mike

News: Men jailed for ‘fake’ vinyl records scam

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 19:26, Winsford Soul said:

Many years ago when I had one of the first Terry Callier. Ordinary Joe. Cadet demos I was offered through a third party £750 and a further percentage amount depending on sales to lend my record out. A small part of me was tempted not with the money but at the thought of lots more people would have the chance to get a copy of one of the greatest songs ever laid down on vinyl but i couldn't do it on principle.  

Steve 

good man. I cant stand djs that do that .

5 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

This one has always interested me (looks like the cat number is a D.O.B.)

KIngy.jpg

Kingy B.jpg

Things of beauty 🤢, I collect those 🤥 and find it hard to get a proper discography 👸🏽 of the Kingy records 🙈 and their rather complicated catalogue numbering system 👾... Boot or worthless reissues... as Johnny Moore sang; Just be for real !

3 minutes ago, tlscapital said:

Things of beauty 🤢, I collect those 🤥 and find it hard to get a proper discography 👸🏽 of the Kingy records 🙈 and their rather complicated catalogue numbering system 👾... Boot or worthless reissues... as Johnny Moore sang; Just be for real !

So do we know who did it/them ?

On 04/12/2018 at 10:39, Rocky said:

Hmmmm, illegal or not it's a bit hypocritical if you sell a legal 7" for hundreds profit and don't give a penny to the artist or label don't you think?!?

⚠️

KEEP CALM

AND ENJOY

FUNNY  ILLOGICAL

COMMENTS

Edited by Soulsides

On 05/12/2018 at 13:20, speedlimit said:

Let's just say they were done in Nottingham along with a whole batch of others in the early 2000's I'm saying no more

No need-the same bastard sold me a load out of his boot wen I it’s stared collecting-specials he said-the prat-I got rid 

Posted (edited)

As it happens I did the initial artwork for the birthday giveaway label as a favour to him. 

If i'm assuming right the 'others' you are referring to are the white labels - actually you're wrong - he got the blame for them but someone else did them (apart from the initial ones which he had official permission from Motown to do SOME in order 'to promote to DJs' ahead of the unissued CD comps) - I know exactly who but let's leave it there - don't forget without his running with the ball on the permission thing we would never have seen most of that stuff.

Dx

Edited by DaveNPete

9 minutes ago, DaveNPete said:

As it happens I did the initial artwork for the birthday giveaway label as a favour to him. 

If i'm assuming right the 'others' you are referring to are the white labels - actually you're wrong - he got the blame for them but someone else did them (apart from the initial ones which he had official permission from Motown to do SOME in order 'to promote to DJs' ahead of the unissued CD comps) - I know exactly who but let's leave it there - don't forget without his running with the ball on the permission thing we would never have seen most of that stuff.

Dx

So just to confirm the ones with artwork are not bootlegs then like everyone said ? :)

Posted (edited)

The initial production in small numbers supposedly had the nod from Harry Weingler at Motown to be put out to DJs as they were at least initially (they certainly willingly initially gave him full access to the digitised tape vaults) to pre-promote the planned releases of the CDs of unissued stuff - though of course he did 'run with the ball' somewhat - though ultimately MUCH to our benefit.

Dx

Edited by DaveNPete

Ref-Kingy I did the initial one that he did as a giveaway for his birthday bash (and said he had rights for) - thereafter I had nothing to do with them.

Dx

27 minutes ago, DaveNPete said:

Ref-Kingy I did the initial one that he did as a giveaway for his birthday bash (and said he had rights for) - thereafter I had nothing to do with them.

Dx

Dave. That was the. Marvin Gaye 

it's killing me ( love starved heart) for his 40th bash at Bretby I'm assuming 

Steve 

12 hours ago, shufflin said:

someone paid £85 for one those last September according to Discogs, so this was licenced then?

It appears these were both made for a particular DJ to celebrate his birthdays, at the time and as yet we have no idea as to whether they were licensed, I am pretty sure with the knowledge on this site someone will know if they were or weren't

I picked up two of the Marvin Gaye’s on the night at Bretby in 1996. Only got one left though. Traded one for a CD on the night.

1 hour ago, JulianB said:

Brexit can't come fast enough😀

I am staggered at the repros of the Soul Sounds ones.....Bootlegs of Bootlegs......wow !!!!

Perhaps one of our Spanish friends on Soul source will contact the authorities

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.