Jax Transit Authority 7" - $5,199.00 Us - Sold On Ebay

Sunnysoul

Guest Ivor Jones

Our David's O'Jays c/u for a few years I'm sure he won't mind me saying. Top class tune.

Strongly influenced by "Message In Our Music " I would say......

Social source share

I love music......anyway you choose it........ :lol:

Yes it was the 'I love music' riff that made me decide to call it Eddie Levert... Couldn't bring myself to cover something as the o'jays...

Edited by DtheD
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Rekon i could get 10k for Flourecent Smogg?????

dollars maybe if its hyper clean in condition. i think its possible. 

thing is that has a decent funk side some maybe buyers in the 40s with hip hop backgrounds who now own media companies / are well paid computer progammers etc, might get involved. that type of buyer. definitely a nathan barley tune by now.

with the modern stuff theres a wider market than ever. lots of younger buyers, some with good jobs or ready cash, not necessarily in the UK and definitely with no affiliation to its scenes. were most likely never born then. 

Edited by JNixon
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

The JTA 45 is a very good record from the newer wave of discoveries but that auction price was mental, especially given the condition.

As Jordi said it looks like a few snipe bidders got caught up with overly ambitious limits..

Saying that Chris, if you're contemplating selling a few bits off now would seem a good time .. :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

That is a seriously rare record and doesn't turn up. I thought I put in "a serious" bid a couple of years ago, but that was blown out the water.

i thought id get it with my $3200 bid at this grade with some money to spare. it didnt even register as a bid a few seconds from the end. 

Social source share

i thought id get it with my $3200 bid at this grade with some money to spare. it didnt even register as a bid a few seconds from the end.

Who would buy that??Is their a slow flip??Would be cheaper to buy a cameo lp from late 70s early 80s.

Spose it would be boring if we all liked the same sounds.

Social source share

Who would buy that??Is their a slow flip??Would be cheaper to buy a cameo lp from late 70s early 80s.

at the very worst sounds like there would have been $1800 dollars in it.  

its a well liked rare modern tune.

Edited by JNixon
Social source share

Yes, it looks like the same person bought Jax Transit Authority and Chocolate Buttermilk Band.

If that's not the case, it's quite a coincidence that the winners of both auctions has got the exact same number of feedback ratings.

Social source share

I'd buy it.  "Head Games" is a big boogie tune, but for me its the slow flip that i'm after.  The B-side "No Way" is an earler/different version of "Ain't No Way", which was the A-Side of their next single release, the other side being "Can't Let Go".

Social source share

Yes, it looks like the same person bought Jax Transit Authority and Chocolate Buttermilk Band.

If that's not the case, it's quite a coincidence that the winners of both auctions has got the exact same number of feedback ratings.

Unfortunately for him, it looks like the exact same second bidder who bumped him up as well :facepalm:

Edited by DtheD
Social source share

eating rusks is part of the answer. theres a lot of rich kids playing with daddys money out there.

i was probably eating rusks myself :) but there is a breed of collector now thats into collecting trophys rather then having a genuine love for the paticular genre , its easy for them to be like this because all the hard work has been done over the years ,  

they will prob sell up and discount all the records the overpaid for in a few months once their attnetion is drawn to their next fad !

• Helpful 2
Social source share

too much for it not to be true id say. good luck to them though. 

Social source share

they will prob sell up and discount all the records the overpaid for in a few months once their attnetion is drawn to their next fa

theres at least two tangoing in this scenerio though. there are probably two more waiting in the wings. may not be that tough to move the tunes on. 

Social source share

I'd buy it. "Head Games" is a big boogie tune, but for me its the slow flip that i'm after. The B-side "No Way" is an earler/different version of "Ain't No Way", which was the A-Side of their next single release, the other side being "Can't Let Go".[/

I got their other 45 from Anderson as a new release.(got shot years ago)

The slow side must be good because the dancer is not modern soul or boogie as i know it.

But you like it so thats all that matters.

Social source share

Now this is really mediocre. What makes people shell out this kinda money for it I dont know....and wont like to know LOL. Jax Authority thopugh...now thats a complete different story, fabulous record, fresh tune and all that. Like it. 

Social source share

Now this is really mediocre. What makes people shell out this kinda money for it I dont know....and wont like to know LOL. Jax Authority thopugh...now thats a complete different story, fabulous record, fresh tune and all that. Like it. 

one persons turd is another persons gold. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!