Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Amsterdam Russ profile photo

Show us your great photos (2019)

Freebasing Amsterdam Russ

 
Posted

Getting ready for the England game...with our Scottish friend...

 

IMG-20190907-WA0000.jpg

  • Up vote 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

At the end of a beautiful long walk along the Thames with Granddaughter yesterday , we ended up at the Thames barrier and found an old friend in a sorry sate . 

I remember some really nice days out on this old girl , that used to be called the big Fish and Chippy . 

 

So so sad to see . 

E0C0B08F-A03A-4BD4-8F3D-09493C4E3A7E.jpeg

AA2598E6-D0F1-43C5-9016-5A7046EC191D.jpeg

E983EA64-07EF-412A-AEB2-D16FA8193EFC.jpeg

2998C4F1-3912-42FB-A4B7-E15E9CA04643.jpeg

  • Up vote 9

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
21 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Yes there is that Andy. There's always next time mate.   I'm lucky enough to have seen plenty of the creatures at other places.  Most people never will, 

Steve 

Love the colour contrasts. Stunning mate 

Cheers, not bad for a phone 👍

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
23 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Yes there is that Andy. There's always next time mate.   I'm lucky enough to have seen plenty of the creatures at other places.  Most people never will, 

Steve 

Love the colour contrasts. Stunning mate 

Make nice postcards ☺️!

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
5 hours ago, Stevegods said:

At the end of a beautiful long walk along the Thames with Granddaughter yesterday , we ended up at the Thames barrier and found an old friend in a sorry sate . 

I remember some really nice days out on this old girl , that used to be called the big Fish and Chippy . 

 

So so sad to see . 

E0C0B08F-A03A-4BD4-8F3D-09493C4E3A7E.jpeg

AA2598E6-D0F1-43C5-9016-5A7046EC191D.jpeg

E983EA64-07EF-412A-AEB2-D16FA8193EFC.jpeg

2998C4F1-3912-42FB-A4B7-E15E9CA04643.jpeg

I've spent a bit of time around boats and it's really upsetting to see them falling into a state of disrepair, especially a beautiful vessel like that one.

I suppose they become too expensive to maintain and repair in the end. They really are money pits and very time consuming.  Such a shame.  Poor old girl. She'd have been the envy of the Thames once upon a time.

Really interested in the name "the big Fish and Chippy".....do tell? Sounds like there may be a bit of a story behind that? 🤔

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
25 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

I've spent a bit of time around boats and it's really upsetting to see them falling into a state of disrepair, especially a beautiful vessel like that one.

I suppose they become too expensive to maintain and repair in the end. They really are money pits and very time consuming.  Such a shame.  Poor old girl. She'd have been the envy of the Thames once upon a time.

Really interested in the name "the big Fish and Chippy".....do tell? Sounds like there may be a bit of a story behind that? 🤔

The vessel looks a little battered to me. Only codding 😎

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

The vessel looks a little battered to me. Only codding 😎

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Saturday night at the Apollo! Everyone's favourite comedy night of the week. Pull up a chair, grab your can of Carling, Ritz crackers, KP salted peanuts and give a hearty and welcoming round of applause for the irrepressible, the rib tickling, giggle getting, man of mirth and sophisticated wit,  Steve the Winsford Soul!!". 😂🤣😂

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
40 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Saturday night at the Apollo! Everyone's favourite comedy night of the week. Pull up a chair, grab your can of Carling, Ritz crackers, KP salted peanuts and give a hearty and welcoming round of applause for the irrepressible, the rib tickling, giggle getting, man of mirth and sophisticated wit,  Steve the Winsford Soul!!". 😂🤣😂

🤣🤣🤣. I only said it before somebody else did. 🤣🤣🤣

Steve 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

That is the Royal Iris - used to plough it’s trail across and up and down the Mersey from the early 60s up until the early 90’s when it was taken out of service ... sold to a consortium in Bristol to be opened as a club at the docks but didn’t get a licence . 

It’s been rotting away at the Thames Barrier ever since ... 

No codding 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
8 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

That is the Royal Iris - used to plough it’s trail across and up and down the Mersey from the early 60s up until the early 90’s when it was taken out of service ... sold to a consortium in Bristol to be opened as a club at the docks but didn’t get a licence . 

It’s been rotting away at the Thames Barrier ever since ... 

No codding 

Didn't realise that it was the royal iris mate. Infamous club, plenty of my non soulie mates played out on her a few times even think one of them done the doorman job or filled them in ( more likely  ) 🤣. Never floated my boat ( pun intended ) to have a night out in liverpool in whatever shape or form.  Soul loving Man United fan no thanks.  

Steve 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Few snaps Calf Hey Circular walk . Many more branches to it . Will be back 

20190908_151159.jpg

20190908_150022.jpg

20190908_150018.jpg

20190908_152650.jpg

20190908_150853.jpg

20190908_150031.jpg

  • Up vote 12

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Having recently lost my father I've gained a dog.

 

DSC05890.png

  • Up vote 9

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Very nice Dave, what have you named him ?

Ste.

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
27 minutes ago, Widnes63 said:

Very nice Dave, what have you named him ?

Ste.

She was my father's gun-dog, her name is Ruby and she's the best behaved dog I've ever had the pleasure to walk.  She was abused before my father got her, but is a very loving and loyal companion.  She went to the funeral and pulled to the grave side to look down into the grave, that is where I fell apart.  

Dave

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

How very poignant! I'm sure that she will keep you busy, she looks full of energy.

Catch up in a few weeks.

Ste .

  • Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
10 minutes ago, Tattoodave said:

She was my father's gun-dog, her name is Ruby and she's the best behaved dog I've ever had the pleasure to walk.  She was abused before my father got her, but is a very loving and loyal companion.  She went to the funeral and pulled to the grave side to look down into the grave, that is where I fell apart.  

Dave

Dave. My deepest condolences,  raw emotion in these circumstances  is such a thing to deal with and everyone does so in there own way. It made me a stronger person when i lost my parents and brother and i think it will you.  Time is a great healer my friend and having Ruby around will slowly but surely help in the healing especially knowing how much you love animals 

Steve.  

  • Up vote 6

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, Winsford Soul said:

Dave. My deepest condolences,  raw emotion in these circumstances  is such a thing to deal with and everyone does so in there own way. It made me a stronger person when i lost my parents and brother and i think it will you.  Time is a great healer my friend and having Ruby around will slowly but surely help in the healing especially knowing how much you love animals 

Steve.  

Thanks Steve, she's the only thing that gets me out and talking to people, I would have emptied every bottle of alcohol in the house if it wasn't for her needing her exercise.  

Dave

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, Tattoodave said:

Thanks Steve, she's the only thing that gets me out and talking to people, I would have emptied every bottle of alcohol in the house if it wasn't for her needing her exercise.  

Dave

Been there my friend.  Sometimes just shutting the door on the world does you the world of good, you time, thinking what if , what now, why this,  why that. Going through every emotion,  crying,  sadness smiling when you look back at the good times,  Its your journey  my friend but your never alone.

Steve 

  • Up vote 3

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

She's a beautiful dog, really kind eyes.

I'm so, so sorry you're experiencing a tough time.  I hope things get easier soon for you.  It completely knocks you off the planet does this sort of thing and has you drifting round the dark side of the moon, alone.....but you'll come out at the bright side and touch back down on our colourful planet again.  Like Steve said, it's one of life's challenging, unavoidable journeys. Hang on in there.

Here's a soulful, heartfelt hug for you 🤗.  Thinking of you x

PICNIC_20190619_203302920.jpg

  • Up vote 5

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

 

DSC05890.thumb.png.093dfb461ff879fee9a2b3681ae8e977-01.jpeg

  • Up vote 6

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
9 hours ago, Flamingemeralds said:

She's a beautiful dog, really kind eyes.

I'm so, so sorry you're experiencing a tough time.  I hope things get easier soon for you.  It completely knocks you off the planet does this sort of thing and has you drifting round the dark side of the moon, alone.....but you'll come out at the bright side and touch back down on our colourful planet again.  Like Steve said, it's one of life's challenging, unavoidable journeys. Hang on in there.

Here's a soulful, heartfelt hug for you 🤗.  Thinking of you x

PICNIC_20190619_203302920.jpg

That's lovely Louise.  X

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
22 hours ago, Flamingemeralds said:

She's a beautiful dog, really kind eyes.

I'm so, so sorry you're experiencing a tough time.  I hope things get easier soon for you.  It completely knocks you off the planet does this sort of thing and has you drifting round the dark side of the moon, alone.....but you'll come out at the bright side and touch back down on our colourful planet again.  Like Steve said, it's one of life's challenging, unavoidable journeys. Hang on in there.

Here's a soulful, heartfelt hug for you 🤗.  Thinking of you x

PICNIC_20190619_203302920.jpg

Thanks Louise, these are my darkest days, thankfully there are chinks in the clouds (no not Oriental pilots) and whatever happens I know I'll always keep him in my thoughts as I do my mother.

  • Up vote 3

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
On 08/09/2019 at 21:00, Stevegods said:

That is the Royal Iris - used to plough it’s trail across and up and down the Mersey from the early 60s up until the early 90’s when it was taken out of service ... sold to a consortium in Bristol to be opened as a club at the docks but didn’t get a licence . 

It’s been rotting away at the Thames Barrier ever since ... 

No codding 

Remember going to Liverpool with school in the 70's and went on the Iris. Lots remember there was the daffodil too.😊

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Afternoon all!x Quite proud of this pic...Bear sent me it...Sooty Bear... There you go!x I hosted him a few weeks back...played Thunderbirds and Mission Impossible original 60's version as he came on the stage. Massive grin at me as he arrived!x Luvly fella off camera and with him again next week!x

LUV 

SOOTY 

FB_IMG_1568380748188.jpg

  • Up vote 3

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
On 10/09/2019 at 21:02, Winsford Soul said:

Dave. My deepest condolences,  raw emotion in these circumstances  is such a thing to deal with and everyone does so in there own way. It made me a stronger person when i lost my parents and brother and i think it will you.  Time is a great healer my friend and having Ruby around will slowly but surely help in the healing especially knowing how much you love animals 

Steve.  

Yes deep condolences Dave. My Dad passed away 4 years ago, and I have mentioned him a few times in my posts on here recently.

Up until then, I hadn't really spoken about the subject, and when I did mention to various people about my loss, they shared their stories. I don't think you ever completely get over losing your parents, but learn to live with it, and cherish those fond memories. The day of my Dad's funeral was the proudest day of my life - All these people I remembered from my childhood turned up. I cried like a baby from start to finish, well until because it was such a hot day and the room was packed a woman fainted - Queue my older sister......."That'll be the other woman"...... :D

For a while I've been thinking whether it would be an idea to start a thread on here for people to share their stories / memories of their parents - I think it would be nice.

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

 

  • Up vote 3

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Saw this little chap sunbathing on our patio.

20190912_150754[1].jpg

20190912_150825[1].jpg

  • Up vote 9

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

Real random stuff... The second coming! View from the side, And from a great height! Not nsesasararley in that order!  

9B497109-D325-4017-A727-A2C3CA99BD51.jpeg

0EE1E010-6943-468E-B5C8-425064325FDA.jpeg

E84690B2-12AA-4E47-9255-8F9971512088.jpeg

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 6

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

Day on the Beach in West Wales :/) 

2FDAEE71-7FCA-4A05-8935-BC16DD933ADE.jpeg

C4D61773-AFA5-4047-BA78-C3C5D15772DB.jpeg

B695C73A-1A8F-4CC8-B2A3-E953468F7052.jpeg

C35DA843-92DA-4DDF-BC5A-7E699BBBE04E.jpeg

8DF2CB5E-3311-47C6-A4CF-535AA3C1E5E4.jpeg

1CC8A78C-84E7-4097-9FFB-9143F20EA45F.jpeg

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 8

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
On 08/09/2019 at 21:50, Soulfulmerlin said:

Few snaps Calf Hey Circular walk . Many more branches to it . Will be back 

Walked round there myself a couple of weeks ago, loads of options for extending a walk from there, some really nice circular routes to Ramsbottom taking in Holcombe Hill.  

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Have to agree . Will be back . Pass it regular going to Bury . Always said looked nice walk . 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Guess where? New York is 3418 miles

Moscow is 1495 miles.

You can make out the rest.

Ed

 

IMG_20190916_1407368.jpg

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
52 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

Guess where? New York is 3418 miles

Moscow is 1495 miles.

You can make out the rest.

Ed

 

IMG_20190916_1407368.jpg

Behind a camera 🤣🤣🤣

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Sunset last Monday inside Rick Stein’s fish and chip shop on Fistral Beach ,Cornwall .....

6C8E0098-D2FF-4074-8DE5-FD11EA375706.jpeg

  • Up vote 5

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Behind a camera 🤣🤣🤣

Clue in the background.... Back drop to many a picture in the 70s sunrise.

Ed

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Kestrel  over the sea in North Norfolk last week .

 

IMG_2728.JPG

IMG_2730 (2).JPG

  • Up vote 9

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Nice sunset tonight in this part of the world 

2019-09-17-19-46-30-008.jpg

2019-09-17-19-47-06-604.jpg

  • Up vote 7

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Morecambe Bay, Monday morning... 

IMG_20190916_121526917~2.jpg

IMG_20190916_133130045~2.jpg

IMG_20190916_121407096~2.jpg

  • Up vote 6

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Staircase, Midland Hotel, Morecambe

IMG_20190916_134015340.jpg

  • Up vote 4

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Got stiff neck just looking up. 🤣

Steve 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

The secret is, to lie down on the floor in reception, with a couple of hazard cones for health and safety reasons and a sign saying "This is not a doormat". 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!
Log into Soul Source

Get max use of the forums

Log in now!

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.