Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

Various Artists
Detroit Gold Volume Two
STILL SEALED!

includes The Volumes - I Ain’t Gonna Give You Up

Plus a whole raft of other impressive KAREN Recording.

30 years old and still sealed - all sound files wre lifted from the opened copy we have in stock.

This listing is especially for those collectors addicted to own their vinyl is “as good as it can be” condition..

Read back to cover - for contents and click sound file for quality.

If you just want to own those 15 tracks to play we have a copy on the website. MINT

Sorry, this item has already been won!
The winning bid was £ 84.00

ebay.com now £20 ??????????

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Someone just added loads of new buy it now's to ebay UK, really good Northern originals, but he's said that he has priced these according to the price guide so knows not to accept any silly offers - therefore his starting price is just way over the top - Landslide white demo starting at £1000 for instance.

Does Manship value it at £1000? I don't own a copy of his guide but surely £500 is more realistic if you are wishing to sell. Also the description is 'Good Condition' if he means 'Good' as most people would understand it, i.e. pretty worn out but playable, then he's kidding.

Social source share

Does Manship value it at £1000? I don't own a copy of his guide but surely £500 is more realistic if you are wishing to sell. Also the description is 'Good Condition' if he means 'Good' as most people would understand it, i.e. pretty worn out but playable, then he's kidding.

I think he went solo on that one..

Social source share

Now £205 with a day still left???

Social source share

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131266482631?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I asked him if it was an original he replied with  "don't think this is an original, more likely to be the lookalike boot, TBH I'm not sure so you might be lucky"

Not as lucky as him! :(

Simple really, just ask him what it says in the run out groove, that would clear it up straight away !

Social source share

:hatsoff2: Hi All you tell me Mick how this can be explained, as I can't, it's a $5 tops I have ranted about it's inflated price for many years, I like the record, but it's not a $300 rare soul record, AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!???? :ohmy: DAVE K

• Helpful 2
Social source share

:hatsoff2: Hi All you tell me Mick how this can be explained, as I can't, it's a $5 tops I have ranted about it's inflated price for many years, I like the record, but it's not a $300 rare soul record, AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!???? :ohmy: DAVE K

I bought a copy off discogs in May this year for $50, did I get an awesome bargain or has ebay bidding on the 'in demand' records become silly.

$50 is a decent price for this record today, based on auction values which have hovered between £80 - £100 so far this year, until the last two copies auctioned on Ebay, which have gone for a rediculous £200+, see here.

I've got to give credit to Tom Smith of Beatin' Rythm for my copy which was a tenner, five or six years ago along with the mighty Sherrell Brothers, which was a little dearer. Although I havn't saught their advice recently , I'd asked him to tip me some tunes that he thought had some "legs" , these was amongst those. In the past he'd also tipped me Brown Sugar "the game is over" and Ace Spectrum. Sadly Vic Marcel "won't you come and fly" and  Billy  Frazier never flew to the same degree.

Edited by Mick Sway
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I was the one selling the Wade Flemons.  Bought it some time back and thought I'd move it on.  I messaged some of the 'bidders' saying that it was a press but they still insisted on bidding.  Hey ho ! Also got rid of an Enchantments to Japan for stupid money !

Edited by Tezza
Social source share

Its shite!...........IMHO :thumbsup:

Social source share

I was the one selling the Wade Flemons.  Bought it some time back and thought I'd move it on.  I messaged some of the 'bidders' saying that it was a press but they still insisted on bidding.  Hey ho ! Also got rid of an Enchantments to Japan for stupid money !

I was the one who sold the Tommy Neal...................there must have been more than one bidder prepared to pay well over the odds to outbid each other.

Social source share

Fookin' ell, never realised there were so many dodgy discs on discogs before https://www.discogs.com/marketplace?master_id=170699&ev=mb

Seen this on eBay.
Nothing special, I asked him. Thought it might be a signed copy maybe?
Marvin Gaye - What's going on - Tamla US Normal - £404 start price.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=301286508288&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Well...he says he's had it for 40 years ... I think he's just taken 10 quid (still pricey) and multiplied it by the number of years he's owned it...Makes perfect sense.

£10 x 40 years = £400 + £4 I guess for Recorded delivery.

I'm tempted to put in a bid...convincing myself it's a bargain :0)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Q:  Hi there, just curious, but is this the record you are selling the same release as this one please? https://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Marvin-Gaye-Whats-Going-On/178721478?ev=bp_rel_det 24-Aug-14

A:  24/08/14. I can not answer your question about Marvin Gaye "Whats Going On" yes or no, because I do not know. I am not fully computer compatible and would not know how use the info that you provided for me to listen to the sound. The 7" vinyl record that I have and own, has been in my collection since about 1970/1. I can even remember from which old market stall in Manchester City centre that I bought the record from. When I bought the record in Manchester City centre I think that it was about the time of decimalization. I hope that you don`t mind my posting this question and answer on the listing for other members to see and read with the intention that some else out there might be able to answer your question on my behalf. Thanks again for your question and interest in my Marvelous Marvin 7" Vinyl record. Kevin.

Hi again. The reason that I was asking is that your's looks, and I am sure is, the same release as the one that I pointed you to in the link. The record can be purchased for very little (well under £10) but you have priced yours at over £400?? I was wondering why you decided that your copy was worth so much? I thought that it may be a special release, maybe a promo copy or signed by Marvin Gaye.

- soulman_01

Answer 24/08/14.

My record is genuine and the real McCoy.

Those copies that you say are available for about £10.00, can you guarantee to me that

(1) that they are all Genuine and not fakes and

(2) that the they are all Mint, or near Mint Condition?

I have seen fakes before of my record and the fakes that I have seen are so good, that they are very difficult to determine, that they are not Genuine.

As I stated in my earlier message to you, I can even remember from which old market stall in Manchester City centre that I bought the record from and even at that time in 1970/1, my record on the import label, was very very difficult to come by at that time.

The valuation that I have put on my record is my choice and people out there are not pressurized by me to buy the record in question, if they do not want to. 

I hope that you don`t mind my copying and pasting your question and my answer on the listing for other members to see and read with the intention, that others out there are now aware that some 7" vinyls are Genuine and some are FAKES.

Thanks again for your question/s and interest in my Genuine Marvelous Marvin 7" Vinyl record.

Kevin.

Social source share

LOL!! Oh dear!! Pete S, those are my questions that I asked him, and of course the answers I recieved.
Pretty damn funny, obviously not a didgeridoo about prices. Probably has read somewhere that Marvin did a rare
record that was picked up by the NS scene, so every record that marvin recorded is Northern Soul and worth a fortune. :):g:

Oh! thought I'd add this too. This is the next message I sent him, but didn't get a reply.

Yes of course I understand that it is your price and people are not forced to buy it if they don't want. I was merely enquiring.
There are VERY few if any bootlegs (non genuine) about of this title, as there were literally thousands of this title pressed and released, it got to number 7 in the Billboard charts in the USA.
You can pick up a stone mint copy for £20 or less.
Anyway, Thanks for the info and I hope that your auction sale goes well.

Edited by Northern Soul UK
Social source share

All explained here why it is such a rarity

When the record came available in 1970/1, I don`t believe that two million records identical to mine, was available in the UK in 1970/1.

The majority of collectors that I knew in England at the time in 1970/1 and thereafter had the record on a none American Import label (English press I presume).

There might have been two million available in the USA in 1970/1, but definitely not in the UK?

Over the years gone by, I have seen for myself fake copies of the my record and that is not Bullshit.

I disagree with your valuation of my Marvin Gaye record.

Anyway, what does my valuation of my record have to do with you, or anyone else for that matter.

The record in question is my property and I am entitled to put a valuation on my property as I think fit.

People are not forced by me into buying my record if they don`t want to.

I don`t believe for a moment, that you can get an identical record to mine anywhere?

Your view/s that you can get an identical record to mine anywhere, is absolute nonsense.

Please don`t reply to this message because I have better things to attend to, instead of replying to your unimportant views.

I will not reply to any further message/s that you might send.

PS. Say hello to your friend/s Banyalla and Meyousee for me.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Perhaps if everyone on here who has a copy puts it up on ebay for £404 the guy will see how many there actually are? It would look pretty cool too :-)

I would undercut him at £399.00.....that will show him! 

Social source share

All explained here why it is such a rarity

When the record came available in 1970/1, I don`t believe that two million records identical to mine, was available in the UK in 1970/1.

The majority of collectors that I knew in England at the time in 1970/1 and thereafter had the record on a none American Import label (English press I presume).

There might have been two million available in the USA in 1970/1, but definitely not in the UK?

Over the years gone by, I have seen for myself fake copies of the my record and that is not Bullshit.

I disagree with your valuation of my Marvin Gaye record.

Anyway, what does my valuation of my record have to do with you, or anyone else for that matter.

The record in question is my property and I am entitled to put a valuation on my property as I think fit.

People are not forced by me into buying my record if they don`t want to.

I don`t believe for a moment, that you can get an identical record to mine anywhere?

Your view/s that you can get an identical record to mine anywhere, is absolute nonsense.

Please don`t reply to this message because I have better things to attend to, instead of replying to your unimportant views.

I will not reply to any further message/s that you might send.

PS. Say hello to your friend/s Banyalla and Meyousee for me.

Now that is just Bollox , why can't you listen to people who actually do know ?  :dash2:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!