nickw profile photo

Darrell Banks - Open The Door To Your Heart/our Love

Posted

9 hours ago, cover-up said:

Is it the same copy or has a second one turned up? 🤔

maybe  @Omega Auctions can offer some more 'official' details/background on this.... ?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
23 hours ago, Mike said:

maybe  @Omega Auctions can offer some more 'official' details/background on this.... ?

Hi all, yes, it is indeed the same copy, unplayed since the owner bought from JM's auction. Viewing is Monday morning here and Tuesday before the sale starts. We're happy to answer any questions here, on the phone or via email (all on website contact page) if anyone has any.  Thanks!

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Sold for £15,000 plus min. 25.5% commission

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I've got to say that that is a thing of beauty. Can't stop looking at it.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

This should serve as a warning to anybody thinking of selling through a trad auction house, the final sale was minus 28.8% of 15000 = £4320 = a  takehome of £10,680 ! A loss of £4000 off the original price he bought it for

Edited by airfixkid
wrong quote

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
38 minutes ago, airfixkid said:

This should serve as a warning to anybody thinking of selling through a trad auction house, the final sale was minus 28.8% of 15000 = £4320 = a  takehome of £10,680 ! A loss of £4000 off the original price he bought it for

Thought Manship sold for about £13500? I stand to be corrected😄

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Does seller not get 15k ?

Auction house charges buyer 28.8% of sell price.

Or have I got this arse over elbow?

Edited by Headsy

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

They charge in the region of 20% + VAT for the pleasure of selling it for you, so seller gets around £11400 of the £15000 sale price

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Julianb said:

Thought Manship sold for about £13500? I stand to be corrected😄

And he took his cut off that 15% ? 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Headsy said:

Generally speaking when you bid at an auction house you'll pay selling fees on top of the purchased/bid price.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
16 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

And he took his cut off that 15% ? 

I've not sold through John recently, but I think he charges 20% now. I could be wrong though. I'm sure someone on here ( or John himself) can put us right on this.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
3 hours ago, airfixkid said:

Hammer price was £15,000. Buyer pays the auction house the hammer price plus fees, thought to be 24% plus VAT if buyer was in the room. Auction House receives the fees. Seller receives the hammer price less commission. Standard sellers commission at Omega is 17.5% plus VAT plus a £3 lot fee although sellers commission can be negotiated for high value articles. 

Consequently the worst case scenario is that the seller paid Omega £3,153 for the privilege.

Like bookies, the real winner here is the auction house.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
13 hours ago, Headsy said:

The seller gets charged commission and the buyer gets charged commission too. So, the auction house takes, for example, 20% from the buyer AND 20% from the seller making a 40% commission. Nice work if you can get it...

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Ive been corrected on another forum, the total fee to the seller was 28.8%  ergo 28.8% fee of £15000 = £4320 

The buyer would have payed £15,000 + 33.6% Fees (as he was bidding on The-Saleroom website, total paid = £20,040.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, airfixkid said:

Ive been corrected on another forum, the total fee to the seller was 28.8%  ergo 28.8% fee of £15000 = £4320 

The buyer would have payed £15,000 + 33.6% Fees (as he was bidding on The-Saleroom website, total paid = £20,040.

just for clarity, given that have had a few figures now, it may be best if you say who provided the above figures...
was it the seller, buyer...  etc?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, Mike said:

just for clarity, given that have had a few figures now, it may be best if you say who provided the above figures...
was it the seller, buyer...  etc?

calling @Omega Auctions can you add to this....

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
19 hours ago, cover-up said:

The seller gets charged commission and the buyer gets charged commission too. So, the auction house takes, for example, 20% from the buyer AND 20% from the seller making a 40% commission. Nice work if you can get it...

Some auction houses have a sliding scale on commission dependent on the item value.  What gets me though is why do you pay VAT on 2nd hand goods. Some relatively new items will already have had the VAT  paid as a new purchase.  

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

You pay VAT on the commission not the 2nd hand goods Steve

Share this forum post

soul source url

Look At Your Box - Source Forum

Get into the record & soul music talk

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Darrell Banks, Chris Teller & Kings Go Forth
    Record Sales by Beatin Rhythm on Sun 22 Mar 2020
    • 1 / 443
    • Beatin Rhythm on 22 Mar 2020
  2. Simply Soul - OPEN FOR BUSINESS ON-LINE 24 HOURS A DAY !
    Soul Website Sales by S&m on Fri 20 Mar 2020
    • 1 / 242
    • S&M on 20 Mar 2020
  3. Darrell Banks ~ I'm The One Who Loves You ~ Volt
    Record Sales by Soulgalore on Mon 09 Mar 2020
    • 1 / 320
    • Soulgalore on 09 Mar 2020
  4. Soul Auction 10th March - inc Darrell Banks on London..
    Soul Website Sales by Omega Auctions on Tue 03 Mar 2020
    • 1 / 585
    • Omega Auctions on 03 Mar 2020

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.