Amsterdam Russ profile photo

Show us your great photos (2019)

Posted
1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

That looks good Russell.  Enjoy your holiday 

Steve 

Cheers, Steve. Must admit that it’s becoming something of an all-day breakfast. Well, the 3rd part of it specifically. 😉

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Lake Windermere.....

FB_IMG_1558789393545.thumb.jpg.cab2bb1dedbdf3b27da48a4dff445880.jpg

 

FB_IMG_1558789411467.thumb.jpg.af82239712041fc2b059b05cde62ba80.jpg

  • Up vote 9

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
10 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Early yesterday evening - looking towards Molyvos harbour on the Greek island of Lesvos.

02E90C4F-66A1-48DC-BEE5-5B507AF1D3E9.thumb.jpeg.d02aae86dacbd95aaec6b2c91d466989.jpeg

It was a bit overcast and breezy, but expecting things to brighten up today. 

We holidayed there about 30 years ago, completely unspoiled and amazing island, in fact we stayed at a very similar point as in your photo. It was at the time one of their hottest summers on record. I`d love to go back to see how much it`s changed.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

You don`t have to put on the red light!

wok san.jpg

  • Up vote 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Steve Lane said:

We holidayed there about 30 years ago, completely unspoiled and amazing island, in fact we stayed at a very similar point as in your photo. It was at the time one of their hottest summers on record. I`d love to go back to see how much it`s changed.

It’s 10 years since our first visit and in that time it’s hardly changed at all. The biggest change has been the dramatic decline in tourist numbers since the refugee crisis.

And even a few years on, people we know here are saying this is the worst start to a season they’ve ever known. Given that tourism in Molyvos was down by 80% about three years ago, that’s something to be feared at the local level. Still, as always, folks here remain ever optimistic and take a long-term view. 

Here’s hoping that optimism is justified.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Haircut time

Ed

 

IMG_20190525_0737544.jpg

IMG_20190525_1430432.jpg

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

It’s 10 years since our first visit and in that time it’s hardly changed at all. The biggest change has been the dramatic decline in tourist numbers since the refugee crisis.

And even a few years on, people we know here are saying this is the worst start to a season they’ve ever known. Given that tourism in Molyvos was down by 80% about three years ago, that’s something to be feared at the local level. Still, as always, folks here remain ever optimistic and take a long-term view. 

Here’s hoping that optimism is justified.

Do they still have 2 prices in shops and cafes, one price for tourists and one for locals? I found that quite funny but typically Greek.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
On 21/05/2019 at 08:08, Jaco said:

The 4.15 from Ho Chi Minh city will arrive at at your front door on time

C3A1F3C8-F572-434F-AE37-72BDAAD3B49E.jpeg

There is no "did you hear that train last night love" 😮😮 closer than close 😂

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Blackcap  ( male  )

Taken at Pennington flash in the lovely morning sunshine 

Steve 

2019-05-25_07-25-16.jpg

  • Up vote 10
  • Thanks 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
13 hours ago, Steve Lane said:

Do they still have 2 prices in shops and cafes, one price for tourists and one for locals? I found that quite funny but typically Greek.

Never experienced or seen that at all. Never heard of any tourist have that happen to them here - and I belong to a sizeable Molyvos Facebook group. 👍

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Puffin island cafe in Angelsey Wales

20190524_074639.jpg

  • Up vote 6

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
14 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Blackcap  ( male  )

Taken at Pennington flash in the lovely morning sunshine 

Steve 

2019-05-25_07-25-16.jpg

Fairly sure not all Blackcaps migrate.Must be warmer winters.Nice piccy.

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, NCFC said:

Fairly sure not all Blackcaps migrate.Must be warmer winters.Nice piccy.

 

Thanks mate.  Yeah there's a few that over winter in different parts of the country according to the reports. 

I'm sure Martyn Pitt on here has had a pair of them in his Midlands garden  through the winter

Steve 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
8 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thanks mate.  Yeah there's a few that over winter in different parts of the country according to the reports. 

I'm sure Martyn Pitt on here has had a pair of them in his Midlands garden  through the winter

Steve 

Good to see you and Martyn last night at Bury town hall, very rare for the three of us to be in the same room,

That was a great photo opportunity missed.

Ste.

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
21 minutes ago, Widnes63 said:

Good to see you and Martyn last night at Bury town hall, very rare for the three of us to be in the same room,

That was a great photo opportunity missed.

Ste.

Cheers mate.  Always good to see you and catch up. 

Martyn n Carol Pitt had to rush off back to Lilliput. 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
3 hours ago, Pablorally said:

Puffin island cafe in Angelsey Wales

20190524_074639.jpg

A mate has a Yacht at Conwy and we had a fab day out last year around Puffin Island and Anglesey.....

 

DSC01865.JPG

DSC01880.JPG

DSC01871.JPG

DSC01873.JPG

  • Up vote 9

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
5 minutes ago, Zed1 said:

A mate has a Yacht at Conwy and we had a fab day out last year around Puffin Island and Anglesey.....

 

DSC01865.JPG

DSC01880.JPG

DSC01871.JPG

DSC01873.JPG

Gaz hope you and Debs are both well, nice photos mate, any idea what the building and chimneys were used for ?

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
2 minutes ago, Widnes63 said:

Gaz hope you and Debs are both well, nice photos mate, any idea what the building and chimneys were used for ?

We're good Ste. Yourself?....

The Buildings are the old Anglesey Brickworks.  http://www.penmorfa.com/porthwen/  

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
Just now, Zed1 said:

We're good Ste. Yourself?....

The Buildings are the old Anglesey Brickworks.  http://www.penmorfa.com/porthwen/  

I'm good, thanks for that, I will have a look at the link 👍

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Molyvos, on the Greek island of Lesvos, and lunch...was...great! 

16596147-56C2-4BF7-9547-F08B12506A8A.thumb.jpeg.b260d84d7341cc4817e98271d063dfbf.jpeg

  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
3 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Cheers mate.  Always good to see you and catch up. 

Martyn n Carol Pitt had to rush off back to Lilliput. 

Was warned cannot use photos from Soul Events . We did well at Accrington Town Hall. 

200+ attending sound sytem after few tweaks perfection.  

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

Was warned cannot use photos from Soul Events . We did well at Accrington Town Hall. 

200+ attending sound sytem after few tweaks perfection.  

Glad to hear that you had a good night, wanted to visit but already arranged to catch up with some friends . 

Maybe next time.  

There was no intention to post any photos from last night mate. Save them for the gallery.  Not that I ever take the camera to soul nights or nighters, strictly nature photographs for me

Steve 

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Haircut 2

Ed

IMG_20190525_1028474.jpg

IMG-20190526-WA0001~2.jpeg

  • Up vote 5

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

It was over 30 years ago, mainly the cafe`s and restaurants, but I assure you it was there Russ:thumbsup:.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
5 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thanks mate.  Yeah there's a few that over winter in different parts of the country according to the reports. 

I'm sure Martyn Pitt on here has had a pair of them in his Midlands garden  through the winter

Steve 

Yes seen them here in Norfolk during winter.Saw a swallow on December the 4th 2018😮 was that surprised i remembered date.

Thought no way it would survive being from a possible late brood but turns out it was a red rumped swallow.

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Here's a couple of pics I took of a Sedge Warbler last week. 

 Sedge Warblers are quite easy to photograph near reed beds as they show themselves whilst singing, usually on a small bush in the reeds.  Reed Warblers and Cettis Warblers are more elusive and skulk about low down in the reeds. 

  

Sedge Warbler 2.JPG

Sedge Warbler.JPG

  • Up vote 13

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Had Cetti,s warblers less than 3 ft away but couldn't get a photo.  Sedge Warbler photograph is completely missing from my portfolio,  need to get one. 

Great picture by the way

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
12 hours ago, Steve Lane said:

It was over 30 years ago, mainly the cafe`s and restaurants, but I assure you it was there Russ:thumbsup:.

Thankfully the situation changed somewhere in that time. It’s all very open and honest here with restaurants being obliged to advise in their menus that if you don’t get a proper bill, you’re not obliged to pay. They’re also obliged by law to tell you if anything on the menu is being cooked from frozen rather than fresh. Hardly anything is frozen, but it’s always good to know so you can make an informed decision. 👍

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Greetings from Molyvos...

B7446C85-C8D3-46CE-93B0-CFC14CDECB17.thumb.jpeg.8627a81a9ba62b6b904b773db7ee91d1.jpeg

  • Up vote 4

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
6 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Greetings from Molyvos...

B7446C85-C8D3-46CE-93B0-CFC14CDECB17.thumb.jpeg.8627a81a9ba62b6b904b773db7ee91d1.jpeg

Καλή όρεξη

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
9 hours ago, TattooDave said:

Καλή όρεξη

Efcharisto. We had aubergine purée followed by a dish of small fried fish (red bream) for me and a grilled red snapper for my other half, washed down with a very nice bottle of dry white made in Limnos. 👍

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Efcharisto. We had aubergine purée followed by a dish of small fried fish (red bream) for me and a grilled red snapper for my other half, washed down with a very nice bottle of dry white made in Limnos. 👍

It wouldn't do for me Russ, apart from the aubergine purée and the wine, I used to do a bit of island hoping, and find myself answering the Spanish in Greek (I put it down to old age and alcohol).

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Just another day in Molyvos...

E53A9FBC-9944-4C0B-8401-F95CB9341008.thumb.jpeg.ce3df802875991b048ddd7a679df4496.jpeg

  • Up vote 4

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Was right pissed off .

No matter how well I slashed it . Just couldn't bag a goal 

 

20190528_220854.jpg

  • Up vote 6

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
21 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Just another day in Molyvos...

E53A9FBC-9944-4C0B-8401-F95CB9341008.thumb.jpeg.ce3df802875991b048ddd7a679df4496.jpeg

Have you done the trip to rabbit island yet Russ?

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, Steve Lane said:

Have you done the trip to rabbit island yet Russ?

Many times with our friend Stratis, but not so far this holiday. Next week, I reckon. 👍

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
On 29/05/2019 at 09:46, Soulfulmerlin said:

Was right pissed off .

No matter how well I slashed it . Just couldn't bag a goal 

 

20190528_220854.jpg

Classy!

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

🤣🎯

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
On 31/05/2019 at 10:29, Soulfulmerlin said:

🤣🎯

😆

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Morecambe Bay yesterday evening.

IMG_20190601_195656023~2.jpg

  • Up vote 9

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Flamingemeralds said:

Morecambe Bay yesterday evening.

IMG_20190601_195656023~2.jpg

I just told my daughter that my photo had two votes and she said "Wow!? Really?! That's more than the Conservatives?".. 😂

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

P1000785.thumb.JPG.e79cac01d48108e3d6b91e5f92733fc8.JPG

Chuck Jackson Pose - Look Over Your Shoulder

 

P1000786.thumb.JPG.eedce9b85f0e7e4fd63717cf0e4060ff.JPG

Four Spotted Chaser 

 

P1000792.thumb.JPG.848d1ac637b33168401995959d502a63.JPG

Swallow

 

P1000807.thumb.JPG.b0313bcd0dadfdd31409670cb296f7f0.JPG

Young Chaffinch

 

P1000830.thumb.JPG.25e02ff44e66d99af746eb0677457d44.JPG

Peacock Butterfly Drinking Nectar

  • Up vote 9

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
3 minutes ago, Johnny Jones said:

P1000785.thumb.JPG.e79cac01d48108e3d6b91e5f92733fc8.JPG

Chuck Jackson Pose - Look Over Your Shoulder

 

P1000786.thumb.JPG.eedce9b85f0e7e4fd63717cf0e4060ff.JPG

Four Spotted Chaser 

 

P1000792.thumb.JPG.848d1ac637b33168401995959d502a63.JPG

Swallow

 

P1000807.thumb.JPG.b0313bcd0dadfdd31409670cb296f7f0.JPG

Young Chaffinch

 

P1000830.thumb.JPG.25e02ff44e66d99af746eb0677457d44.JPG

Peacock Butterfly Drinking Nectar

Nice pics again pal 👍

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Nice pics again pal 👍

Cheers Paul. 📷

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Badger.  Taken this evening  in Pembrokeshire

Steve 

  • Up vote 6

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

More snorkelling - this time from a small Greek fishing boat. Got to say the waters are wonderfully clear. 

B617EC44-D13E-4EE8-BD93-6140212B0F17.thumb.jpeg.1dbf0ef2e51710a9b90f62fe833da459.jpeg

B67C823D-7305-48F4-A026-0CB454F56A10.thumb.jpeg.2c16061eabebc4f8f996859d01c4ad96.jpeg

  • Up vote 6

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

We spent a few hours relaxing at a taverna next to Molyvos castle yesterday. Really enjoyed the music being played by whatever Greek radio station they’d tuned into. It was a great mix of jazz, soul and Latin grooves and very surprised to hear, among others, Barbara Lynn “I’m a good woman”, Joe Bataan “Ordinary guy (Afro-Filipino), and Carlton Jumel Smith’s new release “That’s what love looks like”!

With a few glasses of Ouzo and some good food, it was an absolute treat!

75C62E47-6C91-420F-9CD5-29E1BF646387.thumb.jpeg.3848b7555cd5e7e49cb0f69a060a5f6f.jpeg

  • Up vote 4

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Young Rabbit ( Kit ) Taken virtually at the front door of the cottage

 

IB2A9967 (2).JPG

  • Up vote 6

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Tawny Owlet

 

IB2A0027 (2).JPG

  • Up vote 6

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

You can’t beat a good Greek breakfast...

05160995-E0AC-4369-BE16-26DB68D45381.thumb.jpeg.e97e0c1ca372cdf53cedaedd14ced987.jpeg

  • Up vote 4

Share this forum post


soul source url
Guest profile photo
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  1. Show us your great photos (2020)
    Freebasing by Amsterdam Russ on Wed 01 Jan 2020
    • 215 / 5049
    • Amsterdam Russ on 26 Feb 2020
  2. Louisiana Soul/Funk, Satin 'Your Loves Got Me' & more
    Soul Website Sales by luckedog on Wed 26 Feb 2020
    • 1 / 47
    • luckedog on 26 Feb 2020
  3. Twisted Wheel Radio Show
    Soul Media by John Green on Wed 26 Feb 2020
    • 1 / 24
    • John Green on 26 Feb 2020
  4. Gladys Knight - If You Ever Get Your Hands On Love
    Look At Your Box by Guest Rowly on Thu 03 Feb 2005
    • 22 / 3415
    • Chalky on 24 Feb 2020
  5. Dab of Soul Radio Show 17.2.20 -Listen Here!
    Soul Media by Chris Anderton on Wed 19 Feb 2020
    • 2 / 136
    • Chris Anderton on 22 Feb 2020

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.