Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

becker154

Advert On The Itv Today

Just seen an advert for Shredded Wheat today showing a Northern soul enthusiast dancing its on ITV stepping back in time ? sorry cant copy link

Edited by becker154

here are...

The 30-second ad, which is called "soul man", was created by McCann London and breaks today on ITV during an episode of Coronation Street. A two-minute version of the ad will also run online.

The spot opens with a husband and father from Shrewsbury called Dave, who also narrates the spot. Dave had to give up his great love — the early Northern Soul scene — when he had a family but has now thrown himself back into the lifestyle, and the dancing.

30 sec

2min

With research they may have found that its not necessarily a scene conducive to or equating to good health for the most part..............especially heart related campaign........... :-(

Yep!, someone should have told them the wide eyes and fast chewing wasn't excitement to eat another Shreadded Wheat

What's with the negatives people. It may even bring more young soulies onto this scene that's been my life for forty years. Hope Dave made a few quid out of it.

Steve

No money changed hands, but he did secure a lifetime's supply of a certain high fibre breakfast cereal.

Wait till 'Rice Crisps' get in on the act with an ad featuring David Morris's "Snap", "Crackle", "Pop"  (Plush Records) playing in the background :wicked: 

Dave

Edited by Louise

Yet more commercialization of the Northern Soul scene!!

This is what happens when people decide to Use it, to make money or fame for themselves!

I knew that film would just end up making a mockery of the whole thing again!

Edited by solidsoul

On the clothes thing. The guys are bad enough, but to see fifty year old woman in flared skirts with ankle socks and covered in tattoos I find repulsive.

I never went to Wigan, but I don't ever remember seeing lasses dressed like that in the seventies. 

What's with the negatives people. It may even bring more young soulies onto this scene that's been my life for forty years. Hope Dave made a few quid out of it.

Steve

because some on here would knock anything.......think they would prefer it back in the 90s with hardly any venues and the same people at every one..........god forbid anyone new getting into it!!!

watch out for a new soul venue - shredded wheat heart and soul club

Hi Russ - Shredded Beats plays some soul and has operated for years in Welwyn Garden City…..so named as the town was the former home of Nabisco. 

Edited by Steve G

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts