Hypothetical Question

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski

Just a hypothetical question, but, say you ran a Soul Nite, quite successfully, and you asked a guy from another venue to DJ for you. Ok so far? Good. Now suppose the guy you asked to DJ then goes to the management, and suggests they get rid of you, and give him the venue instead. Question. would you-

A/ Be annoyed.

B/ Do nothing, it's a fair world.

C/ Punch his lights out.

D/ Name and shame.

E/ Give up.

opinions please!

Social source share

• Replies 61
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just a hypothetical question, but, say you ran a Soul Nite, quite successfully, and you asked a guy from another venue to DJ for you. Ok so far? Good. Now suppose the guy you asked to DJ then goes to the management, and suggests they get rid of you, and give him the venue instead. Question. would you-

A/ Be annoyed.

C/ Punch his lights out.

D/ Name and shame.

E/ Give up.

opinions please!

B :boxing:

Social source share

A/ Be annoyed.

C/ Punch his lights out.

D/ Name and shame.

E/ Give up.

opinions please!

Hi Trevski

One missing option to include is to check and double-check your facts (maybe speak politely to the management and the DJ guy) to corroborate things.

Then, if it is all indeed true, in the following order:

A/ Be annoyed

D/ Name and shame

C/ Punch his lights out :boxing:

Hope this helps

Richard

Social source share

A/ Be annoyed.

C/ Punch his lights out.

D/ Name and shame.

E/ Give up.

opinions please!

name and shame.....knocking him out would be fun but more trouble than its worth

moldie

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Hi Trevski

One missing option to include is to check and double-check your facts (maybe speak politely to the management and the DJ guy) to corroborate things.

Then, if it is all indeed true, in the following order:

A/ Be annoyed

D/ Name and shame

C/ Punch his lights out :boxing:

Hope this helps

Richard

In this (Hypothetical) situation all fact are true and corroborated!

Social source share

Guest subbo

Name and shame Trev. Done in such a way that it would scupper their cunning plan . I have the right to edit this post after a few beers. Paul

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

hypothetically (of course) .... if the venue was successful then the management shouldn't have been swayed by the other club :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Old Soul

hypothetically (of course) .... if the venue was successful then the management shouldn't have been swayed by the other club thumbsup.gif

What do you meen "if the venue was successful" it's a soul night it's defo a success. then knock his lights out.

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

What do you meen "if the venue was successful" it's a soul night it's defo a success. then knock his lights out.

then the manager would politely refuse the advances of the other club ...... send him off with a flea in his ear

Social source share

trevski....are you sure it aint you that has done this and your trying to find out what might happen to you if the other bloke finds out what you have done?

moldie

Social source share

A/ Be annoyed.

C/ Punch his lights out.

D/ Name and shame.

E/ Give up.

opinions please!

hope all turns out in your favour, i heard the last one you put on was a good night Trevski....what guest did you have DJ'ing for you :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

trevski....are you sure it aint you that has done this and your trying to find out what might happen to you if the other bloke finds out what you have done?

moldie

Nope! It has (hypothetically) happened to a mate of mine, who is too mild mannered these days to do anything. (But I'm not!) :D Just quietly letting the hypothetical perpetrator know that I know, and that the readers of this thread, to their credit, think it's a foul trick! :thumbsup:

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Nope! It has (hypothetically) happened to a mate of mine, who is too mild mannered these days to do anything. (But I'm not!) :yes: Just quietly letting the perpetrator know that I know, and that the readers of this thread, to their credit, think it's a foul trick! :thumbsup:

Even worse than knicking peoples artwork...:yes:

Shocked at some of the antics people get up to...:lol:

Luckily he has a good mate in you Trev...:D

Social source share

Nope! It has (hypothetically) happened to a mate of mine, who is too mild mannered these days to do anything. (But I'm not!) :D Just quietly letting the hypothetical perpetrator know that I know, and that the readers of this thread, to their credit, think it's a foul trick! :thumbsup:

I may still have my baraclava somewhere :yes:

I wouldn't let them away with it and I'd be a little annoyed with the manager of the venue to............

Social source share

ITS LOWER THAN A RATTLESNAKES BELLY IN A WAGON WHEEL RUT

JUST NAME THEM

MOLDIE

Social source share

A/ Be annoyed.

C/ Punch his lights out.

D/ Name and shame.

E/ Give up.

opinions please!

Haven't read all the replies, so this might have already been said -

If your soul nights were "quite successful", then why would the venue management want to change and perhaps risk losing money?

Social source share

A/ Be annoyed.

C/ Punch his lights out.

D/ Name and shame.

E/ Give up.

opinions please!

E

Social source share

Trev, I think anyone who has promoted on this scene will know all about this. As soon as I did my first all nighter Gary [the owner of the venue] told me he had been approached by 2 or 3 people who wanted to run an all nighter there. Luckily for me, he's a good guy and told them to go through me. Sorry to say this scene is so full of devious cnuts and politics that it's hard to believe at times. Even had real nice people come up to me and say "sorry we haven't been to your nighter for a while Phil, but we were getting a lot of grief from some of the people who go there, and we don't want any trouble." Unbelievable! and these are so called soul people not local piss heads.....

Sad, very sad.

Phil.

Social source share

Say nothing, let him promote as if all is well spending his hard earned cash on advertising then at precisely 15mins before the doors are due to opened.................BOMB THREAT CALLED IN TO THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER OFFICE!!

Seem to remember this worked wonders many years ago when the Wirrina stuck a nighter on the same night as the fleet, with the end result being they all left the Wirrina and went to the fleet...........allegedly :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Sean Haydon

A/. Be annoyed, obviously.

B/. Deffinatley do something about it. If the management are good enough to tell you, never ask the DJ back to your club and never support him if he finds a new venue. If they do go with him, it's a dirty trick and are not worth dealing with anyway! Let them both get on with it. What goes round comes around, the management will find out the hard way.

C/. Never use violence, not good on our scene, you'd be classed as the bad guy one way or another. Keep your dignity.

D/. Name and shame, yes, to the people that matter to you but not publicly.

E/. Never give up!!! If he does take over, think how you can be Better! then get yourself a new venue with trusting management, who's worthy of your commitment. The club with good policies and high moral standards will come out on top.

Sean

Social source share

Say nothing, let him promote as if all is well spending his hard earned cash on advertising then at precisely 15mins before the doors are due to opened.................BOMB THREAT CALLED IN TO THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER OFFICE!!

Seem to remember this worked wonders many years ago when the Wirrina stuck a nighter on the same night as the fleet, with the end result being they all left the Wirrina and went to the fleet...........allegedly laugh.gif

Tis true, but didn't the person in question do a stint at her majesty's pleasure for that little stunt?? Think carefully before going down that line.lol

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

soul stocks is the only answer biggrin.gif

Magoo who runs Kent Soul Club had someone approach the venue to see if they could put on a night there and the management told him and refused the advance but dont think he ever found our who it was but it was defo someone who had attended his night,

some just see a success and what it themselves rolleyes.gif

wankers and need exposing imho

Social source share

Magoo who runs Kent Soul Club had someone approach the venue to see if they could put on a night there and the management told him and refused the advance but dont think he ever found our who it was but it was defo someone who had attended his night,

You said exposing smile.gif

Social source share

A/ Be annoyed.

C/ Punch his lights out.

D/ Name and shame.

E/ Give up.

opinions please!

I would think the first reaction would be to rip his head off & sh#t down his neck but the thing to do is take the moral high ground & inform as many people who will listen about the deed that has been done. The next thing to do would be to wait to see if the individual confronts you with his legitimate reason for his actions, a meeting face to face with the individual would be the best thing to see if he has a valid point. If the individual doesn't confront you this is just an admition of his guilt & you know you can hold your head high & live with youself but can he....................then go kick f@ck out of him :thumbsup:

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

ohmy.gif 'Kinell, Kent Soul Club is my local nite!

Fantastic venue and I'm always saying I wish I'd found it first. So - can I categorically state that IT WASN'T ME.

Trevski, stop any rumours now. Name and shame.

Social source share

similar thing happened round here the other year where the owner of a popular venue decided that the promoters of the event (which was very well attended usually a sell out) were in his opinion running the show as a private club and said he was going to get someone else to run it,

this caused a lot of friction and the fallout from same still exists, because the people who took over ran the event on the same nights as the original promoters (who were well liked and respected) who in the meantime had re-arranged their event at another venue on the original dates ,

the people who ran the original event had worked hard and put a lot of effort into promoting and organising the said event and felt let down under the circumstances in which they were treated and for fellow soulies to step in and run an event on the same dates in my opinion just wasnt on, thankfully sense has prevailed and events no longer clash, the original promoters now run a packed out night on a regular basis at the new venue,

to me its about respect and if people are going to act in this manner then they dont deserve respect and fellow soulies /punters should see it for what it is , and were what is stated ,to happen then surely any right thinking person should no longer attend such a venue ,

cheers b.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Yes, Trev - just say who it is.

Then, if they are on here they can put their side of things.

Richard

I cannot in due respect to my chum, name names. If he wants to come on and put the story, fine. He told me about this, and I take his word completely. The "other party' was confronted about it outside, and made a hasty retreat, after the Management, to their credit, spilled the beans. When I heard this, it got me soooo mad I decided to post the 'hypothetical' question, with the idea that the perpetrator would see how annoyed the general SS community were over his actions, and be duly shamed. I think this has been achieved. As the grapevine goes, word will filter out, off site, I'm sure, but its not up to me to say 'who' on here. I just wanted a general consensus of opinion, as to how fellow SS members would feel, which I have got. As to rumours, If you are not one of my best mates and I don't pop in your house on a regular basis for a cup of tea, (Black, stirred anti-clockwise) Then you know it's nothing to do with any of your venues! :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Trevski...

if this has happened to your mate, did he

A - Tell you so you would tell everyone you knew.

B - Tell you in private.

C - Tell you to let everyone on Soul Source know one of its members stabed him in the back.

D - Tell you he spoke to the managment at the venue and all is sorted as its a sucess and they are happy for him to carry on.

E - Or do you just feel like causing agg today.

All hypothetical of course :wink:

By the way joking aside.. its out of orderthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Trevski...

B - Tell you in private.

C - Tell you to let everyone on Soul Source know one of its members stabed him in the back.

D - Tell you he spoke to the managment at the venue and all is sorted as its a sucess and they are happy for him to carry on.

All hypothetical of course :wink:

it is out of order but what a waste of a thread........

moldie

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Trevski...

B - Tell you in private.

All hypothetical of course wink.gif

B/ (but he didn't swear me to 'hypothetical' secrecy!)

E/ Always (allegedly)

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I cannot in due respect to my chum, name names. If he wants to come on and put the story, fine. He told me about this, and I take his word completely. The "other party' was confronted about it outside, and made a hasty retreat, after the Management, to their credit, spilled the beans. When I heard this, it got me soooo mad I decided to post the 'hypothetical' question, with the idea that the perpetrator would see how annoyed the general SS community were over his actions, and be duly shamed. I think this has been achieved. As the grapevine goes, word will filter out, off site, I'm sure, but its not up to me to say 'who' on here. I just wanted a general consensus of opinion, as to how fellow SS members would feel, which I have got. As to rumours, If you are not one of my best mates and I don't pop in your house on a regular basis for a cup of tea, (Black, stirred anti-clockwise) Then you know it's nothing to do with any of your venues! laugh.gif

I'm afraid i couldn't disagree more...

...tea should always be with lemon and stirred in a clockwise motion. angry.gif

Social source share

Guest Trevski

I'm afraid i couldn't disagree more...

...tea should always be with lemon and stirred in a clockwise motion. angry.gif

Philistine! Read " John Steed, The Gentleman's Guide to Afternoon Tea" Anti-Clockwise stirring makes for a stronger brew! (Tea should always be taken black, unless one personally knows the Cow from whence the milk came!) :hatsoff2:
Social source share

I would think the first reaction would be to rip his head off & sh#t down his neck but the thing to do is take the moral high ground & inform as many people who will listen about the deed that has been done. The next thing to do would be to wait to see if the individual confronts you with his legitimate reason for his actions, a meeting face to face with the individual would be the best thing to see if he has a valid point. If the individual doesn't confront you this is just an admition of his guilt & you know you can hold your head high & live with youself but can he....................then go kick f@ck out of him biggrin.gif

Seperated at birth,me and you Martyn.

Trev,how about.....

1/book him to dj

2/put him on between Butch and Karl Heard...or Mick H and Andy Dyson........

Humiliation is usually a leveller.

Social source share