Press The Repeat Button

:elvis: In your car the CD players on and your faverette Northern/Modern Soul playing, you hear a track you love play and press the repeat button. Bit of fun, Name that tune.

One for me- Jr walkers- what does it take.  Rod Clegg :yes:

Edited by Rodders22
Social source share

Rod, good point. Car definitely in the need of a good wash.

Hey Benji, I went for a MRI scan on my liver this week! They told me it could take a while, so to relax and listen to the music on headphones;;; guess what   Rose Royce   but what tune ? Had to laugh ,  you've a banded me. True story. Rod :yes:

Social source share

:hatsoff2:

i made an uptempo gospel mix for a friend's website and was checking the CD of tunes i burned. can't stop repeating The Followers - "my god said it" (Roulette gospel LP featuring a young Nick Ashford and Val Simpson) 

check it!

Northern soul has a lot to thank gospel for, great voice , great track, full of a motion. The roots of soul music. Rod :yes:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Barry, K Jon,s version of Marvin Gaye- Come get to this.   Top notch.  Ps How's mouldie these days. Rod Clegg Ex the Mill

Hi Rod.. both tracks from the 'Man' album, played the Marvin Gaye track out a couple of times, the Winter track is going down well on the modern scene, not seen Moldie for a while but have spoken to him on the phone...

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Clarence Carter "Slip Away" always gets the multiple repeat treatment.

Monumental record in the development of my personal soul music taste. Had heard it so many times and then one day "bam" and south of the Mason-Dixon here I come

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

Guitar Ray.

I drive my wife crazy by putting it on rewind  and singing/shouting "HOW MANY MORE YEARS - ARE YOU GOING TO WRECK MY LIFE  !?"

She like it really..... :lol:

Social source share

Don't have a car now, but the last track I had on repeat before I sold it was Marva Holiday - It's Written All Over My Face... 

Social source share

The Ravenettes, since you been gone. As well as Bob Brady and the Conchords,Goodbye Baby. Get plenty of time to listen properly to loads of tunes, as I work nights driving my article around the country. Makes the miles fly by. Hugh

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest manusf3a

Clarence Carter "Slip Away" always gets the multiple repeat treatment.

Monumental record in the development of my personal soul music taste. Had heard it so many times and then one day "bam" and south of the Mason-Dixon here I come

loved it from the off first hearing,still loving it great lyrics great voice great everything!

Edited by manusf3a
Social source share

:thumbsup:

The Ravenettes, since you been gone. As well as Bob Brady and the Conchords,Goodbye Baby. Get plenty of time to listen properly to loads of tunes, as I work nights driving my article around the country. Makes the miles fly by. Hugh

Same as Hugh, I'm a night Driver for Royal Mail, so I get mates from different areas to send me CD's from their local gigs. That how I track down new stuff to me, great choice of music mate and keep on trucking.  Rod :hatsoff2:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest manusf3a

Home made mix cd the impressions ,"You ought to be in heaven",always go for a repeat and then some,then from the superfly cd "Nothing on me", on mates cds  when in the car with them anything by Curtis  or the imps if on as a single track gets a "Go on can you play that again",Albums by the same lots I go for a repeat with.Could be I love Curtis Mayfield and the Imps,no need to repeat that,course I do.

Social source share

Guest cjlovesjazz

Now this is confessing time. While cleaning the record room I found a CD that somehow slipped behind a small cupboard. Obviously homemade w/out any name, title or whatever written on it. Couldnt remember the CD at all. Being curious I took the CD with me the next time I drove the car. first track, and it instantly got repeated plays: Rose Royce - Car Wash.

I love it. My favourite track from Car Wash soundtrack is "Righteous Rhythm" - I can never play that just once.

Social source share

:thumbsup:

Same as Hugh, I'm a night Driver for Royal Mail, so I get mates from different areas to send me CD's from their local gigs. That how I track down new stuff to me, great choice of music mate and keep on trucking.  Rod :hatsoff2:

Thanks Rod, last night I must have played Billy,s Bag by Billy Preston about 35 times, then followed it every time with Sos by Today's people. Cruise set and stomping up and down the M6. Be safe mate. Hugh

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Last song I had on constant repeat in the car was Corey Glover - Little Girl, didn't know who it was or what it was called though, had to dig out the CD cover in the house before I could find it on You Tube, thought it was called "Trying To Make Sense Of It All", if you see me driving along singing at the top of my voice you'll know I have it on repeat again! 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Last song I had on constant repeat in the car was Corey Glover - Little Girl, didn't know who it was or what it was called though, had to dig out the CD cover in the house before I could find it on You Tube, thought it was called "Trying To Make Sense Of It All", if you see me driving along singing at the top of my voice you'll know I have it on repeat again! 

:ohmy: Hey Carol, I've seen you on the road I think ! But why where you shaking your fist while driving. Or was it to do with my driving. :)  :yes:  :D  :lol: As for your choice in music, speaks for its self when you DJ.. See you soon. Rod

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!