2010-04-04: Stafford, Fancy Another One ?

Found this on the net, no idea when it was written ?

But the revolution came with it's own champions, in the guise of the "terrible twins" Guy Hennigan and Keb Darge, who became the focus for a movement they'll both credit to Dave Withers and Rod Shard.Keb tells it "Dave played a spot at a venue I was at, maybe Peterborough, where every sound was fresh and new. From powerful dancers to smooth soul, they sat fine side by side, and incredibly, I hardly knew a single track. There was a handful of dancers on the floor, and I thought 'I cannot believe it. This is what Northern soul is all about, and there's all these deadheads ignoring all these great tunes' so there and then I became a convert to this, what was for me the new sound of Northern Soul, and at the same time it was traditional Northern, maybe I'm a purist, but new music that made you, not want, but need, to travel to hear it, week in week out, is what it's always been about. When I heard later that Dave was going to hang up his DJ'ing hat, I knew it was time for me to give it a go, although I hadn't any records that you could exactly say were worthy at that time' ( But that was to change, in a BIG way)". Guy's story was different, as he'd come from a background of collecting and was a regular vinyl hound' in the record bar, though he fondly remembers the times just before he broke through to the big time thus "Dave was the only one who was sticking his neck out, playing what we all knew as traditional Northern, breaking new records, turning them up and giving them some needle time. It's what I grew up with, it's what you grew up with, so why was there a problem".

• Replies 609
  • Views 63.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Found this on the net, no idea when it was written ?

But the revolution came with it's own champions, in the guise of the "terrible twins" Guy Hennigan and Keb Darge, who became the focus for a movement they'll both credit to Dave Withers and Rod Shard.Keb tells it "Dave played a spot at a venue I was at, maybe Peterborough, where every sound was fresh and new. From powerful dancers to smooth soul, they sat fine side by side, and incredibly, I hardly knew a single track. There was a handful of dancers on the floor, and I thought 'I cannot believe it. This is what Northern soul is all about, and there's all these deadheads ignoring all these great tunes' so there and then I became a convert to this, what was for me the new sound of Northern Soul, and at the same time it was traditional Northern, maybe I'm a purist, but new music that made you, not want, but need, to travel to hear it, week in week out, is what it's always been about. When I heard later that Dave was going to hang up his DJ'ing hat, I knew it was time for me to give it a go, although I hadn't any records that you could exactly say were worthy at that time' ( But that was to change, in a BIG way)". Guy's story was different, as he'd come from a background of collecting and was a regular vinyl hound' in the record bar, though he fondly remembers the times just before he broke through to the big time thus "Dave was the only one who was sticking his neck out, playing what we all knew as traditional Northern, breaking new records, turning them up and giving them some needle time. It's what I grew up with, it's what you grew up with, so why was there a problem".

some of the same or similar comments being used in today's arguments!

Guest Chris Waterman

Hi All

Tesco's is deffo a none starter, so please DO NOT park there, also just had word the pay and display by the Station is shut due to building work, the nearest car is the pay and display called The Riverside, right that's me done,

See you all a little later

Best

Chris W

think the last time i went to TOTW was when Major Lance played there yes.gif . Still got my Top Dog membership card somewhere.

anyway, i can't remember the layout of the place (usual for me)..... so i was wondering: the oldies room at that time had a very small dancefloor, surrounded by ballustrades/handrails, a bit night club(ish) etc. but it had a fantastic sound system, probably the best i'd heard up until that time. speakers in the roof. did i imagine it or am i correct? after all it was bloody yrs ago laugh.gif

p.s. sounds like a superb night is on the cards good.gif

WILL WE NEED OUR MEMBERSHIPS DAVE whistling.gif

I'VE FOUND IT JUST IN CASE thumbsup.gif

NOW JUST GOTTA FIND MY HEAD !!!!!!

HANDS , HEART & FEET RARING TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CPTN M

Dave, have I already told you you're a touch of velvet short of a cape? laugh.gif

After slating you for having the memory of a goldfish, I'm completely in the bad books of the South London Massive as after offering to bring everybody in our 8-seater family bus, I'd neglected to notice until last night that the tax & MOT had run out in the week, doh. So now we're in the little car which seats two & a half, and we'll all be on very intimate terms by the time we get there wink.gif Brings back memories of driving to Bretby with Dru sitting on the floor of the car between my knees. Happy days laugh.gif

I thought the original 60's Hardy Amies suit

Hi All

Tesco's is deffo a none starter, so please DO NOT park there, also just had word the pay and display by the Station is shut due to building work, the nearest car is the pay and display called The Riverside, right that's me done,

See you all a little later

Best

Chris W

Thanks Tesco - Every little helps

:laugh:FIRST POST ON LOOK BACKS-IN THE WORDS OF KEB--WHAT A F**KING NIGHT-STOMP YOU BAS**RDS!

QUOTE OF THE NIGHT "IT'S LIKE NORTHERN SOUL "SPEED DATING"-YOU GET 5 MINS WITH SOMEONE AND THEN MOVE ON!" :laugh:

I'VE HAD 2 HOURS KIP AND UP FOR WORK SO JUST THIS FIRST POST TO SAY A MIGHTY THANKS AND A RESOUNDING WELL DONE TO CHRIS AND DAVE FOR PULLING THIS ONE TOGETHER thumbsup.gif

THANK'S TO ALL WHO PUT UP WITH MY PICTURE TAKING DURING THE EVENINGthumbsup.gif 200 SNAPS OF THE NIGHT:ohmy: COMING YOUR WAY LATER TODAY!

I HAVEN'T ENJOYED MYSELF AT A NIGHTER THIS MUCH IN YEARS-GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT COMPANY,GREAT VENUE-ALTHOUGH YOU DID NEED A SAT NAV TO FIND YOUR WAY THROUGH THE ROOMS:laugh: VERY WEIRD AS THE MAIN ROOM IS "ARSE ABOUT FACE" BUT THE LAY OUT IS ACTUALLY BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL IMO-

MORE LATER

ROB

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT NIGHT - WAS IN MAIN ROOM ALL NITE AND FOOKING ACE - GUY HENNIGANS SPOT WAS BRILLIANT ..................CHRIS , MARCELLE AND MACE , DAVE - WELL DONE GUYS .......UTTERLEY FANTASTIC NIGHT - BEST NITER FOR AGES FOR ME........................REGARDS MARK

OMG - how good was that?

Not particularly for the music although that was pretty awesome too (haven't danced that much for a long time) but for a gathering of the Soul 'clan' - apologies if I miss anyone but it was truly fabulous to see all of the following together in one place:

Guy, Keb, Kitch, Julia, Dean, Byrnie, Steve Phyllis, Skip, Teff, Sharon, Chuddy & Debbie, Craig & Debbie, Pete (Birthday boy) Flynn, Tony, Rob Wigley (no Karen - Shame), Karen, Stuart & Penny Wraith, Sue (no Brad - shame), Dave & Kate, Kyle & Rosemary, Sue Blackburn, , Claire Shard, Colin Law, Keith Whitson & his ladies, Jock, Steve & Alan Walls, Mick & Kirsty Connolly, Johnno, Chalky, Robbo (looking good mate), Gaz Kellett (who I worry a little about), Billy Mercer, Dave Molloy, Tony Smith, Ion, Lorraine Bennett, Alison Nolan, Debbie Troops, Chris Ashby, Martin, my very good freinds Tony Holdsworth, Jacqui Bicknell (no Mark - shame) & Col & Karen Taylor & last but certainly not least my Ali who only decided to come about 2 weeks ago after getting an earbashing from the aforementioned JB and KT...

IMHO

Best line of the night; Keb - "I've been asked to play to records I played 25 years ago, thats going to be f***ing difficult, I've only got 3"

Best TOTW type spot - Guy

Best spot overall - Ady Pountain who I finally introduced myself to after all this time

Best people - Chris & Dave for allowing it to happen

Mick

Edited by Mick Howard

:hatsoff2: WELL,WELL. HOPE SOMEBODYS GUNNA TELL D TRUTH,FOLKS,,ONCE IVE GOT ME FRIGGIN YEAD STRAIT,,I THINK ILL TELL IT AS IT IS..MY OPION..WOT A LOAD OV BOLLERCO,S..........ARSE ABOWT FACE,,THE HOLE SET UP WOZ,,WENT TO THIS WITH HIGH HOPES..BUT FCK ME LET DOWN AY THE WORD...:ohmy::ohmy: SHOCKD SOS GUYS..OW DO YOU THINK I FEEL..OPENS THE DOOR..WAM I WOZ MUGGE...D..LUV I ONY WANT A BOTTLE OV PILLS,NOT A CRATE...IVE BOURT 500 E,S CHEEPA..KEEP THE CHANGE; MY ARSE...

WALKED THRO...THE SERM DOORS ON D GROUNG FLOOR FOR AN HOUR...MAAN..I AY THIK,BUT GIS A CHANCE..SIGN POSTS,CHALK MARKS,,thumbsup.gif

I TUK RAY MEERS,GOD NOSE WOT APPEND TO HIM,,AY SIN IM SINSE..AN E TRAINED ME..PHEW...

EVENTUALY TOP FLOOR..MADE IT....U NO YA FUST ORGANISM,,MAAN THIS WOZ BETTER..I,D STILL GOT ME NICKERS AN SOCKS ON...

I THINK ILL AV A PEEPEE...MISTAKE.. CAN I CLEAN YA LETTICE FOR YA SIR???? THAT GEAR WOZ GUD.BUT..THIS WOZ A MINDBLOWIN,,,

THE FRIGGIN MIRROR IS TALKIN TO ME,,AV IT...SIR..CAN I... RELIZED..BIP...MATE U CUM NEAR MY LETTICE AN UR AVIN IT...?BURT..TRUST ME..

BIG ROOM..PHEW.."SPEED DATE-IN".. I FOLLOWED EVERYBODY IN THE ROOM..GO WIV D FLOW..BURT..I CIRCLED THE FEKIN ROOM 3 TIMES B4 I NEW WOT WAS GUIN DARN..."DRIP ,SHORN ,ADE,,, "HELP"..GOT 2 THE BAR,, MUGGD ,,DU U EVA LEARN...BURT...NOPE..(MAAN,IM AN EASY GUIN GEEZA,,TRUST ME,) STILL CUD "NT FIND ME M8 RAY..WELL HAD ACHAT,,AN ANUVA,, WELL ME "I LUV 2 BOOGIE," BABY TRUST ME I CAN DANCE TO ANY KIND A MUSIC U LIKE,BUT, NOT POP..RARE..NO WUNDA ITS RARE..NO DUDE IZ GUNNA BUY IT...TRYED..

AV A FAG "BURT"NUTHER DOOR WIV MIRRORS,,WOZ THIS THE PINEWOOD STUDIO,S,,YEP..DR WHO N D DARILKS..I NEW IT..

FAG ROOM;;IM TELLIN YA..NEERLY AD A @@@@@@@ ATTAK,,THIS WOZ THE HOLDIN CELL THEY PUT ME IN AFTER THE,MARCH,,FOR , THROWIN ROCKS AT ALL THEM,,NICE COPPERS...N ..TERRORISTS...??? HELLO TO EVERY BODY IN THAT ROOM,,ENJOYED YA COMPANY,,PROPPA SOULITES..

:hatsoff2: AD TO GET OUT.....EXPLORE...MMM...RAY..?..DOWN D STAIRS..IM SURE WEN I CAME EAR IN D 70,S IT AD AN ESCULATOR..

CUM ON DUDE THEESE FEET NEED TO BOOGIE...1ST ROOM..FUNK..CUM ON AV IT..1 GUD RECORD ART OV 5 ..AY BAD..:no:

ROOM 2,,OLDIES,,M8 I AY A FCKIN SNOB,,"I ENJOY DANCIN,,"LUV IT,,,STANDIN WAIT-IN TO SQEEGE IN ON D FLOOR,,(IMAGINE).. ALLO LUV AHHR YA DUIN, AHWRITE AM YA....(IT CAN ONNY APPEN TO ME) "HI.. YO CHATTIN MAR MISSES UP???? EVER TING IS STARTIN TO HIT ME BOOZE,,THE LOT..RERIN TO DANCE. WOT M8..BLAH,BLAH.. BURT IT AY WURTH PRINT IN...DANCED..4 RECORDS...BURT CUM ON WEEM GUIN? :ohmy: MAAN.

I DONT BELIEVE ITS BUTTER...I HONESTLY THURT IT WOZ JUST ME,,NAAHH,,,20 ODD PEEPS,,WEVE ADD ANUFF..:yes:

FUST TIME IVE EVA ADD A MOAN,,BUT PEOPLE START PUTTIN IT DOWN AS YOU SEE IT...LIFES 2 SHORT,,AN 2 EXPENSIVE..WOT APPEND 2 D SOUL..

NO CATOGERIES,PLEASE,I JUST LUV SOUL,BOOGIE-IN, AN PEOPLE, PROPPA PEOPLE..SOS CHRIS.N DAVE, I NO LADS,BIN DER AN DUN IT. 10/10 FOR YA EFFORT....I AM NOW CURRENTLY RUNNIN ROUND WEDNESBURY PARK WIV A JAK RUSSEL THROW BAK,,CUDN,T GET RID OV ME ENERGY.

WOT EVA......:wink: DUDES IM GON,,NUFFIN PERSONAL..X KENNY H.thumbsup.gif

:hatsoff2: WELL,WELL. HOPE SOMEBODYS GUNNA TELL D TRUTH,FOLKS,,ONCE IVE GOT ME FRIGGIN YEAD STRAIT,,I THINK ILL TELL IT AS IT IS..MY OPION..WOT A LOAD OV BOLLERCO,S..........ARSE ABOWT FACE,,THE HOLE SET UP WOZ,,WENT TO THIS WITH HIGH HOPES..BUT FCK ME LET DOWN AY THE WORD...:ohmy::ohmy: SHOCKD SOS GUYS..OW DO YOU THINK I FEEL..OPENS THE DOOR..WAM I WOZ MUGGE...D..LUV I ONY WANT A BOTTLE OV PILLS,NOT A CRATE...IVE BOURT 500 E,S CHEEPA..KEEP THE CHANGE; MY ARSE...

WALKED THRO...THE SERM DOORS ON D GROUNG FLOOR FOR AN HOUR...MAAN..I AY THIK,BUT GIS A CHANCE..SIGN POSTS,CHALK MARKS,,thumbsup.gif

I TUK RAY MEERS,GOD NOSE WOT APPEND TO HIM,,AY SIN IM SINSE..AN E TRAINED ME..PHEW...

EVENTUALY TOP FLOOR..MADE IT....U NO YA FUST ORGANISM,,MAAN THIS WOZ BETTER..I,D STILL GOT ME NICKERS AN SOCKS ON...

I THINK ILL AV A PEEPEE...MISTAKE.. CAN I CLEAN YA LETTICE FOR YA SIR???? THAT GEAR WOZ GUD.BUT..THIS WOZ A MINDBLOWIN,,,

THE FRIGGIN MIRROR IS TALKIN TO ME,,AV IT...SIR..CAN I... RELIZED..BIP...MATE U CUM NEAR MY LETTICE AN UR AVIN IT...?BURT..TRUST ME..

BIG ROOM..PHEW.."SPEED DATE-IN".. I FOLLOWED EVERYBODY IN THE ROOM..GO WIV D FLOW..BURT..I CIRCLED THE FEKIN ROOM 3 TIMES B4 I NEW WOT WAS GUIN DARN..."DRIP ,SHORN ,ADE,,, "HELP"..GOT 2 THE BAR,, MUGGD ,,DU U EVA LEARN...BURT...NOPE..(MAAN,IM AN EASY GUIN GEEZA,,TRUST ME,) STILL CUD "NT FIND ME M8 RAY..WELL HAD ACHAT,,AN ANUVA,, WELL ME "I LUV 2 BOOGIE," BABY TRUST ME I CAN DANCE TO ANY KIND A MUSIC U LIKE,BUT, NOT POP..RARE..NO WUNDA ITS RARE..NO DUDE IZ GUNNA BUY IT...TRYED..

AV A FAG "BURT"NUTHER DOOR WIV MIRRORS,,WOZ THIS THE PINEWOOD STUDIO,S,,YEP..DR WHO N D DARILKS..I NEW IT..

FAG ROOM;;IM TELLIN YA..NEERLY AD A @@@@@@@ ATTAK,,THIS WOZ THE HOLDIN CELL THEY PUT ME IN AFTER THE,MARCH,,FOR , THROWIN ROCKS AT ALL THEM,,NICE COPPERS...N ..TERRORISTS...??? HELLO TO EVERY BODY IN THAT ROOM,,ENJOYED YA COMPANY,,PROPPA SOULITES..

:hatsoff2: AD TO GET OUT.....EXPLORE...MMM...RAY..?..DOWN D STAIRS..IM SURE WEN I CAME EAR IN D 70,S IT AD AN ESCULATOR..

CUM ON DUDE THEESE FEET NEED TO BOOGIE...1ST ROOM..FUNK..CUM ON AV IT..1 GUD RECORD ART OV 5 ..AY BAD..:no:

ROOM 2,,OLDIES,,M8 I AY A FCKIN SNOB,,"I ENJOY DANCIN,,"LUV IT,,,STANDIN WAIT-IN TO SQEEGE IN ON D FLOOR,,(IMAGINE).. ALLO LUV AHHR YA DUIN, AHWRITE AM YA....(IT CAN ONNY APPEN TO ME) "HI.. YO CHATTIN MAR MISSES UP???? EVER TING IS STARTIN TO HIT ME BOOZE,,THE LOT..RERIN TO DANCE. WOT M8..BLAH,BLAH.. BURT IT AY WURTH PRINT IN...DANCED..4 RECORDS...BURT CUM ON WEEM GUIN? :ohmy: MAAN.

I DONT BELIEVE ITS BUTTER...I HONESTLY THURT IT WOZ JUST ME,,NAAHH,,,20 ODD PEEPS,,WEVE ADD ANUFF..:yes:

FUST TIME IVE EVA ADD A MOAN,,BUT PEOPLE START PUTTIN IT DOWN AS YOU SEE IT...LIFES 2 SHORT,,AN 2 EXPENSIVE..WOT APPEND 2 D SOUL..

NO CATOGERIES,PLEASE,I JUST LUV SOUL,BOOGIE-IN, AN PEOPLE, PROPPA PEOPLE..SOS CHRIS.N DAVE, I NO LADS,BIN DER AN DUN IT. 10/10 FOR YA EFFORT....I AM NOW CURRENTLY RUNNIN ROUND WEDNESBURY PARK WIV A JAK RUSSEL THROW BAK,,CUDN,T GET RID OV ME ENERGY.

WOT EVA......:wink: DUDES IM GON,,NUFFIN PERSONAL..X KENNY H.thumbsup.gif

That reads like a Chris Morris northern soul alnighter sketch. Best lookback ever!

Guest ang b

Just got up from a couple of hours trying to sleep, What a fatastic night from beging to end, Awsome, the crowds, people i not seen for years & the music was just great, Thanks to all organisers, was the best night ive had in a long time thumbup.gif

Guest wigan bob

OMG - how good was that?

Not particularly for the music although that was pretty awesome too (haven't danced that much for a long time) but for a gathering of the Soul 'clan' - apologies if I miss anyone but it was truly fabulous to see all of the following together in one place:

Guy, Keb, Kitch, Julia, Dean, Byrnie, Steve Phyllis, Skip, Teff, Sharon, Chuddy & Debbie, Craig & Debbie, Pete (Birthday boy) Flynn, Tony, Rob Wigley (no Karen - Shame), Karen, Stuart & Penny Wraith, Sue (no Brad - shame), Dave & Kate, Kyle & Rosemary, Sue Blackburn, , Claire Shard, Colin Law, Keith Whitson & his ladies, Jock, Steve & Alan Walls, Mick & Kirsty Connolly, Johnno, Chalky, Robbo (looking good mate), Gaz Kellett (who I worry a little about), Billy Mercer, Dave Molloy, Tony Smith, Ion, Lorraine Bennett, Alison Nolan, Debbie Troops, Chris Ashby, Martin, my very good freinds Tony Holdsworth, Jacqui Bicknell (no Mark - shame) & Col & Karen Taylor & last but certainly not least my Ali who only decided to come about 2 weeks ago after getting an earbashing from the aforementioned JB and KT...

IMHO

Best line of the night; Keb - "I've been asked to play to records I played 25 years ago, thats going to be f***ing difficult, I've only got 3"

Best TOTW type spot - Guy

Best spot overall - Ady Pountain who I finally introduced myself to after all this time

Best people - Chris & Dave for allowing it to happen

Mick

were there any body playing cd.s

OMG - how good was that?

Mick

fookin' fantastic, both socially, many faces who not seen for an age and musically, soul music how it should be at an all-nighter :tumbleweed3: great to see a full dance floor all night dancing to 60's 70's and 80's all in the same room!! Big thumbs up to Chris, Mace, Dave Thorley and to all the DJs :D

hatsoff2.gif WELL,WELL. HOPE SOMEBODYS GUNNA TELL D TRUTH,FOLKS,,ONCE IVE GOT ME FRIGGIN YEAD STRAIT,,I THINK ILL TELL IT AS IT IS..MY OPION..WOT A LOAD OV BOLLERCO,S..........ARSE ABOWT FACE,,THE HOLE SET UP WOZ,,WENT TO THIS WITH HIGH HOPES..BUT FCK ME LET DOWN AY THE WORD...ohmy.gifohmy.gif SHOCKD SOS GUYS..OW DO YOU THINK I FEEL..OPENS THE DOOR..WAM I WOZ MUGGE...D..LUV I ONY WANT A BOTTLE OV PILLS,NOT A CRATE...IVE BOURT 500 E,S CHEEPA..KEEP THE CHANGE; MY ARSE...

hatsoff2.gif AD TO GET OUT.....EXPLORE...MMM...RAY..?..DOWN D STAIRS..IM SURE WEN I CAME EAR IN D 70,S IT AD AN ESCULATOR..

CUM ON DUDE THEESE FEET NEED TO BOOGIE...1ST ROOM..FUNK..CUM ON AV IT..1 GUD RECORD ART OV 5 ..AY BAD..no.gif

ROOM 2,,OLDIES,,M8 I AY A FCKIN SNOB,,"I ENJOY DANCIN,,"LUV IT,,,STANDIN WAIT-IN TO SQEEGE IN ON D FLOOR,,(IMAGINE).. ALLO LUV AHHR YA DUIN, AHWRITE AM YA....(IT CAN ONNY APPEN TO ME) "HI.. YO CHATTIN MAR MISSES UP???? EVER TING IS STARTIN TO HIT ME BOOZE,,THE LOT..RERIN TO DANCE. WOT M8..BLAH,BLAH.. BURT IT AY WURTH PRINT IN...DANCED..4 RECORDS...BURT CUM ON WEEM GUIN? ohmy.gif MAAN.

I DONT BELIEVE ITS BUTTER...I HONESTLY THURT IT WOZ JUST ME,,NAAHH,,,20 ODD PEEPS,,WEVE ADD ANUFF..yes.gif

WOT EVA......wink.gif DUDES IM GON,,NUFFIN PERSONAL..X KENNY H.thumbsup.gif

what language is this written in :tumbleweed3::D

Couldn't have put it better myself Mick, had a blast. seeing the Stafford Crowd was amazing.....the sounds took me back in time....Stafford for us was a very special time and to relive it for a few hours was great.....me and Craig will see you very soon for your big one x

Totally agree and a massive well done to Dave, Mace and Chris for pulling together a truly wonderful night.

Its been a few years since I spent the midnight hours dancing my heart out at a nighter and I am in recovery mode today, but will remember last night for a long, long time.

Great to see Gary back behind the decks after all this time and could spend all day listing the great friends from the past that I saw last night but for everyone I caught back up with last night, thank you for making the night so special.

Mark (Gloucester)

I can't see very well to type at the moment!laugh.gif

Had a fab time. More on that later!thumbsup.gif

BRILL NITE IN EVERY WAY. THOUGHT THE GUYS IN THE HIGH VIS VESTS WAS A BIT OF A NAFF FASHION STATEMENT. I'LL STICK TO ME BOBBLE HAT WIV SLEEVES AND STRING WITH HOLES IN IT. QUOTE OF THE NITE "WHO PICKS UP GUIDE DOG CRAP!"

TO QUOTE SWISH IF I MAY "A THOUSAND ACES IN ONE PLACE"

A very special music and scene and to look aroundand saw it all, I realised how awesome to be a part of all that.

Kimbo

Edited by kimbo

sounds like a wonderful night. sorry we had to sell our tickets for one reason or another. a good friend from Oz was there, hope you all looked after him!! interested to hear how Gary Rushbrook got on and what tunes he played if anyone can oblige.

well done the organisers :tumbleweed3:

sounds like a wonderful night. sorry we had to sell our tickets for one reason or another. a good friend from Oz was there, hope you all looked after him!! interested to hear how Gary Rushbrook got on and what tunes he played if anyone can oblige.

well done the organisers :hatsoff2:

Gary played a great spot and well done to Ted Massey etc who lent Gary some of his rarities, as Ted says some of them were most probably Gary's originally.

Playlist included Magnetics, Little Stanley, Frankie Beverley, Gene Toones, Imaginations etc.

Mark

Guest Jeff1510

well done the organisers :tumbleweed3:

totally brill night only problem was couldnt decide which room to be in, they all worked well great atmosphere the organisers should give themselves a pat on the back for this one.

Guest souldjer 1

well worth the drive from plymouth.music was great mix of everything that was the point.dancefloor was in need of a drop of talc.

good to meet up with meggsy in stourbridge, shane n bev,matt,pip n mrs pip.hello to robbie the arsenal baggie.

pleasure to meet rose.great shuffler imo.keb was on form both on the floor and on the decks.

dean .plymouth.(2hrs from staffs to plymouth- stafford type sounds blasting all the way and not a copper in sight) fu**in loved it!

thanks tescos for not clamping anybody

We set off from Rugby at 7.30pm (only an hours drive but the fellow travellers were a tad excited)...:lol:

Almost got to Corley services when the car in front died...:ohmy:...Me thinking, how are we gunna get 11 of us in the van.

The fone rang "We've just passed you and we've pulled into the services if anyone wants a lift"...Cat and Rich, we love you...:thumbup:

Dumped the knackered car and carried on to Stafford...:thumbsup:

For the first time in many years, we queued outside and altho it was cold, I even loved that part of the whole night.

I knew from the pics that the room was not as we remembered but a decent sound system more than made up for it. (I'll not mention the sticky carpet and floor)...:lol:

Had fun and games getting lost and even as we were leaving, everyone just followed the person in front...made even funnier when I walked to the right at the bottem of the stairs to wait for others, only to realise that everyone behind me had followed...:lol:

I settled into the main room and had sooooooooo much fun all night...not one tune repeated and, apart from Peanut Duck, just about every tune that I loved at Stafford was played.

We managed to find a little corner to sprinkle our talc...:wicked:...only to have cleaner turn up with a mop, bucket and yellow sign...undetered, we put down some more and made a deal with a lovely bouncer, if we didn't put anymore down, he wouldn't notice it...wink.gif

I closed my eyes a lot of the time and was 18 and back on that floor...bloody shame the body dont act the same...:rolleyes:

Thanks to Dave, Chris, Mace and Marcelle (especially for the dj list)...great nite...well done.

What a brilliant nite music top notch and it was great to see a full dance floor all nite, great to see Gaz Kellett again after several years

still the same owd Gaz the Preston Cyberman.. I stayed in the main room all nite in fact i did,nt realise there was another room until i was on the way out at 5am:yes: . Last nite proved that get quality DJ,s on a great venue and the soulies are there to pack it, yip a nite to remember took some good photos during the nite which i will post later Keb & Guy what can ya say still got what it takes , from being picked up at 8pm by Jimmy Knowles and Jacko to the journey home it was a truely a nite to remember

many thanks to the organisers for putting it on and to everyone for such a great nite , Mark Hanson your a star mate loved the chat we had c ya soon thumbsup.gif

LOVE, PEACE & HAPPINESS

Ian Cunliffe

What a fooking awesome end to a brilliant Easter......absolutely loved the whole nighter....especially Adam's spot....which sent me goosepimply....but what amazed me was how busy ALL the rooms were..to pull of something of this magnitude is a real achievement fot all involved in the organisation...and should be well applauded.....there was no lull at all during the niter ..and it went far too quickly ..despite us having a breakdown on the M6 ..and having to wait an hour before we could resume our journey..the only bug bear..the dancefloor was very hard work....but what more than made up for it ..was the sheer volume of friends....that was there....and nothing can ever put a price on that...Mick Howard....sorry didnt get to see ya babes.....next time....Delxxxxxx

Guest Tassled Loafer

Stunning Night, I Varied Around All Three Rooms All Night And They Were All Spot On.

Big Thanks To The Guys & Girls Responsible For Organising It, Brilliant.

Edited by Tassled Loafer

What a fooking awesome end to a brilliant Easter......absolutely loved the whole nighter....especially Adam's spot....which sent me goosepimply....but what amazed me was how busy ALL the rooms were..to pull of something of this magnitude is a real achievement fot all involved in the organisation...and should be well applauded.....there was no lull at all during the niter ..and it went far too quickly ..despite us having a breakdown on the M6 ..and having to wait an hour before we could resume our journey..the only bug bear..the dancefloor was very hard work....but what more than made up for it ..was the sheer volume of friends....that was there....and nothing can ever put a price on that...Mick Howard....sorry didnt get to see ya babes.....next time....Delxxxxxx

Adelle

Were you standing at the side of the main dance floor at some stage? If so, I saw you but wasn't sure if it was you and didn't want to make myself look like a pillock.. If it was sorry too.

Mick

Source Advert