Amsterdam Russ's profile photo

Show us your great photos (2019)

Freebasing Amsterdam Russ

Posted
2 hours ago, Philippe said:

It's almost too perfect !

zzzzzzzzzz.png

Looks like a trail camera that shoots video has been used to me then frames downloaded  and stiched together and Photoshop or other editing software used to complete the picture. Its just to perfect. Perfectly framed, ( I know that can be cropped )  Flat calm lake, blue sky. Fluffy clouds  Sun burst over right wing,   But what do i know , 

Steve ( the cynical ) Smith 

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted
52 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Looks like a trail camera that shoots video has been used to me then frames downloaded  and stiched together and Photoshop or other editing software used to complete the picture. Its just to perfect. Perfectly framed, ( I know that can be cropped )  Flat calm lake, blue sky. Fluffy clouds  Sun burst over right wing,   But what do i know , 

Steve ( the cynical ) Smith 

From the entry guidelines for the competition...

ADJUSTMENT THAT ARE NOT ALLOWED
Composites and sandwich shots that add elements.
Removing elements from the scene.
Use of the cloning, stamping, and healing brush tools.
Stitching for panoramic.
Multiple exposures that are not a part of a focus-stacked image
HDR composites.
The use of artistic digital filters and effects which do not show
the scene in its natural way.
All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as
it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard adjustments
will be disqualified.

Source: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vG07USON6Bvo_Z4wfAnbYDfh5sRNYyt1/view

soul source url
Posted

Holding The FA Cup . The Road To Wembley. 

20190810_142702.jpg

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Longridge Town won 6 . 1 

soul source url
Posted
On 10/08/2019 at 14:17, Amsterdam Russ said:

From the entry guidelines for the competition...

Source: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vG07USON6Bvo_Z4wfAnbYDfh5sRNYyt1/view

Thanks Russell.  Only on my mobile so couldn't get all the information.  Would love to have the picture details and story behind it. 

soul source url
Posted
9 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thanks Russell.  Only on my mobile so couldn't get all the information.  Would love to have the picture details and story behind it. 

Had a search for info about the pic and found this brief description in a press release put out by the organisers of the competition...

This year’s Grand Prize image, titled “Black Grouse Showing Off” by photographer Audun Rikardsen of Tromsø, Norway, provides a glimpse at the showy display of a black grouse looking to impress female birds from atop his coastal lookout. Rikardsen spent three years preparing for the shot, and while his original goal was to photograph majestic golden eagles, it was a happy coincidence that this charismatic grouse frequently returned and became comfortable in front of the camera. Rikardsen, who grew up in a small Norwegian fishing community, draws inspiration from his lifelong fascination with the Artic’s rugged landscape and wildlife.

Source: https://www.calacademy.org/press/releases/winning-images-from-the-academys-annual-bigpicture-photography-competition-announced

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Just been looking at the website of the competition winner, Audun Rikardsen. All I can say is WOW - amazing photos!!

Website here: www.audunrikardsen.com/

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Just been looking at the website of the competition winner, Audun Rikardsen. All I can say is WOW - amazing photos!!

Website here: www.audunrikardsen.com

They're incredible!  😯.  Almost as good as the ones on here 😉 😂

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted

Imagine being as talented as that. 😵

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
28 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

Imagine being as talented as that. 😵

Only in my dreams!

soul source url
Posted

It's a bit like looking into another world? Beautifully surreal. The colours, light, texture, movement.  It's better than eyesight, and that's a difficult concept to grasp. You think that the human eye captures the raw essence of everything it sees, but when you look at those photos...it's a whole new dimension isn't it.  Clever, clever guy.  So glad to have had the opportunity to see them.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
4 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Website here: www.audunrikardsen.com/

Wow, fantastic photos 👍 As a coincidence, we have been looking at going to Norway, the Loften Isles, as we know a few people who have been. Might have to look a bit harder now 👍

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
3 hours ago, Flamingemeralds said:

They're incredible!  😯.  Almost as good as the ones on here 😉😂

We can only dream.  

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Soulandy said:

Wow, fantastic photos 👍 As a coincidence, we have been looking at going to Norway, the Loften Isles, as we know a few people who have been. Might have to look a bit harder now 👍

My brother went to the Lofoten islands some years back and loved the scenery and mountain climbing there. I’m sure you’d really enjoy it.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Now here's a spectacular photo I took last night. My lemons were looking a bit....vacant....so.....

IMG_20190809_212102771~2_1565382469545.png

• Up vote 7

soul source url
Posted

Dashed out in the rain to the local supermarket 20 minutes ago and was rewarded with this lovely sight on the way back.

888461393_20190813AalsmeerRainbow-web.thumb.jpg.9dab8573a1b4f201ac718575c14a6a73.jpg

• Up vote 11

soul source url
Posted
25 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Dashed out in the rain to the local supermarket 20 minutes ago and was rewarded with this lovely sight on the way back.

888461393_20190813AalsmeerRainbow-web.thumb.jpg.9dab8573a1b4f201ac718575c14a6a73.jpg

That's a cracker 👍

soul source url
Posted
12 minutes ago, Soulandy said:

That's a cracker 👍

Thanks - it was worth getting wet for!

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
12 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Brilliant picture Russell.  Love the framing of the building with the rainbow 

Steve 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
20 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Steve 

It's great isn't it!  A bit jaw dropping. 😲

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Steve 

Thanks. It only needed me to shuffle about a little bit - a couple of metres to the left - to get it how you see it. Otherwise it was almost perfectly framed as soon as I saw it. 

The only challenge was in balancing an open brolly between my left arm and shoulder while trying to get the pic with my trusty iPhone 5! 🤣

Edited by Amsterdam Russ
  • Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
23 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

You've beaten my lemons! 😲😉

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
58 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

You've beaten my lemons! 😲😉

Lemon squash? 😜

soul source url
Posted

Whilst blackberry picking today in Burton on Trent, heard a high pitched buzzing.. further investigation of a nearby hedge unearthed several of these critters... !!

IMG_2568 (2).JPG

• Up vote 1

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.