Instrumentals

You're totally misunderstanding what I meant, what I meant was that I would have listed Bari Track immediately but whenever we've done the topic before, I always list it, so thats what I meant when I said people would get fed up of seeing me list it.

Hope that makes sense. Nothing to do with you listing it.

I'm understanding you fully, I wasn't listing it as a candidate, I also didn't mean I'm surprised YOU haven't mentioned it,

I was surprised ALL the OTHER members that have contributed hadn't mentioned it among all the other classics mentioned, that's all,

Hope that's clear now :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 258
  • Views 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

mayfield players considered a classic yet ? if not it should be

frantic escape - back in 70s it just sounded ordinary, when revisited it in  later years it sounded like a different record, the way it builds etc etc
wiser ears?

It's the playing on it, they sound demented, really really giving it some.  Wonder if there's a long lost vocal somewhere.

Social source share

I`m with Mr Pete Smith on this one, possibly one of the greatest instrumentals ever in my book

Me too - and the fact it got picked up by Atlantic must say something about how good it is.

The local Pameline release has a louder and fuller sound compared to the Atlantic copies  :yes:

Cheers

Richard

• Helpful 2
Social source share

It's the playing on it, they sound demented, really really giving it some.  Wonder if there's a long lost vocal somewhere.

yep and to me every so often its like they take a side step and then crack on but each time just that bit more  frantic - imagine there's a few musical terms that says it better

a vocal would just get in the way    :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

yep and to me every so often its like they take a side step and then crack on but each time just that bit more  frantic - imagine there's a few musical terms that says it better

a vocal would just get in the way    :D

Agreed Mike would take on hell of a lyricist to put vocals to that lol, sounds to me like they were jamming and just came up with something. Fantastic record.

Social source share

Me too - and the fact it got picked up by Atlantic must say something about how good it is.

The local Pameline release has a louder and fuller sound compared to the Atlantic copies  :yes:

Cheers

Richard nice track Richard,buts it just goes on and on, for me coming home in the morning, from some donkey orchestra good track billy

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

Keb playing chaumonts - now you've gone at 100 club completely blew me away. 83-84? Asked him for it a few weeks later "sold it"

My little girl - mirwood

6 x6

Social source share

mayfield players considered a classic yet ? if not it should be

frantic escape - back in 70s it just sounded ordinary, when revisited it in  later years it sounded like a different record, the way it builds etc etc
wiser ears?

Yes!! Play this out when i get a chance,to good response. Pameline of course. :D

Social source share

detroit land apples , love that,   the thread has got me thinking, where do sounds like   spooners crowd ,  two in the morning ,   frankie ( loveman ) crocker , ton of dynamite, fit, ?   not strictly instrumentals, but could hardly be considered vocals either, both brilliant by the way. 

Social source share

when i was young this was my fave.

young holt unlimited / califonia montage / brunswick  alsa heard only off kent lp.i could never find a copy then,even tho wasnt dear.

my fave now is  four bros / cool jerk / carla 

b-side of let it all reach out...aka four pros but was withdrawn due to wrong group name put on label.cant find a clip & not aloud to put up mp3,note for note same as capitols i think.

Social source share

Jimmy Wisner - Choppin' Around - Atlantic.

Barely known by anyone nowadays.

Old John Vincent cover up.

Incredible.

Don't know about a "cover up" always thought it was a known sound - picked one up from Contempo 1971 whilst trying to get a copy of San Remo's - Festival Time which was the biggest Instrumental sound at the time. Was soon overtaken by Cigarette Ashes though.

Social source share

How about this for a forgotten oldie?

This is not THE CAT WALK it is the other side LITTLE BIT OF SOUL. When this booted in the early 70's they put the labels on the wrong sides and because most people have got a bootleg they think this is THE CAT WALK even Kev Roberts who put this up on one of his compilations mis-titled it. When it was first played at the Mecca by Tony Jebb it was the other side that got played and it is definitely THE CAT WALK - here it is

Social source share

This is not THE CAT WALK it is the other side LITTLE BIT OF SOUL. When this booted in the early 70's they put the labels on the wrong sides and because most people have got a bootleg they think this is THE CAT WALK even Kev Roberts who put this up on one of his compilations mis-titled it. When it was first played at the Mecca by Tony Jebb it was the other side that got played and it is definitely THE CAT WALK - here it is

Yes, I know - see post # 125. I copied it from YouTube without listening to it first   :unsure:

Edited by Missing Link
Social source share

Guest mickeyb

Making up time  - The Holidays - Thanks to Jerry Hipkiss for the education to a then callow youth.

South Memphis - The Memphians - Thanks to Dave T for having the cojones to play this and many more like it.

The Gallop - Milton Wright and the Terra Shirma Strings (Tettragrammaton?) - why has no one mentioned this? It's not a dreaded Top 500 is it?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!