Guilty Pleasures

Guest soulboy1965

Guest Matt Male

Peggy March - If You Loved Me and about to bid on Raymond Lefevre - Soul Coaxing. Can't help it - I love them both :wink:

Half of the records on the 'which track do you dislike most' thread. If I had to pick one, Barnaby Bye.

Social source share

Always loved JJ Barnes How Long, remember, writing a request to get it played by a dj, think he was called Nick Cowan on local Radio (Lancashire or Merseyside can't remember) he had a 10 minutes slot in the evening midweek, must have been the first northern radio slot ever, circa 77ish. Anyway he played it, I was a spotty teen & made up.

Social source share

I do love Peggy March, but think my 2 guilty pleasures are:

Love Where Have You Gone - Gaylord and Holliday

Give Me The Love - Roger K

Edited by MrC
Social source share

BASED ON THE OTHER TOPIC...WAS WONDERING WHAT NORTHERN/XOVER/MODERN TUNES DO YOU LOVE,BUT WONT USUALLY ADMIT TO, TILL NOW!..SONGS THAT YOU LOVE,BUT EVERYONE ELSE THINKS THEY ARE SHIT!

FOR ME....ITS

LENNY GAMBLE-ANYTHING SHE WANTS...AKA TONY BLACKBURN

RAL DONNER-DONT LET IT SLIP AWAY

ESPERANTO - INSTRUMENTAL

GARY LEWIS & PLAYBOYS-MY HEARTS SYMPHONY

NOW COME ON DONT BE SHY...SPILL THE BEANS!!!!!

Social source share

• 8 months later...

Cant help myself.....just love this record, takes me back to a time when I knew fook all & just wanted to dance....it aint SOUL, but it sure is Northern Soul, just love them breaks & the orchestration & can hear the hand claps now & the anticipation whilst dancing, winding up for that monster break whoooooosh !!!.

Whats your guilty pleasure of a tune ?.

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

Hi Russ,

Two for me if that's ok and 'up yours' to all that gave me stick all weekend at Cleethorpes when I bought Mainchange all those years ago! (Everyone that entered our caravan had to listen to it and give their honest opinion before entering!) lol

Both tunes are my earliest memories of Northern Soul All-nighters - Rob Smith playing Mainchange at Leicester and 'not sure who' playing Gypsy - Drywell at The Fleet Peterborough - Both shouldn't work...But they do for me god damn it!

All the best,

Len.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-9XhOF0TBY

Edited by LEN
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Cant help myself.....just love this record, takes me back to a time when I knew fook all & just wanted to dance....it aint SOUL, but it sure is Northern Soul, just love them breaks & the orchestration & can hear the hand claps now & the anticipation whilst dancing, winding up for that monster break whoooooosh !!!.

Whats your guilty pleasure of a tune ?.

Love it - and perfectly described sir!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I would have loved to have seen you 'at your prime', 'Shaking a hoof' to thisun Russ! lol - I thought you were the 'bees knees' at The 100 Club, can't imagine you in the 70's! - Great stuff! :thumbup:

Len :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Can you 'Merge' the threads Chalky? I think sometimes it just depends what mood everyone's in!

Is this the 3rd try at 'Guilty pleasures?...I can't believe I'm on a 'Boot' thread - Nice one Russ! :g::lol:

Len.

Edited by LEN
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I would have loved to have seen you 'at your prime', 'Shaking a hoof' to thisun Russ! lol - I thought you were the 'bees knees' at The 100 Club, can't imagine you in the 70's! - Great stuff! :thumbup:

Seems like another world now Len :D ....always loved dancin' & always will.....

Russ

Social source share

Much to the amusement of my friends I love this, makes me feel happy! :D

YOUR ALWAYS HAPPY GOD DAMN IT! :D

....Great tune though - Absolutelly fantastic to 'give it some' to! :thumbsup:

All the best,

Len.

Edited by LEN
Social source share

Wouldn't it be great to have a 'Guilty pleasures' event? As long as all D.J's didn't 'crumble' and they stuck to the script! :D (I couldn't find the 'Cheese' icon, it would have been the first time I'd ever used it! Oh well)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Takes me back to the mighty Dome !!!

Russ

Awful record!....What a great record to dance to?!!! lol :huh::rofl::D

Len.

P.s - Yes Russ, sometimes I think "you had to be there" - There's no other excuse! lol

Edited by LEN
Social source share

F*ck me - Why has this thread made me REALLY want to go out? - That's ridiculous! :excl:

Can't go to The Wilton :( - Nina's Aunt's over from Canada (Party!)

Can't go to Burnley :( - Our 10th Wedding anniversary (Ok, not a problem - ahem lol)

Life-line it is then :yes: - Hurry up!!!

Cheers Russ and the other two 'original' posters on this topic, I'm now gonna dig all my 'old sh*t off the shelves and replay them to death - Fantastic! :thumbsup:

Len.

P.s - Russ - K.T.F! :thumbup:

Edited by LEN
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I Love 'The Sweet - Broken Heart Attack', I remember you 'holding the fort' for me when I was late for my spot the first time I D.Jed at The 100 Club Russ. I was so unsure about playing it, I asked Irish Greg if he thought everyone would know it lol, he kindly replied " I think they might" - Mind you, in my defence, it hadn't been played in a good while! :wink:

Anyway, how's this b*stard?! - I remember reluctantly playing this as a request at The Ely All-nighter and could not believe how the floor got absolutely rammed to it...I found it quite unnerving as that is something I'm really not used to! lol

Len :thumbup:

Edited by LEN
Social source share

Another marmite record....love it......time & place !!!

Love that one too, and the Rain With Charity Brown! Sorry Russ, I'm not stalking you, honest. It just seems that you're going through my record collection. (It does have a better section)

Social source share

Tell ya what, I've had a scream tonight...and I ain't even scratched the surface yet! Lol

Pssst, strictly between me and you Russ - Nina and Sam are out tonight on one of their 'guilty pleasures'......They're seeing Barry Manilow live at The 02! - Yes, Barry Manilow! lol

As I said, that's strictly between me and you Russ as they'd go mad if I told anyone else.....

Len :rofl:

P.s - Just going through my shelves, more to follow...I assure you! lol

Edited by LEN
Social source share

I can't believe I'm putting this b*stard up - It's not on my shelf and I've never played it, honest! What the f*ck? - It must have been from back in my mod 'heady' dayz...Oh deary dear....Just ignore this post (please!)

Can anyone beat this for a guilty pleasure?! Lol

I know someone who's selling one though....ahem....I think this Soul Pack was a rip off!

Ooooh the 'geeeeetar' bit, it's sooooooo gooooooooood.....

Len 'Guilty as charged' Dopson!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpnMvcRf4zY

Edited by LEN
Social source share

And another uhhhh !

You've gone too far now Russ. You can't compare this "classic" with that other pile. Probably the greatest sax and hammond break...............[pause for effect, then in a Clakson voice]..............In the world. :lol:

Social source share

I Love 'The Sweet - Broken Heart Attack', I remember you 'holding the fort' for me when I was late for my spot the first time I D.Jed at The 100 Club Russ. I was so unsure about playing it, I asked Irish Greg if he thought everyone would know it lol, he kindly replied " I think they might" - Mind you, in my defence, it hadn't been played in a good while! :wink:

Anyway, how's this b*stard?! - I remember reluctantly playing this as a request at The Ely All-nighter and could not believe how the floor got absolutely rammed to it...I found it quite unnerving as that is something I'm really not used to! lol

Len :thumbup:

Awesome piece of dance music.............first time I heard this I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. :yes::thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!