Northern Soul's Fastest 45's

• Replies 160
  • Views 21k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

What L.J. Johnson?? You're kidding aren't you,mate??? Pat Powdrilll gets my vote....

Hello Webby

I'm not saying 'Your Magic' has the fastest tempo (although it's probably 140 BPM +) but that very rapid string line makes it seem even faster.

'Lovin' Is Really My Game' is even faster and again it has a racing string line

But a young lad like you shouldn't have any trouble dancing to "Do It".

:lol:

Social source share

Guest PaulBrown

Love the Superlatives - one of my all-time faves!

Would dance to it if it killed me....and prob'ly would!!

PAul

the superlatives......i still love you

FOOTSIE......

Social source share

Guest PaulBrown

Thinkin about it, after lookin thru all the great tunes here, it's ONLY the fast ones I like (oldies that is!)!!

Though have to say Kim Weston "Take me in your arms...." is pretty impossible!!

'mind is willing, but flesh is weak' moment coming on!!

Paul

Social source share

heard a thumper at radcliffe on sat, think andy d may have played it, old stafford tune if i remember, cant think of name but kept belting out 'you got good lovin':thumbsup:

Grant

This has to be Johnny James - Tell you about my girl (ain't that lovin') on Circle M.

Great Oakland 45 from 1964 and played by Guy from memory at Stafford.

Mark

Edited by littlestanley
Social source share

Hawaii 5-0 always had my legs going at 100mph, running off the dance floor when it came on, :wave:.

I used to do front and back somersaults to that when I was 14 right at the drum-roll breaks :rolleyes: Ahhh, what fabulous memories :no:

Social source share

Guest little glyn

the radiants, hold on as mentioned already (sure it did,nt seem that fast 20 years ago)

also the inbetweeners, she,s walking down a one way street.

al wilson, help me.

the traditions, my life with you.

bobby mandolph, got to get you back.

a good listen but much too quick to dance too now !!

Social source share

Gloria-WTF!

Been where there aint access to the WWW, hence delay in responding to this and also other nregative comments.

Soulcarp will back me when I say I have a decent collection of NS 45's BUT Northern is not the only music produced !!!!!!.

Gloria was thrown in to fcuk with a few heads, personally after a big roll up with plenty of green you hear things differently, however if you stick to whizz you'll never expand your musical tastes.

Theres another thread on here regarding parcels.....this week I've had three...2 were LP's The Outlaws first Album (country rock) from 1972 and Into the Purple valley - Rye Cooder, I'm also the guy who got the Billy Prophet single off Ebay for £50 a couple of weeks back after someone pointed out there was copy up for grabs.

KTF but open your ears !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few more speedy sounds

Tightrope - Inez and Charlie Foxx

Who Who song - Jackie Wilson

A quitter never wins - Larry Williams and Johnny Watson

Case of love - Sequins

All turned on - Bob Wilson

Angel Baby - Darrel Banks

Edited by DanDare
Social source share

Been where there aint access to the WWW, hence delay in responding to this and also other nregative comments.

Soulcarp will back me when I say I have a decent collection of NS 45's BUT Northern is not the only music produced !!!!!!.

Gloria was thrown in to fcuk with a few heads, personally after a big roll up with plenty of green you hear things differently, however if you stick to whizz you'll never expand your musical tastes.

Theres another thread on here regarding parcels.....this week I've had three...2 were LP's The Outlaws first Album (country rock) from 1972 and Into the Purple valley - Rye Cooder, I'm also the guy who got the Billy Prophet single off Ebay for £50 a couple of weeks back after someone pointed out there was copy up for grabs.

A few more speedy sounds

Case of love - Sequins

paul what about "chubby checker" girl you just don't know .. the two copys of which you wouldn't sell one to me back in what 70/71 yes you had a nice collection them days atb johno

Social source share

• 5 months later...

2 That spring to my mind ...

(and don't think they've been mentioned yet ??) ....

Lovettes - Little Miss Soul (Carnival)

Isley Brothers - Why When Love Is Gone (Tamla Motown / Tamla)

The latter blew me away when I first heard it when I was 14 years old and still amazes me today. :hatsoff2:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the fastest track to come out of the Motown studio's.

Fuc#in awesome !!

Social source share

Guest audiavant

A few more speedy sounds

Case of love - Sequins

Not interested in,nor influenced by,weed or speed.

Laura Brannigan has no place here,whatever you`ve been enjoying.

Your collection is irrelevant to this thread,or are you looking for justification of some sort?

I am sure that a lot of people on hear listen to "other stuff",myself included but its separate from this site-because its not soul,or northern.

Social source share

===========================================================

Tightrope fast?????? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :ohmy:

I think you should get on the Sanatogen Sir (as befits your age)......and leave the controlled substances alone........!!!:yes:

Best

dogstoat

everythings a bit pacey when you've been on the cypress hill fags :yes:

Social source share

Curtis Lee and the Kansas City Playboys-Quitting Time-Wheelsville is a real leg tangler, also deceptively quick is the brilliant Salvadors-Stick By Me Baby.

To be honest nowadays, anything quicker than Ray Pollards "The Drifter" would see me off :thumbsup:

Kev

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

Hi!

how about these ones:

Eddie Parker - I´m gone

Ree Floren - Look into my heart

Roy wright - Hook line sinker

Inticers - since you left

:rolleyes::):sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets:

not sure ediie parker's 'i'm gone' is fast, would of said 'love you baby' is much faster.

Social source share

Guest audiavant

I`m gone-not fast at all.

The Fast Show:-

Mello Souls,

John Leach,

Jerry Fuller,

Kelly Garrett,

The Hesitations.

:rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source