Sylvia Croasdell

It is with deep regret that we have to report that Sylvia died at Kettering hospital on Friday April 13th after five days on life support due to a heart attack. Her sister Sue Henderson, with her partner Mark Johnson and Sylvia's partner Aby Marlow, were with her throughout; her children Charlotte and William visited her during this period.

Sylvia's funeral will be held at Tynemouth Crematorium, Walton Ave, North Shields, Tyne and Wear at 2.30 pm on Friday 27th April. The families would love to see anyone who wishes to attend. As per her expressed wishes, her ashes will be scattered at a later date from St. Mary's Lighthouse, a place she loved to visit throughout her life, which is situated a couple of miles further up the coast. Newcastle flowers to 48 Churchill St, Wallsend, NE28 7TD or donations to the British Heart Foundation 0207 487 7137

There will be a memorial function held after the service at the Rex Hotel, The Promenade, Whitley Bay NE26 2RL, where we will reminisce and celebrate Sylvia's life through soul music. We will be there from 3.30 pm onwards and anyone who cannot make the service is more than welcome at the function. The hotel overlooks the sea and has plenty of rooms available at a reasonable rate for overnight travellers: telephone 0191 252 3201, www.rex-hotel.com

There will also be a memorial service at Market Harborough Parish Church, in the centre of the town, at 2.30pm on Tuesday 24th April, followed by a buffet in the Three Swans hotel on the High Street virtually opposite. Flowers or donations to MIND through the local undertaker, J Stamp and Sons, 01858 462524.

The Henderson and Croasdell families will attend both events.

A brief history of Sylvia's life on the soul scene has been posted and a book of condolence has been opened at www.6ts.info The funeral information on there at the moment is inaccurate and will be corrected shortly. Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful messages posted there and on here, it has been a source of great support for the families.

If anyone would like further details you can email Sue Henderson at sparkymarkjohnson@hotmail.co.uk

Edited by ady croasdell
Social source share

• Replies 129
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It's at times like this you realise just how precious life is. I liked Sylvia a lot, always had time for her and she always had time for me. She will be sadly missed and my thoughts and heart go out to all her family and friends.

Very sad.

Mandy

x

Social source share

I hope everyone who was close to Sylvia and her family can find some strength in the heartfelt sympathy that is felt by everyone who knew her.

With love,

Neil Jones.

Edited by burysoul
Social source share

Guest D'Arcy

I was knocked for six when I heard this last week. Still struggling to come to terms with it. Such a tragic loss. My thoughts are with you, Charlotte and William, Ady. Sylvia was an amazing person who will be greatly missed by all who met her. With much love to all her family and friends.

D'Arcy

Social source share

Guest Bogue

Sincere condolences from me too. I don't know you or your family but it dosen't feel right to keep posting on other threads running alongside without saying something.

Really feel for you all at this sad time.

Bogue

Social source share

We were really saddened to hear the news of Sylvia's death, I liked her a lot and we had some good laughs.....one memory that always makes me smile.....at a Keele allnighter, dancing to a run of out and out oldies....seeing Sylvia going for it too I waved, when the record finished I went up to her and said 'bloody hell Sylvia I've danced to some 'crap' tonight', she replied, 'yeah, me too, f**king great innit', and it was........our heart felt sympathy to you and yours Ady.

Derek and Annie.

Social source share

words fail me

Michael woke me up this morning to tell me this tragic news

Immediately I thought of William and Charlotte, both of whom were young children when I last saw them, but are now young adults. Then I thought of Sue, and finally of you Ady. You're all going to miss this beautiful woman more than we will ever realise. My family sends our heartfelt condolences to you all

You were loved Sylvia.

Kirsty and Michael x

Social source share

It is with deep regret that we have to report that Sylvia died at Kettering hospital on Friday afternoon after five days on life support due to a heart attack. Her sister Sue and her partner Mark and Sylvia's partner Aby were with her throughout and her children Charlotte and William visited her during this period.

She will be hugely missed and details of the funeral arrangements will be posted here shortly. Further information and a description of Sylvia's involvement in the Northern Soul scene will be posted on www.6ts.info in a day or so. A book of condolence will also be constructed on the web-site.

With deepest sympathy .

Malc Burton

Social source share

It is with deep regret that we have to report that Sylvia died at Kettering hospital on Friday afternoon after five days on life support due to a heart attack. Her sister Sue Henderson with her partner Mark Johnson and Sylvia's partner Aby Marlow were with her throughout; her children Charlotte and William visited her during this period.

She will be hugely missed and details of the funeral arrangements will be posted here shortly. Further information and a description of Sylvia's involvement in the Northern Soul scene will be posted on www.6ts.info later today. A book of condolence will also be constructed on the web-site.

Hi Ady

So very sorry to hear this, my condolances go out to you & all your family. When you was helping me with my book and the amount of times I came over to your place, I was always made so very welcome by Sylvia and yourself. Very sad.

Cheers

Paddy

Social source share

I never knew Sylvia very well but I remember her from 1980s/early 90s visits to the 100 Club like it was yesterday. Very shocked and sorry to hear this news, Ady.

Social source share

Guest Simon

Extremely upsetting news, i'm so sad Ady for you & your family!

I only ever really spoke to Sylvia at the Cleethorpes weekenders but she came across as a really lovely lady.

Sincere condolences

Simon & Sam x

Social source share

So sorry to hear this Ady, although I did not know Sylvia at all, my heart goes out to you all, as I'm going through the same thing at the moment, having lost my Mother the other day.

Ann & Ritchie Andrew xxxxx

Edited by asboannie
Social source share

Much love to you, Charlotte, William, Sue and all the family. I will never forget her, she was one of the kindest most beautiful people I ever knew.

Annie & Georgia

xx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert