Recommended Record Of The Day, From Your Collection 2011

dthedrug

New one to me and I like, like, like it! What a fab label as well.....sort of label that would make you buy the record blind cos one look and you're thinking 'that has to be good'! Got to get this for myself, poverty here I come yet again....unless anyone has a clean and cheapish one they want to rehome :shades:

Hands off Mr.Topping!! :lol: .Played it at Burnley (10-11 slot). :thumbsup:

Social source share

Just love this track just grows on me the more I here the more i love it, Igot a demo for a tenna and theres loads about so wont break the bank,

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Picked one of these up in New York last year, not many people seemed to know it but what an awesome record...Perfect tempo for today, with stunning vocals, somebody ought to get behind this...Only just appeared on youtube as far as I know. :hatsoff2:

great soul tune indeed.................not for playing out though no no no

Social source share

Great thread thanks for starting it Dave lots of great cheap (not in a bad way) sounds and you can tell where everyone coming from

Above is link to my record of the day, My Ipod is stuffed with loads of soul and funk and jazz from 45s, albums cds so I don't know what I've got on it,

One early morning whilst walking the dog this came on and I was transfixed! please follow the link and give it a listen you will not be dissapointed

Rocked my socks off that morning and for along time afterwards!!!!!!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Great thread with some brill tracks, here's one that seems to have been on my deck a lot lately.... real cheapie too, but under 2 mins.... need it to last a bit longer for me.

(not sure 'bout embedding links...hope it works!)

steve

I'm a nobody here but that sounds like a really expensive tune

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

great soul tune indeed.................not for playing out though no no no

Depends if you only see danceable records as being uptempo beaters...good job you're not the 'Gatekeeper' because I can immediately think of countless classic records which are no faster than this, which would clearly have never got off the block!......I'm not saying bang in the middle of an uptempo set obviously but if there was no place on the scene somewhere for what you call ' A great Soul record/tune' - and you are indeed right about that - like this, then it would be very sad... :hatsoff2:

Edited by rich chorley
Social source share

Overlooked oldie from the Vibrations "Keep on keeping on" Okeh, Over shadowed by other releases on the label, and not at all rare, Maybe time to be reactivated ?

Social source share

BACK FROM SCARBOROUGH, NOW IT'S TIME TO CATCH UP ON ONES I'VE MISSED

HERES MY CHOICE TODAY CHICAGO GOLD

KEV

post-2477-0-82067700-1319394238_thumb.jp

I think anything by Otis Leavill(e) is a must! superb choice. Don't think I have ever heard a bad track by the man, and if ever anyone deserved a long overdue comp. of his work it is this man. Otis Leavill Cobb, born in Dewey Rose, this native from Georgia was a Chicago legend to me. A boxing buddy of Major Lance as well I believe?

steve

Social source share

nice cheap one from The Magic Tones, and somewhat overlooked I think....

steve

:hatsoff2: HI I totally agree with that one, 2 great sides, and one of the first US imports that I had?

:thumbsup: My latest record out of my box? no I am sober. I played down the phone (as you do!} is a forgottenn jem on the B side of the MOD CLASSIC "back to Georgia". "I'm a lonely boy" has all theingredientss to be a top play on todays scene, PYE INTERNATIONAL 7N35239 RATED ***** VALUE £40-50 ISSUE, DEMO?? However I got a cop last week of Ebay £5.08 in EX condition, if someone has a sound clip please, buy it blind if you don't no it, I promise you will love it. :thumbup: DAVE

post-13241-0-38106100-1319424396_thumb.j

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI I totally agree with that one, 2 great sides, and one of the first US imports that I had?

:thumbsup: My latest record out of my box? no I am sober. I played down the phone (as you do!} is a forgottenn jem on the B side of the MOD CLASSIC "back to Georgia". "I'm a lonely boy" has all theingredientss to be a top play on todays scene, PYE INTERNATIONAL 7N35239 RATED ***** VALUE £40-50 ISSUE, DEMO?? However I got a cop last week of Ebay £5.08 in EX condition, if someone has a sound clip please, buy it blind if you don't no it, I promise you will love it. :thumbup: DAVE

post-13241-0-38106100-1319424396_thumb.j

Here you go dave

Social source share