Worst Northern Soul Lyric

Guest dicklincoln72

Guest dicklincoln72

Downloading my old vinyl and came across this and it made me smile, as I remember thinking at the time how they must have struggled to come up with this fourth line of the chorus.

Bobby Jason Wall To Wall Heartaches.

"Wall to wall happyness"

"Wall to wall tenderness"

"Wall to wall lovelyness"

"Wall to wall huggyness"?

Can anybody think of a worse lyric?

Social source share

• Replies 85
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Downloading my old vinyl and came across this and it made me smile, as I remember thinking at the time how they must have struggled to come up with this fourth line of the chorus.

"Wall to wall happyness"

Isn't that "Wall to wall uglyness"?

Social source share

Guest dicklincoln72

Isn't that "Wall to wall uglyness"?

No he definately sings huggyness. Personally I would have put in sweetness.

Social source share

Most of the lyrics in House For Sale.....................the worst bit being.....................It's got a spacious living room for the bride & groom cheese1.gif ................... yuk yuk yuk! :thumbup:

I Am What I Am....................But please don't ask why :hatsoff2:

Sugar Dumpling...................But please don't ask why :thumbsup: But it makes me laugh! wicked.gif

Debbie x

Edited by parkash
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I should save this so I can just copy and paste, but...................

There's a button on your left and one on your riiiight

The one in the middle means we're having bad luck. We're running outta gas and our landing gear is stuuuck.

:ranting_1:

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

The one in the middle is for coffee, weak or strong, Mikey. The record is a Detroit classic.

Im not keen on lyrics that tell a story and particularly thinking here about Little Johnny Blair.

It doesn't make me wanna dance but more sign up for a monthly donation to "Save the Children".

ROD

Bicycle Races by Queen is a classic isnt it?

I wouldnt die unhappy never hearing that one again either.

I love songs that tell a story

The Snake

Fortune Teller

Hide nor Hair

All great to sing along to.

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

"Wall to wall happyness"

Rita Dacosta.

Dont Bring Me Down when i'm a pie

Social source share

Quote Barry

"I remember being a kid and thinking 'Sweeter Than The Day Before' was titled 'Sea-lions Ten Feet Tall.' "

I did actually see ten foot tall sea-lions one morning on the way home from Wigan - but that's another story !! :rolleyes:

Social source share

Quote Barry

"I remember being a kid and thinking 'Sweeter Than The Day Before' was titled 'Sea-lions Ten Feet Tall.' "

I did actually see ten foot tall sea-lions one morning on the way home from Wigan - but that's another story !! :rolleyes:

Perhaps we were attuned mentally fella - check out our last played clips.

Social source share

By a country mile, The Magnificent 6 'Neither Will I' on Dial. I quote:

"So close

No breeze could blow between us

So tight

You couldn't part us with a Tommy Gun

Standing in the need of each other

Like a flower

Standing in the need of the sun"

WTF were they thinking? The verse as a whole is well done and suitably delicate for an otherwise nice and gentle harmony ballad, but 'kinell, that line...blink.gif

Edited by Alan Walls
Social source share

"So close

So tight

Like a flower

WTF were they thinking? The verse as a whole is well done and suitably delicate for an otherwise nice and gentle harmony ballad, but 'kinell, that line...blink.gif

I love that part! The iffy bit is the verse where he talks about needing "straight love now and then" and goes on to sing about cheating. Never will I make my baby cry.... my arse

boxing.gif

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

Roy Handy - Baby That's a Groove

Sweat was poppin' off of my face

Fish and chips were all over the place

You shoulda seen my baby move

Hey, hey, hey, we got us a groove.

WTF ???????g.gif

yeah whats with this fish and chips from an american artist,

i thought they always called them fries over there.

Social source share

yeah whats with this fish and chips from an american artist,

i thought they always called them fries over there.

Been to Detroit a few times and it's the only US place I know where in some diners you can get fish and chips and written as such on the menu. They also have malt vinegar on the table which is something you have to ask for elsewhere and then a lot don't have it.

I believe it's something to do with Canada [Windsor is it?] just over the border.

ROD

Social source share

Been to Detroit a few times and it's the only US place I know where in some diners you can get fish and chips and written as such on the menu. They also have malt vinegar on the table which is something you have to ask for elsewhere and then a lot don't have it.

I believe it's something to do with Canada [Windsor is it?] just over the border.

ROD

Next time your in Detroit try asking for the Branston Pickle,they wont have a fookin clue

Social source share

"So close

So tight

Like a flower

Alan are you sure they sing "part" us with a tommy gun,i always thought it says "pot"us with a etc etc,as you would pot-shot,and i also maybe wrong

Social source share

Lynn Varnados Wash and wear love - almost every line - horrible , like the backing track though.

Mick

It's a horrible record full stop...though Cliff on one of the crossover threads reckons the pinnacle of soul music and I'm mental for not appreciating it. Pile of sh*t.

Social source share

Alan are you sure they sing "part" us with a tommy gun,i always thought it says "pot"us with a etc etc,as you would pot-shot,and i also maybe wrong

I think that you will find that Alan is correct and it is "Part", sorry my love but you are wrong on this occassion yes.gif

Social source share

Got to agree Dave.

One of my all time faves.

"Do something for me, don't let me suffer........."

Great to meet you last week by the way.

Best

Tabs

Sorry I have to disagree, I think it's a great intro.

F**kin love the record.:yes:

Social source share

Got to agree Dave.

One of my all time faves.

"Do something for me, don't let me suffer........."

Great to meet you last week by the way.

Best

Tabs

Good to meet you as well.

When I was collecting I never had a Danny Monday, so that's makes me like it even more.thumbsup.gif

Dave.

Social source share

Jimmy Ricks - Oh What A Feeling

"You make my liver quiver"

Fantastic record and what a singer but that line hhmmm........

Mick

Oh I liiiiike the liver quiver line rolleyes.gif isn't that also in the Dynamics " You make me feel so good "

Ok another great record the Marvellos "something's Burning contains a line that goes like this

Smokey the bear will pull out all of his hair? ..... what is that all about ? laugh.gif

Social source share

Oh I liiiiike the liver quiver line rolleyes.gif isn't that also in the Dynamics " You make me feel so good "

Ok another great record the Marvellos "something's Burning contains a line that goes like this

Smokey the bear will pull out all of his hair? ..... what is that all about ? laugh.gif

Simples ......

Smokey Bear ( often unofficially referred to as Smokey the Bear ) is a mascot of the United States Forest Service , created to educate the public on the dangers of forest fires , hence the reference in " SB " .

Another lyric gem ......

The Dramatics - Bingo ......... " the girl's got the winning line "

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Simples ......

Smokey Bear ( often unofficially referred to as Smokey the Bear ) is a mascot of the United States Forest Service , created to educate the public on the dangers of forest fires , hence the reference in " SB " .

Another lyric gem ......

The Dramatics - Bingo ......... " the girl's got the winning line "

Malc Burton

Nice one Malc .. the fog clears it now makes sence ph34r.gif now what do you reckon they mean by making one's liver quiver g.gifno.gif no you better not tell me laugh.gif I will use my imagination

Social source share

200393533000.jpg

Southside Movement - Do It To Me

" My Love For You Will Bust My Pants " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!no.gif

Had the single, 20th century, does it get played anywhere now ? over and over and over do it to me,

you got me singing it now!!!!!biggrin.gif

Social source share

"So close

So tight

Like a flower

Disagree one of the great lines, just love it.
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert