Rare Lp Tracks

Mick Sway

Sorry for the shameless plug but the RHETTA HUGHES album Re-Light My Fire contained two essential club soul tracks, 'Cry Myself To Sleep' and the Motown-flavoured 'Giving Up My Heartaches', produced by Jo Armstead and Mike Terry and recorded in 1969 at Terra Shirma in Detroit.

On March 28th they were released as a 7" single on Shotgun SHOT 107.

It's been our fastest seller so far. The first batch sold out within ten days but a second batch will be available from Wednesday...

post-3850-0-01495300-1302449928_thumb.jp

Edited by Paul
Social source share

Most definately on th UK DJM issue from 1979 Philippe - last track side one .

What label is the 1982 'Purified' that you have on ?

It's on US Priority, the same as on the pictures above.

Does the DJM pressing have the same track-listing or is it totally dfferent ?

Social source share

Philippe, Ben Moore had two LPs called Purified and the tracks on them are nothing alike.

The other Purified with I Got A Winner In You was on DJM in the UK and was also released in Brazil on the Young label and was also released under the title Slow Dancin on Roadshow in the States. All very confusing :o)

The one on Priority is a very Gospel album isn't it

Edited by richard
Social source share

Thanks Richard, that's what I thought.

But I didn't know that the English "Purified " was the "US "Slow dancin". I had this LP in the past but I didn't keep it.

Yes, the US "Purified" is gospel but only the lyrics. The music is 80's quality Soul.

You can get an idea on this link : https://www.cdandlp.com/item/1/0-220206-0-1-0/113737144/ben-moore-purified.html

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

I HEARD A TRACK ON CD, NEVER SEEN IT ANYWHERE SINCE, THE FOUR TOPS......ONE LAST LOOK, I THINK. ANYONE KNOW THIS

Social source share

unless i'm blind haven't seen these mentioned LEE MCDONALD LET'S PLAY LUCK DEBBIE MAIN INGREDIENT HAVE YOU EVER TRIED IT RCA
SYDNEY JOE QUALLS THE NEXT TIME I FALL IN LOVE DAKAR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp-o6wWMpBY INDEPENDENTS LUCKY FELLOW WAND/PYE UK
3 PIECES I NEED YOU GIRL FANTASY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5iiOQ67h0g DOROTHY MOORE WHAT AM I TO DO MALACO (SAME AS RALPH GRAHAM ON RCA)
CHARLIE RICH DON'T TEAR ME DOWN HI
BETTY EVERETT YOUR FALING IN LOVE UNI
BROTHERS BY CHOICE GIRL I NEED YOU TO ALA
BUDDY MILES GOTTA FIND MS RIGHT CBS
GLADYS KNIGHT THE STRANGER
THERE ALSO THE 2 TRACKS FROM THE CHUCK JACKSON TEARS KEEP FALLING FROM MY HEART THE TITLES ESCAPE ME FOR THE MOMENT incidentally i have all the above lps for sale except the chuck jackson as i am selling my collection soory couldnt find sound clip for lee mcdonald and its superb
wake up Tubbs - Three pieces was released on 45 both in US & UK Edited by Ernie Andrews
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest TrimmTrab

Brief Encounter- We came to play for you (couldn't find a YT clip so I'll put mine up there when I get ten mins). LP of the same name goes for around 400 sheets

Michael Cloud - Check your direction (although did get a 45 release)

Best of Both Worlds - Lost in a shuffle of love

City Limits - Words without love (not exactly expensive at around a score but you hardly ever see it)

Round Trip - You and Me (again 30-50 quid but not exactly everywhere)

Dysons Faces - Welcome to all this love again

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 1 year later...

Not just great. F*ckin' BRILLIANT! Perfect uptempo Soul music!

Spanky Wilson "Easy Lover"

Ian D :D

I know you're knocking on a bit Ian but uptempo! A floater surely!

Some nice ballads on the lp too, to calm you down a bit if that's a bit fast :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest ruffsounds

Heres one from Stevie Wonders -My Cherie Amour Album that i think deserves a mention.

cheers Ralph

Edited by ruffsounds
Social source share

Chuck Jackson - Aint no sun since you`ve been gone (awesome tune, the best version by a country mile!!)

Marvelettes - Your love can save me (massive early Wigan spin just waiting to be reactivated))

Velvelettes - These things will keep me loving you (alternate vocal mix, put on early run of Chartbusters Vol 6)

Donald Austin - You want it you got it (Instrumental of Detroit Emeralds)

wink.gif

Ive got the chuck jackson on a tamla motown 7inch Steve :wink:

Social source share

Ive got the chuck jackson on a tamla motown 7inch Steve :wink:

Must be a French/Spanish/Swedish/Martian/Foreign one Tim?

Having said its the best version, since I posted the above ive got an album with Dusty`s (Album Only :yes: ) version and that`s awesome too!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Is that Dusty LP really NZ/OZ only? I wouldn't have guessed that.

I had it filed for ages just for that first track pretty much but decided life is too short to worry about one track LPs which are otherwise weak so I just threw it in the bin. John Paul Jones from Led Zep did the arrangements if I remember right?

Social source share

Did a name check on this thread and it returned negative so I'm gonna give a big shout out for The California Playboys "Trying to become a Millionaire" on Loadstone.

What a cracking album only 6 tracks but if my memory served me right Butch or Sam used to fill the floor with the title track. I still love it to this day 5.48 minutes of quality soul dance heaven. Spun it a few times over the years while out but never had the same effect.

Check out Double Love and "she's a real sweet woman " too name a couple more tracks. A quality soul album with rarity thrown in. It's never turned up in quantity or even handfuls,but the title track is a killer.

TMIB

Edited by reforee
Social source share

Is that Dusty LP really NZ/OZ only? I wouldn't have guessed that.

I had it filed for ages just for that first track pretty much but decided life is too short to worry about one track LPs which are otherwise weak so I just threw it in the bin. John Paul Jones from Led Zep did the arrangements if I remember right?

I was led to believe it was but im with you thought-wise Kris, would like to know for sure.
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!