Ivorys (No Longer) Going Cheap On The Bay

Guest Brian Ellis

Guest Brian Ellis

Frying pan version of The Ivorys - Please Stay on Despenza.

Looks pretty shot, and the sound file is even worse. Currently with 1 day to go it's at $102. But who'd want that even at that price (otherwise known as 'suitable for DJing' :hatsoff2: ).

https://cgi.ebay.com/...6QQcmdZViewItem

As they say - ENJOY !! :thumbsup:

Edited by Brian Ellis
Social source share

• Replies 32
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Brian Ellis

i've never seen a background that hideous it sent my eyes funny :lol::D

And the guy certainly lays the law down with his 'conditions of sale'. Seems about as customer friendly as a certain Mr Domar :ohmy:

Social source share

The question has to be as I've mentioned before on here why? buy a record that you can't play due to poor condition also how some people can even offer such poor condition records up for sale in the first place is a joke that ain't funny, don't matter how good or how rare a record is if it's fucked it's fucked and should have no market value at all, best place for records in this condition is a skip and not a record box.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

The question has to be as I've mentioned before on here why? buy a record that you can't play due to poor condition also how some people can even offer such poor condition records up for sale in the first place is a joke that ain't funny, don't matter how good or how rare a record is if it's fucked it's fucked and should have no market value at all, best place for records in this condition is a skip and not a record box.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Or could be turned into an attractive peanut dish - gas mark 5,for 30 seconds.Ideal for the parties of distinction.

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

doesnt sound that bad to my ears and not everybody can pull £800 out of their pocket for a clean copy. most of us have to save and put money in a jar. dont get me wrong if it goes much higher then it would be silly but for some its probably the best they could ever hope for

dave

With just over 3 hours to go it's 3 times the price it was at yesterday - now $305 - WOW :thumbsup:

Social source share

Seller wont be happy now,..latest bidders got a "0" ebay score,...and he dont accept bids from anyone under 10 ..:thumbsup:

MIGHT JUST BE SOME CNUT JUST OUT TO SCUPPER HIS AUCTION, JUST MADE MYSELF ANOTHER EBAY ACCOUNT AND ALL THAT. RECORD DON'T SOUND TOO BAD, LABEL LOOKS SHAT THO

BRI PINCH

Social source share

560 dollars (£361) just been splashed out on this :thumbsup: .

What price for a minty?

Probably in the £800 region Brian.

Strange how the names on the wand and despenza copies are spelt different ?? ivories ...ivorys

Social source share

If anyone is interested I have a mint copy I will be putting up for sale.I am just starting to go through my record box and make a sales list as they have to go, no good sitting in the box most unplayed in the last 30 plus years. I can supply pictures or what ever is needed. Thanks Rob

Social source share

I am one of those heathens who couldn't give a fig what the label looks like as long as it plays ok.

Agreed, however i still think this one ended some what on the high side. I'd have certainly coughed up the $102 or what ever it was that prompted this thread.

Edited by John A
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert