At last! Mello Souls For Auction

Dobber

Discogs copy in Feb - Must have written it down somewhere - date / price etc. - transferred to my wants list with photo on discogs - slight rip/scuff at 2.00 on label we can make it side and writing on I got my pride - ok at 10.00 and mum? at 1.30 with ring wear. So not the copy Tim's photo shows.

I'm looking for the paper note - may have chucked it away.

Report back if up-dateimage.png.248a86480df0409f6f61fd8dbb658414.png

image.png.b617a4c31c08c07f4630c9d5a810a7af.png

Edited by Vadnochka
Social source share

25 minutes ago, Ephraim said:

Do folks here have an idea of how many copies exist? Single digits? I wonder how many were pressed.

Probably into double figures now.  There was three or four in New York at one time, same here, couple at least in Japan although I believe one is over here now.  Andy Rix Rix got three copies from the group members/family

1 hour ago, Benji said:

As a Mello Souls copy on Discogs was mentioned twice now, do you mean guys mean it sold on Discogs? No evidence it sold via Discogs from what I can see. Or was it listed and pulled?

Don’t think it did hence it now up for auction.  It was £20000 on discogs if memory serves. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Vadnochka said:

Discogs copy in Feb - Must have written it down somewhere - date / price etc. - transferred to my wants list with photo on discogs - slight rip/scuff at 2.00 on label we can make it side and writing on I got my pride - ok at 10.00 and mum? at 1.30 with ring wear. So not the copy Tim's photo shows.

I'm looking for the paper note - may have chucked it away.

Report back if up-dateimage.png.248a86480df0409f6f61fd8dbb658414.png

image.png.b617a4c31c08c07f4630c9d5a810a7af.png

Those scans were uploaded 5 and 6 years ago. 

Social source share

13 minutes ago, Simon T said:

which auction was this and when was it? Also, any idea where the copy came from?ScreenShot05x4.thumb.jpg.8429d4007c68732ef62f6756d5104d61.jpg

I vaguely remember the auction but facts need verifying. Copy reportedly was found at a USA record fair. Copy allegedly went to Japan based collector. A truly great record and big credit to Mark for giving it the exposure it deserves.

Social source share

Simon, you shouldn't have posted that audio clip. Because now I start to have a growing obsession with this track hearing the isolated vocals for the first time. What a song!

Anyone wants to trade to two annoying teenage kids for a copy? 😉

Social source share

On 25/04/2023 at 12:08, Dobber said:

Top end shrine stuff? Prophets,counts,jd Bryant?

del larks,the one on king(can’t remember the guys name)?

I think it’s a small list containing 10k plus items

I don't think even the rarest Shrine stuff makes it to 16200 loops - or what do you think?
I guess even a Junior McCants or the Del Larks can't do that.

6 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

1 6 2 0 0 ! ! ! ! 

1 6 5 0 0 ! ! ! !

Could someone please capture the official final result and post it here please.
Thanks

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

I don't think even the rarest Shrine stuff makes it to 16200 loops - or what do you think?
I guess even a Junior McCants or the Del Larks can't do that.

1 6 5 0 0 ! ! ! !

Could someone please capture the official final result and post it here please.
Thanks

I believe the last Junior Mcants was 15k  and Don Gardner 20k. The same person purchased both, not at the same time may I add. What did mello souls finish at anyway folks??? Thank you....Rob

• Up vote 1
Social source share

First time I heard this was on Dave Evison's Radio Stoke show on a Sunday night, late eighties. Referred to as the Del-Larks at that time, Butch apparently insisted that Dave interrupt the track on occasion with comments such as, " Great record." to foil potential bootleggers.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Torch56 said:

First time I heard this was on Dave Evison's Radio Stoke show on a Sunday night, late eighties. Referred to as the Del-Larks at that time, Butch apparently insisted that Dave interrupt the track on occasion with comments such as, " Great record." to foil potential bootleggers.

Same here! 

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!