Help With First Dance Song Selection

Mike Shawe

• Replies 52
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

A friend has asked me for help in choosing a soul track as a first dance at their wedding, if anyone has any bright ideas please post something up, thanks.

I was thinking:

The Joytones 'This Love'

That's a great choice Mike. You could get a thousand different suggestions - I guess it's what sort of dancers the happy couple are.

Peter

Social source share

There's a few Detroit Emeralds tunes that might fit the bill....

'Do me right', 'Baby let me take you (in my arms)', 'You want it you got it', 'feel the need', 'Wear this ring' has the perfect lyrics...

Wear this ring with love forever

Wear this ring with love

This ring means I love you

And this ring means you love me too

It's a ring to seal our love together

You for me, me always for you

And you be my woman

And, baby, I'll be your man

If you just wear this ring

With love forever

This ring will tell a story

Think of all the good things we got to

Settle down and have two little children

A boy for me and a

Sweet little girl for you

How sweet it is for a

Man to love his woman

And, baby, for a woman

To love her man

Please, wear this ring with love

(Promise me, baby) forever

Forever (I know you're gonna do it for me)

Forever (ever and ever) and more

Wear this ring with love (hey)

Wear this ring with love (listen now)

Now just put this ring on your finger

And we will be on a ship of love

You and me having lots of fun together

Making real, all the things we dream of

How sweet it is for a

Man to love his woman

And, baby, for a woman

To love her man

Please, wear this ring with love

(Promise me, baby)

Wear this ring with love

(Don't ever pull it off of your finger)

Wear this ring with love

(I know you're gonna)

Wear this ring with love

(You're gonna do it for me now)

Edited by MrC
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Ebonystic - Married To One (In Love With Another)

Chuck Bernard or Billy Bland - She's Already Married

Gene Chandler - Not The Marrying Kind

Lou Johnson - Please Stop the Wedding

James Carpenter - (Marriage Is Only) A State Of Mind

:wicked:

or

Johnny Moore - (I Wanna) Spend The Rest Of My Life

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

A friend has asked me for help in choosing a soul track as a first dance at their wedding, if anyone has any bright ideas please post something up, thanks.

I was thinking:

The Joytones 'This Love'

Hey Mate when's the wedding (date)

Garry Huxley

Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

Hey Mate when's the wedding (date)

Garry Huxley

P.S. I was thinking back to the 80's when a certain couple were unsure about their first record, It was in June so i suggeste, Reflections June bride, So i duly went and got a demo, as he was a scooter boy, Got the poser chiltern radio dj to play it, And later put it in a frame and gave it as a wedding pressie, (Yeah i know what your thinkin, CHEAPSKATE) But i got so many cuddles off the bride, ("Oh Garry your so romantic") And more from bridesmaids !!!!!!!

Garry Huxley

Social source share

Just a thought, instead of them picking a song from a list of soul source suggestions. Maybe get them to draw up a list of their favorite soul songs they feel suitable for the occasion? I personally wouldn't want to pick a song that I've never heard before or a song that didn't have a personal connection with. Unless of course, one of these suggestions blows them away! :thumbsup:

personally though, something like the Impressions - I'm The One Who Loves You or if they like 70's stuff, The Street People - I Wanna Spend My Whole Life With You

Edited by NorthernJordan
Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

The Blues Busters "Behold"

And the ska version is even better! Should they not be deciding on a song themselves???!!!

WOW What a tune Can you post the ska version.

This one is superb highland soul.

Garry

Social source share

P.S. I was thinking back to the 80's when a certain couple were unsure about their first record, It was in June so i suggeste, Reflections June bride, So i duly went and got a demo, as he was a scooter boy, Got the poser chiltern radio dj to play it, And later put it in a frame and gave it as a wedding pressie, (Yeah i know what your thinkin, CHEAPSKATE) But i got so many cuddles off the bride, ("Oh Garry your so romantic") And more from bridesmaids !!!!!!!

Garry Huxley

Will do some more research and let you guys know the date. They really don't have much of an idea what to chose, so the most fitting tune will be fine it seems, doing a favour for a work colleague, it's his wedding :)

Social source share

Two ideal tunes would be Make Me Yours Bettye Swann and Some Kind of Wonderful by The Del Royals. Words of both are pretty romantic and appropriate for that first dance for the couple. You're gonna have to play a lot of these suggestions to the couple Mike. :lol:

By the way, I cannot find Some Kind of Wonderful by The Del Royals on You Tube anymore. Anyone know why that might be and more importantly can anyone put it back up please? :thumbsup:

Kind regards.

Drew.

Edited by Drew3
Social source share

Guest scottie

mike come on its got to be "hey-sah-lo ney" mickey lee ward.lets get this party started.still thats a scot talking you know what they say theres more fun at a scottish funeral than an english wedding.only joking pal whatever tune you play have a great day a`the best pal

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert