Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

What never fails to amaze? That people would knowingly spend that money on a boot? or how easy it is to con people by not telling them it's a boot?

Mmmm... :g:

If you look at the eBay selling history of this 70s boot, you will see that the last one before this to my knowledge, sold for £123, the one before that (a gold one) £76, and there have been more sold recently at high prices. I recieved quite a number of enquiries asking if it was an original copy and I answered them honestly and told them not.

Also the buyer gave positive feedback and said they were very happy with their purchase.

Edited by Northern Soul UK
Social source share

It is actually very misleading - says 'not one of the recent bootlegs' but doesn't say it's one of the older bootlegs.  Says 'not stamped matrix' - means sod all to your average Mr Ebay.

Just read description.

I wouldn't have allowed that on here. Too vague. I also noticed the same seller auctioning a US boot of a Temptations 45 that he'd enquired about on here and I had answered. Again wording was misleading IMO.  "Ridiculously rare" and "hard to come by" and started at £50.

I realise these are selling ploys and sellers want to get as much as they can for their records. No one is going to describe a 45 as a piece of rubbish.

ROD

Social source share

. I recieved quite a number of enquiries asking if it was an original copy and I answered them honestly and told them not.

Also the buyer gave positive feedback and said they were very happy with their purchase.

Fair enough, but at best it was still misleading by not actually stating the obvious, that it was a BOOT!!!

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Must be a one-off Israeli test-pressing.He obviously knows his stuff.....look at his other listings. Plate-racks, chairs and butt-plugs   :lol:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Perhaps a few of us should start asking questions again like we did once before "is this the 1st issue Grapevine label?", "Will you supply a centre with the record as my turntable doesn't have one", "Is that a vinyl Carver or some other form of re-press - please clarify" etc. etc.   Could be some good "sport" to be had.

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

Blimey, the description on that listing certainly pushes home the idea that it's an original.

'HAVEN'T SEEN AN ORIGINAL U.S. COPY OF THIS IN DEMAND 45 LISTED ON E-BAY THIS YEAR SO PLEASE BID ACCORDINGLY.'

That final sentence should have been extended with these words: 'ON THIS BOOT UNTIL AN ORIGINAL DOES TURN UP.'

Edited by Soul16
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LINDA-JONES-I-JUST-CANT-LIVE-MY-LIFE-WARNER-BROTHERS-UK-WARPED-K16621-/310723784402?pt=UK_Records&hash=item485894aed2

"PLEASE NOTE THE SINGLE HAS A BIG WARP IN IT BUT THE VINYL IS IN GREAT CONDITION- THE SINGLE PLAYS THROUGH WELL WITH THE RIGHT WEIGHTING ON THE NEEDLE- FINE FOR DJING ."

....yeah I can imagine half way through me set trying to get the 'weighting right on the needle' :wink:

Social source share

I remember selling copies for £1.50 when I was a dealer, long ago, but it's a great record and must be worth at least $50.00 $264.99 or more these days [iNSERT NEW PRICE HERE IF EVEN HIGHER] and I have a mint promo I might part with...

:wink:

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

Interesting ! it's not in Manships Boots guide nor is it in The Essential NS Guide ?or indeed Soulful Kinda Music's listings !

The plot now thickens !

the itzy label was a pittsburg run private label owned by a dj called ITZY KLIEN. it was a legal label re issuing tunes that were big at his club. there is a real mix of stuff on it and when we spoke he hadn't even heard of soul so to speak. one of the hardest to find is the showmen, our love will grow. I only owned it twice and it was the same disc but the purchaser wrote his name on the label...............go figure

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

:lol:

no mate sold it a few weeks back - probably for £15 in the end

took me years to find that, great tune. still looking for "half a heart" if anyone has one

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL ..As a collector of UK soul, and a completest of soul labels, I still take a look at the ACTION LABEL, A must collect all label, even throe I have all releases, and am aware of the interest in certain records that have been overlooked, I could not help noticing that on Ebay there is a copy of Alice Cllark for £125, but what about the track on the advert, how I wish it was my copy? item110963135928 :yes:

:g: DAVE K

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Classy.  I remember a few people, back in kind of 76-77 times, managed to get small black wooden fists from somewhere, they put a whole through them and then they were attached to a wire which went round the neck like a choker.

Looked f*cking sh*t they did.

The black wooden fists on a leather choker, were sold in the underground market in Manchester.

Must admit having one myself, about 6 months after Wigan opened (Spring 74).

My excuse is that I was a daff 18 year old that was doing abit too many drugs at the time.

Not the best look in the world, lol.

Social source share

The black wooden fists on a leather choker, were sold in the underground market in Manchester.

Must admit having one myself, about 6 months after Wigan opened (Spring 74).

My excuse is that I was a daff 18 year old that was doing abit too many drugs at the time.

Not the best look in the world, lol.

post-9388-0-64199600-1378289881_thumb.jp

post-9388-0-23343300-1378289900_thumb.jp

These photos were took April or May 74.

We have both got the chocker on, but you can see Fred's better.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest turntableterra

:hatsoff2: HI ALL ..As a collector of UK soul, and a completest of soul labels, I still take a look at the ACTION LABEL, A must collect all label, even throe I have all releases, and am aware of the interest in certain records that have been overlooked, I could not help noticing that on Ebay there is a copy of Alice Cllark for £125, but what about the track on the advert, how I wish it was my copy? item110963135928 :yes:

:g: DAVE K

hi dave, I got one back in the 70`s for a  fiver and never really looked at it as a rare item. mmmmmmmmmm now I do!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!