noticed before, but here we have Z.Z. Hill doing his very best Johnnie Taylor Impersonation.

Kegsy

If memory serves me right it has the brilliant "Where She Att" on the other side...........strangely enough my memory has let me down in the past so don't put your house on it but I can be arsed to go upstairs to check :lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

14 minutes ago, hullsoul said:

Kegsy

If memory serves me right it has the brilliant "Where She Att" on the other side...........strangely enough my memory has let me down in the past so don't put your house on it but I can be arsed to go upstairs to check :lol:

Indeed it does.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Boogaloo Assassins latest, in demand, 45 'one and only'  is currently setting the dance floor alight and already sold out almost everywhere .

Missed  by many is their original 2013 45,  'no no no' (then reissued in 2015). Understand there was also a Japanese release with different flip in 2014 . 

Edited by andybellwood
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Bought two yesterday arrived today, nice!

Off bri phill's list of Detroit I saw a record he said was underrated and if so it's a shame (ignoring the fact it's LA :g::D), it was new to me for certain. Larks Philly Dog. Very happy with his recommendation.

Also a copy of the Moments Don't Take Your Love From Me from Rob on the Atlantic distributed Hit issue after they picked it up. Is it Soul, is it Rock and Roll, is it a bird is it a plane. Dunno but it's fantastic to these ears.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

2 minutes ago, andybellwood said:

Having a bit of a tidy up and putting a few forgotten (by me) ones into the play box including this one ...

Ola V Harper 'I wanna weep'

Andy

Great double-sider,if I play it out I tend to play t'other side.

Ola V Harper-Resisting Jewel

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 12 May 2016 at 16:12, Kev John said:

Just found another copy of this nice Xover tune crate diggin' today  still cheap on discogs !:wink:

The Blendelles - La La, The Magic Song - Jotee 

Hope you like it :)

atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Nice ..and not to be confused with this great 'mod' tune 

18 minutes ago, hullsoul said:

Another that's been added recently.............

Pace-Setters - Push On Jessie Jackson  Kent

Seems to be taking off in in popularity as have heard it played out recently and in 'wants' but not for me ...

Social source share

On 5 June 2016 at 03:54, Andy Reynard said:

I cannot stress enough, just how soulful

this tune is to me

I have posted it a few times over the years, twice lately I heard it played out to my surprise I saw a dj b inundated with who what's that in a good way here ya go

Lovely record - must get one.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 05/06/2016 at 03:54, Andy Reynard said:

I cannot stress enough, just how soulful

this tune is to me

I have posted it a few times over the years, twice lately I heard it played out to my surprise I saw a dj b inundated with who what's that in a good way here ya go

Andy

Totally agree with you, this is SUBLIME. I first heard it on a CD from Steve Edgar years back and listened to it in the car on a long road trip to the North of Scotland. When this track came on i played it over about 6 times in a row, stunning tune!

gary

• Helpful 1
Social source share

just sorting out the play boxes for a busy weekend and in goes this one ...

Sugarpie Desanto 'be happy' 

On 14 June 2016 at 20:41, gogger said:

jackie wilson and count basie , funky broadway , brunswick records ,  soul perfection meets big band 

Love it ! 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi All,  Love that Sugar Pie 45, got mine from Butch a few years back, not to be to negative about posting your pick of the day from your collection, the idea for the club is you must own the record you pick to play... it must be the original release as far as you are aware,   if you are DJing at the weekend there maybe a case after the gig to post 1or 2 45s that filled the floor, or even your disappointment that a good 45 cleared the floor?. also the record club is not a forum to advertise a venue that you run or going to be guesting at, there is another forum to do this, the same applies to record sales, DEM DA RULES?

As I have not put much up recently? I thought I would share a very rare UK 45 that I was unaware of until about 2 years ago, and in true collector spirit, I just had to have it, as far as I'm aware only a small handful of collectors have a copy, although it can be obtained as a import,

The record is on UK ACE Records by Johnny Braff and the Aces, recorded in Barbados,

It for me now that I have a copy is my record of the 1st 6 months, I have posted it on facebook however I will have to post it up later? KTF Dave K.

my copyjohnny braff ace records.jpgjohnny braff uk.jpgjohnny praff.jpg 

Edited by dthedrug
to put record sample into post?
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Hi All Looking through one of my boxes, this morning I found this excellent 2 sider by Willie & hand jives, Gotta find me a new love, as this thread has got slow, really slow to load I will start a new thread ASAP. It's a shame that there have been way below the average postings this year, I for one have neglected the thread, but I wll end ever to improve KTF Dave K

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Just pulled this off a list. I remember reading somewhere years ago, Blues and Soul perhaps, about The Platters 65 so when I saw this gave it a listen then bought. Can't find any info about the label. I pull my info from the Web but can find nothing on the label and a brief look has not yielded any info about a recording industry in Las Vegas at the time. So owt yer knows would be welcome.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

On 08/07/2016 at 11:09, jam66 said:

Just pulled this off a list. I remember reading somewhere years ago, Blues and Soul perhaps, about The Platters 65 so when I saw this gave it a listen then bought. Can't find any info about the label. I pull my info from the Web but can find nothing on the label and a brief look has not yielded any info about a recording industry in Las Vegas at the time. So owt yer knows would be welcome.

Had mine years & I'm sure I was told it was something to do with a former member of the "real" Platter not been able to use the proper name so just stuck 65 at the end of his new group??I'm sure there's another big tune on the label but can't think??

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!