tomangoes

Tearjerkers - what does it for you?

13 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Proper nighter tune 

Steve 

To right Steve, I hadn't heard it before until three years ago when Ted Massey did a guest spot at a Soul Night here in Poole, it certainly got my attention. 

30 minutes ago, Roburt said:

Same song ... 

must say that i prefer the Sandra Phillips version. Think that Dolly Parton would have been good covering this though (weird thought).

I think I got this LP around 76, and did not know any of the tracks, and certainly none were being played at Cleggy WG at the time.

Maxine just blew me away, and the crescendo at the end is sublime.

Gets right to the spot.

Ed

I unfortunately had to attend a Family Funeral today, what I didn't allow for was this Soul Masterpiece from Roberta Flack to be played during the service when as you can imagine you could have heard a pin drop, it was just to much for me to take....:( :( :( 

1 hour ago, Bruv said:

I unfortunately had to attend a Family Funeral today, what I didn't allow for was this Soul Masterpiece from Roberta Flack to be played during the service when as you can imagine you could have heard a pin drop, it was just to much for me to take....:( :( :( 

Sorry for your loss. A dear friend of mine passed this week and Roberta can certainly make you ponder what life is all about...

Ed

@Bruv i wanted to give you a thumbs up for your choice of record but under the circumstances it doesn't seem appropriate. So sorry for your loss pal.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.