Ebay Copy (TopSeller) Cecil Washington On PROPHONICS

Zanetti

HI 

the big game hunter  has or had multiple copies of this all m- and hes been quietly

knocking them out for at least the last 3 years as ive bid on them they all seemed to finish just over the two grand mark , which is a lot cheaper than Manships

be interesting to know how many he has left

ATB

Floyd

Edited by Floyd
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

49 minutes ago, Floyd said:

HI 

the big game hunter  has or had multiple copies of this all m- and hes been quietly

knocking them out for at least the last 3 years as ive bid on them they all seemed to finish just over the two grand mark , which is a lot cheaper than Manships

ATB

Floyd

We always said it was about a 2.5K max record and the sucker on Manships "should" be supporting charity than wasting money, It's a mad world

Social source share

On 02/11/2021 at 13:03, Floyd said:

HI 

ATB

Floyd

Hi Floyd.

This is a really useful piece of information. I am on the mailing list, but do not recall Cecil in the last three years, but there may have been the odd one that I completely forgot about. Popsike reveals four mint copies sold in recent years, but only one clearly sold by paperstax. So, has a load turned up? Who found them and where? I think a lot of record dealers and collectors would be interested in hearing the facts.

Social source share

Hi

he doesnt put one up in every auction but from memory i recall bidding  at least twice  over the last 3-5 years

but at the time didnt rate it enough to pay over 2 grand for a copy, he also seems to have more than one copy of the martineques on Meo which i really would like to get a copy off but its already over $600 so i can see that easily going for over a grand

i dont think he has loads of copies but i wouldnt be surprised if hes still got copies of both records stashed away ready to put out every 12 months or so

be interesting to see if any more pop up over the next year or so

ATB

Floyd

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Totally predictable. And it won’t sell at that price, but it might look good in the ‘shop window’. Makes you wonder what deals are going on ‘under the table’? When one dealer’s records are often another dealer’s ‘auction wins’, sooner or later, punters will spot the unrealistic prices, potential inflation, records not selling and give the whole merry-go-round a big miss.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

12 hours ago, davidwapples said:

If it ended for £4500 and listed for £5250 then either its selling at a loss or they didnt pay import fees 

I'm not an expert but on £4500 then £900 VAT is due (20%) however if the buyer is VAT registered in the UK then they would claim this amount back on their VAT return.

VAT would then be due on the sale which I believe is calculated in a strange way on collectibles and second hand antiques etc. I believe 16.66% of the difference between the purchase price and the selling price would be due.

In this case the difference would be £750 hence £125 VAT due (16.66%).

If the seller is a limited company in the UK then 20% corporation tax would be payable on the year end profit.

FEW!!!

• Up vote 2
Social source share

50 minutes ago, Tagtag said:

I'm not an expert but on £4500 then £900 VAT is due (20%) however if the buyer is VAT registered in the UK then they would claim this amount back on their VAT return.

VAT would then be due on the sale which I believe is calculated in a strange way on collectibles and second hand antiques etc. I believe 16.66% of the difference between the purchase price and the selling price would be due.

In this case the difference would be £750 hence £125 VAT due (16.66%).

If the seller is a limited company in the UK then 20% corporation tax would be payable on the year end profit.

FEW!!!

Might there be Import duties as well when it arrives In the UK or is the VAT on the hammer price all that has to be paid

An Antique has to be over 100 years old for the tax people

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

38 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Might there be Import duties as well when it arrives In the UK or is the VAT on the hammer price all that has to be paid

Ebay doesn't collect VAT on items with a hammer price that exceeds £135.

If the seller states the full value on the package then it's due for VAT and customs charges upon its arrival to the UK. If it gets "caught" that is.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Sebastian said:

Ebay doesn't collect VAT on items with a hammer price that exceeds £135.

If the seller states the full value on the package then it's due for VAT and customs charges upon its arrival to the UK. If it gets "caught" that is.

Wow I never new that as everyone was moaning in the UK about it, perhaps they were cheaper items. I genuinely thought the £135 thing was EU since UK Brexited.

Thanks and very informative (I never buy of Evilbay).

So I assume the same applies with Discogs if a UK buys an item more than £135, as I thought VAT was (again) auto added at point of sale, no matter the price.

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

1 hour ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Wow I never new that as everyone was moaning in the UK about it, perhaps they were cheaper items. I genuinely thought the £135 thing was EU since UK Brexited.

Thanks and very informative (I never buy of Evilbay).

So I assume the same applies with Discogs if a UK buys an item more than £135, as I thought VAT was (again) auto added at point of sale, no matter the price.

Yes, that should also be the case with Discogs. I'm not in the UK so don't know how Discogs apply VAT to UK orders, but it would surprise me if they charged VAT on orders over £135 as it's a UK governmental policy.

More info:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/changes-to-vat-treatment-of-overseas-goods-sold-to-customers-from-1-january-2021/changes-to-vat-treatment-of-overseas-goods-sold-to-customers-from-1-january-2021

• Thanks 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2021 at 11:38, Sebastian said:

Yes, that should also be the case with Discogs. I'm not in the UK so don't know how Discogs apply VAT to UK orders, but it would surprise me if they charged VAT on orders over £135 as it's a UK governmental policy.

More info:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/changes-to-vat-treatment-of-overseas-goods-sold-to-customers-from-1-january-2021/changes-to-vat-treatment-of-overseas-goods-sold-to-customers-from-1-january-2021

Ebay are charging VAT at point of sale to the UK more than £135

THE STOPPERS - NORTHERN SOUL - DJ COPY - COME BACK BABY/THE LA LA SONG

Condition:

Used

“RECORD IS IN VG+ CONDITION”

Price:

US $299.99

Approximately £226.98

Buy it now

Add to basket

Watch this item

8 watchers

Collect 226 Nectar points Redeem your pointsfor Nectar - opens in new window or tab | Conditionsfor Nectar - opens in new window or tab

No additional import charges on delivery.

This item will be sent through the Global Shipping Programme and includes international tracking. Learn more- opens in a new window or tab

Postage:

US $23.75 (approx. £17.97) International Priority Shipping to United Kingdom  | See details 

Located in:

Nicholson, Georgia, United States

Import charges:

US $73.13 (amount confirmed at checkout)  

Delivery:

Estimated between Fri. 24 Dec. and Tue. 28 Dec.  

Includes international tracking

Returns:

No returns accepted | See details

Social source share

On 09/12/2021 at 16:41, Blackpoolsoul said:

Ebay are charging VAT at point of sale to the UK more than £135

No additional import charges on delivery.

This item will be sent through the Global Shipping Programme

That's because the seller uses ebay's Global Shipping Programme. 

If the seller didn't, you wouldn't have to pay VAT at checkout. You would however have to pay it upon arrival to the UK and if the seller states the actual value on the customs form you will have to pay the appropriate sum, if the seller states a low value you would have to pay a nominal sum.

Hope this makes sense.

Ebay doesn't collect VAT on items over £135 unless the seller uses Global Shipping Programme. They (and the legal system) expects the seller to state the actual sale price of the item so that correct VAT and customs fees can be charged upon arrival to the destination country.

Edited by Sebastian
  • Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

42 minutes ago, Sebastian said:

That's because the seller uses ebay's Global Shipping Programme. 

If the seller didn't, you wouldn't have to pay VAT at checkout. You would however have to pay it upon arrival to the UK and if the seller states the actual value on the customs form you will have to pay the appropriate sum, if the seller states a low value you would have to pay a nominal sum.

Hope this makes sense.

Ebay doesn't collect VAT on items over £135 unless the seller uses Global Shipping Programme. They (and the legal system) expects the seller to state the actual sale price of the item so that correct VAT and customs fees can be charged upon arrival to the destination country.

Amazing how Tax simplification is never simple 😁

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!