Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

Guest son of stan

Somebody was telling me the other night that a signed copy of Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' (or maybe it was 'Off The Wall') was recently offered on ebay as a 'buy it now' for one million dollars....

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive me for asking, could you please explain what the issues are with this record?

Is the dealer or buyer at fault, or both?

I will admit that I wasn't aware of a UK issue (presumably a boot?) on Tommy Navarro,

I sometimes find Soulsourcers a bit cryptic when it comes to comments.

i.e. there is an assumption from those better versed in the scenes traditions that everyone else knows their stuff.

Thanks

Mick

Edited by Mick Sway
Social source share

Forgive me for asking, could you please explain what the issues are with this record?

Is the dealer or buyer at fault, or both.

I will admit that I wasn't aware of a UK issue (presumably a boot?) on Tommy Navarro,

i.e. there is an assumption from those better versed in the scenes traditions that everyone else knows their stuff.

Thanks

Mick

Mick , I think it's just the fact that someone would pay that much for a re-issue/boot , as far as I can see the dealer isn't at fault as he clearly describes it as a re-issue.

I also wasn't aware of a UK one either but don't know buggar all anyway :lol: .

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Thanks

Mick

The seller seems to have been pretty straight with this, describes it as a UK re-issue. You can't use the word bootleg on ebay.

There seem to have been three or four dolts happy to pay a stupid amount for one of the most easy to recognise and well known boots. Bootlegs like this one are extremely well documented; on here and in Manships guide.

Perhaps this is some sort of social responsibility thing where various moneyed folk have taken pity on poor record dealers and decided to distribute their wealth to the needy?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Mick , I think it's just the fact that someone would pay that much for a re-issue/boot , as far as I can see the dealer isn't at fault as he clearly describes it as a re-issue.

I also wasn't aware of a UK one either but don't know buggar all anyway :lol: .

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

The seller seems to have been pretty straight with this, describes it as a UK re-issue. You can't use the word bootleg on ebay.

There seem to have been three or four dolts happy to pay a stupid amount for one of the most easy to recognise and well known boots. Bootlegs like this one are extremely well documented; on here and in Manships guide.

Perhaps this is some sort of social responsibility thing where various moneyed folk have taken pity on poor record dealers and decided to distribute their wealth to the needy?

I'm pleased to hear that the dealers in the clear, as he's my oldest pal and well known on the East Midlands soul scene.

How weird though, to design a boot in the style of a UK pushed out centre.

Thanks for the clarification guys.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I'm pleased to hear that the dealers in the clear, as he's my oldest pal and well known on the East Midlands soul scene.

How weird though, to design a boot in the style of a UK pushed out centre.

Thanks for the clarification guys.

These are late Stafford era bootlegs, this and Stewart Ames came out at the same time, both are UK pressings, all have the centres knocked out.

Social source share

Thanks

Mick

The fact someone was prepared to pay so much for a boot. Not having a dig at your mate, he described it as a UK reissue,aka boot, no presumption about it.

I still don't like the word reissue as it can still be misleading if you aren't in the know. Non original would be better seeing as bootleg isn't allowed.

Edited by chalky
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest SteveSnow

absolutely agree with the above - the seller listed the 45 perfectly accurately and is totally beyond reproach. 

I just wish some of these buyers would start bidding on my auctions!  :lol:

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

I agree the completely comedy buy.  I'd don't rate it that much more for a good un as there are plenty about in collections.

Comedy buy, more like a straight jacket buy

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sharmo 1

Don't know if this has been done yet but the enterprising chap from Nottingham has " Wee Try me " on a soul 7 for £77.00 there are other copies on ebay same reissue for £9.99 .

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!