Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amount Of Reads

  •  Views 5.8k

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

depends where you are coming from I guess doesn't always have to be about the $ you could also quite easily argue that the topic is just simply people enjoying sharing, reading and listening

Posted Images

Posted
34 minutes ago, Douglaschip said:

Barbara Hall - fantastic version.

Adam

Yep - got this version in a soul pack many years back.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 21/09/2019 at 18:27, Blackpoolsoul said:

 

What a cracking track. Loved this ever since first hearing it.

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 hours ago, Rick Scott said:

 Yea, Same with Bobby Womack's" Something for my Head" released on this label too so another track now none LP Only

I don't "count" these later issues myself. I think if there is no contemporary 45 release then its LP only

Cheers Paul

  • Up vote 5
soul source url
Social source share
Guest Polyvelts
Posted
17 hours ago, Ric-tic said:

Garland Green was released on an Expansion 7” in 2016

Didnt realise that. To be honest I was viewing the question from the POV that there wasnt a current 45 issue of a track at the time of release (or at least within a year) rather than 39 years later.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Enjoying this thread - always on the look out for LP recommendations, esp 70's and 80's. Here's a few favourites of mine I don't think have been mentioned:-

Leon Haywood - Fair warnin' ('Back to stay' LP)

Gene Townsel - I'm walking away ('Time wounds all heels' LP)

Richard 'Popcorn' Wylie - How did I lose you ('Extrasensory Perception' LP)

O.V. Wright - Let's straighten it out ('The bottom line' LP)

Prince Phillip Mitchell - You'll throw bricks at him ('Make it good' LP)

Vocies of East Harlem - Take a stand ('Can you feel it' LP)

Smoke - Sunshine Roses and Rainbows ('Smoke' LP, also released as Blacksmoke) - possibly the best fiver I've ever spent 

Clydene Jackson - I need your love ('Fresh' LP)

 

  • Up vote 5
soul source url
Social source share
Guest Polyvelts
Posted

I mean with Willie Hutch, Jerry Butler, David Ruffin, Lamont Dozier etc its really like shooting fish in a barrel !

From his 'Concert in Blues' LP

 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Kim tolliver “i’m Loosing the feeling”

 

well regarded by many I love it and rate it as one of her best

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Swiss Movement - Come Around Here - from the It's Time For The Swiss Movement LP.

Paul Dallison played it on Saturday at slim Jenkins Place in Sheffield - I can't get it out of my head, it's superb.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
8 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Enjoying this thread - always on the look out for LP recommendations, esp 70's and 80's. Here's a few favourites of mine I don't think have been mentioned:-

Leon Haywood - Fair warnin' ('Back to stay' LP)

Gene Townsel - I'm walking away ('Time wounds all heels' LP)

Richard 'Popcorn' Wylie - How did I lose you ('Extrasensory Perception' LP)

O.V. Wright - Let's straighten it out ('The bottom line' LP)

Prince Phillip Mitchell - You'll throw bricks at him ('Make it good' LP)

Vocies of East Harlem - Take a stand ('Can you feel it' LP)

Smoke - Sunshine Roses and Rainbows ('Smoke' LP, also released as Blacksmoke) - possibly the best fiver I've ever spent 

Clydene Jackson - I need your love ('Fresh' LP)

 

Gene Townsel was on 7"

Gene.jpg

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
16 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Gene Townsel was on 7"

Gene.jpg

Isn't it a more recent release though, i.e. years after the Lp?

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Chalky said:

Isn't it a more recent release though, i.e. years after the Lp?

I must apologise, but I think there is some confusion here which came from somewhere....... the thread was and I quote

"Does anybody recommend any 70s

Album only tracks" and I have just tried to stick to the thread. 😀

 

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

I must apologise, but I think there is some confusion here which came from somewhere....... the thread was and I quote

"Does anybody recommend any 70s

Album only tracks" and I have just tried to stick to the thread. 😀

 

As have most and many do not count 45s released years after for the scene.  To many they are still LP only tracks. 

If I was running a venue I would want the Lp on the turntable rather than an expansion release. 

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Chalky said:

As have most and many do not count 45s released years after for the scene.  To many they are still LP only tracks. 

If I was running a venue I would want the Lp on the turntable rather than an expansion release. 

Well the problem if I recall , as you will no doubt know, with the particular LP in question Gene Townsel, is that part of the LP was poorly mixed and ran into the next track without a gap and I can clearly remember Mo playing the Single and Mick holding up the LP to prove they had it

Amusing at the time and it wasn't until I bought the LP that I realised. Fortunately, I no longer DJ, so it isn't a problem for me

 

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 23/09/2019 at 12:28, Blackpoolsoul said:

Sadly not an LP only release anymore

Richard Searling released it in on single ( a bit like I didn't realise on the Mascara track above)

 

Clyde.jpg

Why ‘sadly ‘???

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Thelma Houston - Nothing left to give - on U.K. and some EU releases only. This track is NOT on the USA MW102 release  I think I have a spare in my sales somewhere

 

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

 

Great stuff - always reminds me of Cleethorpes weekenders after it featured in the C4 doc

'Baby that's a no no' and 'Do I deserve it baby' also killer album-only cuts as far as I know 

 

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Guest Polyvelts
Posted
On 23/09/2019 at 12:08, mickjay33 said:

 

Just saw loads of Dutch copies of this in Amsterdam - fiver on average

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
6 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Should have brought 'em back - I'd have given you a tenner 😁

If you think that's a lack of foresight back in '81 I bought 25 Sherlock Holmes on Part III and left around 500 !

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
7 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Should have brought 'em back - I'd have given you a tenner 😁

Don't worry. The dutch release is a late 70s reissue, worth about 15 quid max.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 02/10/2019 at 16:40, polyvelts said:

Just saw loads of Dutch copies of this in Amsterdam - fiver on average

Yes. Was on catalogue in Netherlands and for some reason still available up until the 90s...

soul source url
Social source share
Guest Polyvelts
Posted
On 07/10/2019 at 22:17, Chris Turnbull said:

Or this

 

Slightly off topic but Louis Theroux chose this as one of his tracks recently for Desert Island Discs. My respect for him increased 1000 fold !!!!

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, polyvelts said:

Slightly off topic but Louis Theroux chose this as one of his tracks recently for Desert Island Discs. My respect for him increased 1000 fold !!!!

Yes I heard that too - great track, very soulful

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments/views now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Log in to Soul Source

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Good Tracks, Great Tracks And Guitar Pedals
    Sale Websites by The Dank Dank on Wed 09 Mar 2011
    • 1 / 392
    • The Dank Dank on 09 Mar 2011
    • 16 / 1202
    • TOAD on 01 Jun 2007
  2. The Best Of 70s/crossover Lp Tracks Volume 6-now Available
    All About The Soul by chris anderton on Tue 06 Jun 2017
    • 2 / 493
    • chris anderton on 10 Jun 2017
  3. Some Inexpensive 70s Tracks For Sale
    Record Sales by itsthebeat on Sun 30 Jun 2013
    • 1 / 798
    • itsthebeat on 30 Jun 2013
  4. Anyone Who These 70s Tracks Are Pls?
    Look At Your Box by wiganer1 on Sat 08 Nov 2008
    • 16 / 946
    • soulchasers on 14 Mar 2009

Related Soul Music Links


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.