Tv - Must Watch Shows

Mike

A fabulous documentary on Netflix called "Making a murderer" that follows the unjust IMO arrest of Steve Avery.

It shows how the corrupt Mantovoc County sheriffs department hid evidence, a proper stich up.

I've thoroughly enjoyed all of the Gomorrah the series. I've just 3 more episodes to go of the final season 5, so that will be my late night entertainment for the next 3 nights.

Social source share

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, Mike said:

I just finished the series the other night, my verdict was 'most enjoyable'

looking for next show

any new 'must watch' recommendations out there?

Mike, I'm halfway through season 2 of FROM described as Science Fiction Horror by the makers. I was late catching on with this series. Some really interesting characters and really good monsters. A big thumbs up FROM me😃  There's a 3rd season planned.

I've recently purchased 4 seasons of BANSHEE on DVD, fantastic entertainment.

And I've picked up a copy of THE NIGHT OF on DVD  starring John Turturro & Riz Ahmed,

an excellent thriller, 8 episodes in all

Top Boy is on my must watch list.

Edited by Jessie Pinkman
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Jessie Pinkman said:

Mike, I'm halfway through season 2 of FROM described as Science Fiction Horror by the makers. I was late catching on with this series. Some really interesting characters and really good monsters. A big thumbs up FROM me😃  There's a 3rd season planned.

will have a look, sounds promising

I've recently purchased 4 seasons of BANSHEE on DVD, fantastic entertainment.

And I've picked up a copy of THE NIGHT OF on DVD  starring John Turturro & Riz Ahmed,

saw that a bit back, sucks you in, a great mini-series

an excellent thriller, 8 episodes in all

Top Boy is on my must watch list.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

This week I've been mostly watching:

Code of a Killer - 2015

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3847626/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_8_nm_0_q_code%20of%20a

Alec Jeffreys used to be one of my lecturers on genetics. Outside his lab there was a pin board with requests for help that he's new 'DNA'  work might solve; a chap from the USA sent one solitary hair asking if he was related to the Royal Family.

why Professor Sir Alec never got the Nobel Prize is a travesty IMHO.

Jesse

Social source share

This week I've been mostly watching:

Crime

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12759778/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_1_tt_7_nm_0_q_crime

1 is better than 2 IMO.

Still, like Stephan Graham, anything with Dougray Scott is worth a watch. (Ken Stott too, so isn't going to be bad) He's from Glenrothes where they had a few of those Northern Soul nights, I believe?

Jesse

Edited by Simon T
Social source share

17 minutes ago, Woodbutcher said:

Just binged on "The Long Shadow" about the Yorkshire Ripper , very well done by a great cast and the entire contents of ITV's wig collection.

I was just about to offer that one up. Very good for the fact that it was about the 'people', not the gory details. I found the last 20 minutes is a little hard to watch, shall i kick the screen or have a good bloob, i did both? £40,000, what a ****!

Edited by Simon T
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

16 minutes ago, Simon T said:

I was just about to offer that one up. Very good for the fact that it was about the 'people', not the gory details. I found the last 20 minutes is a little hard to watch, shall i kick the screen or have a good bloob, i did both? £40,000, what a ****!

I really want to watch that but am struggling to watch any TV at the moment. Hope they keep it on the player for a few weeks

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

4 minutes ago, Mal C said:

Might be a bit late, but we just finished Yellowstone on Netflix. well series 1-5, ep 8, there are two they don’t have on Netflix, which was a bit crap.  Really well written Characters, well worth a binge watch if you haven’t seen it.

Check out the two very good prequel series "1893" and "1923" as well ... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Dark Hearts (BBC 4 and I Player) French series set in Iraq during peak Isis. It's a grower and very suspenseful

14 hours ago, Jessie Pinkman said:

I've just watched the 1st episode and I really enjoyed it.

I've just finished watching Dark Hearts - it ends on a cliffhanger so I hope there's a sequel! Watching Warriors now on BBC Iplayer. That's another good one - British troops in Bosnia working with NATO. Well worth watching.

Social source share

20 minutes ago, Kathryn Magson said:

Dark Hearts (BBC 4 and I Player) French series set in Iraq during peak Isis. It's a grower and very suspenseful

I've just finished watching Dark Hearts - it ends on a cliffhanger so I hope there's a sequel! Watching Warriors now on BBC Iplayer. That's another good one - British troops in Bosnia working with NATO. Well worth watching.

So Kathryn that's another one on the list after Kin, Mike's recommendation. I'm also juggling the new series of Fargo and The Godfather of Harlem, no wonder I've been staying in at the weekends. 😀

Edited by Jessie Pinkman
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/11/2023 at 20:12, Mal C said:

will do, they look great as well. Thats me till after Christmas then!

1893 easily the best.  For me one of, if not the, best series shows ever.

On 21/12/2023 at 10:12, Dave Morris said:

Season 2 of Reacher on Prime. Also 24 Hours in Poilce Custody. I can't believe people think that keep saying "No Comment" will get them off. This weeks one was quite harrowing.

Reacher very good, it is much better than the films they made.  Far more like the books.

Social source share

Also 24 Hours in Poilce Custody

This weeks one was quite harrowing.

It was, along with the no comment the way they let them go into the interviews with blankets wrapped around them, feign falling asleep, deny that the person shown to them on video is clearly them shows the level of society they have to deal with. The one the other week where the mother had driven the murderers to the scene and back and denied knowing her own son was unbelievable, her a social worker too.

I looked into the reasons behind the "no comment" interview  and although I now understand why it is used the amount of police time it wastes when the evidence is there of their guilt should be reflected in the sentence when found guilty.If criminals knew they would get say an extra six months on their sentence after giving a no comment maybe they would think twice. I realise the law is far more complex than we as laymen possibly understand but watching programmes like 24 Hours gives me the impression that often  criminals have too many rights and the sentence doesn't always fit the crime.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

We just caught the first new episode of the Apple tv series 'Criminal Talk', a uk based series and so far am most impressed, straight on the watch list

'The Traitor' new series is again an enjoyable watch for me, though I do blank out the 'games' 

Enjoying 1893 after a recommendation on here

Thought Mayor of Kingston was a bit too grim and sacked it after 1 or 2  episodes

Social source share

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

We just caught the first new episode of the Apple tv series 'Criminal Talk', a uk based series and so far am most impressed, straight on the watch list

'The Traitor' new series is again an enjoyable watch for me, though I do blank out the 'games' 

Enjoying 1893 after a recommendation on here

Thought Mayor of Kingston was a bit too grim and sacked it after 1 or 2  episodes

"Criminal Record" ... :thumbsup:

Half way through episode two but struggling to stay awake tbh ... :sleep3:

Social source share

Finished watching Fool Me Once on Netflix at the weekend , it was ok , too many  "would you do that moments" for me. At one point  before the detective descends the cellar steps I found myself shouting at the Tv "the fffing light switch is right in front of you" but no, as usual in these things  out comes what appears to be the Tv detectives essential piece of kit  the torch. 

Social source share

On 11/01/2024 at 12:26, Woodbutcher said:

"Criminal Record" ... :thumbsup:

Half way through episode two but struggling to stay awake tbh ... :sleep3:

Watched episode  2 now, still intrigued to see the 'down fall', but 8 episodes at this pace will be to tedious I fear.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Just finished the first series of Crime - a Simon tip. I really enjoyed this, gets better episode by episode, lots of stuff happening and some great performances from the cast. Recommended. 

Peter

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

On 16/01/2024 at 14:47, Simon T said:

Watched episode  2 now, still intrigued to see the 'down fall', but 8 episodes at this pace will be to tedious I fear.

watched episode and have decided to call it a day - utter twaddle.

every other scene has more holes than a sieve e.g. the prison visit:

In England and Wales a visiting order or 'VO' is a form completed by the prisoner and sent to the person/s he or she wishes to visit them in prison.

What is a vo prison?

For a visit to be arranged, the visitor must be in receipt of a Visiting Order (commonly known as a VO), which will have been sent in the post by the prisoner. A VO is a form which a prisoner must complete in order for a visit to take place.

The person seeking to visit must first receive a visiting order ‘VO’ which is completed by the prisoner and sent to them. This will state the name and address of those visiting, and a unique reference number to be used when booking the prison visit.

Social source share

just watching the tunnel through to the end (so far?) of series 3 brilliant but she is one weirdo especially in the bedroom department well worth the watch and started to watch the vera not happy with her male partner that was new part but more to the plot 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!