Show us your great photos 2021

Amsterdam Russ

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

First day back down in Pembrokeshire and just mooching with the camera trying to capture some sunset colour in the last few clouds in the sky and as i pressed the shutter button  a Swallow flew across the viewfinder, bit blurred but not sure how many more i will see this year

IB2A1536 (2).JPG

Nice picture mate . Enjoy and look forward to more cracking photos 👍

• Thanks 1
Social source share

9 minutes ago, Soulandy said:

Nice picture mate . Enjoy and look forward to more cracking photos 👍

Thanks Andy. Weather forecast is quite good from Tuesday onwards  so hope to get across to Caldy island and the Red Squirrels.

The long staying Osprey  has left for Africa so wont be as fortunate / lucky as last year .

• Up vote 1
Social source share

A blinking male Woodpecker sticking its tongue out and on its regular pecking post. Both taken through the cottage window ( need,s cleaning )  this morning 

IB2A1609 (2).JPG

IB2A1612 (2).JPG

I was watching some nature program and it said a woodpecker wraps it’s tongue round it’s brain or summat like that when knocking on the tree etc to protect it, stop it from bouncing round the skull. 

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

A blinking male Woodpecker sticking its tongue out and on its regular pecking post. Both taken through the cottage window ( need,s cleaning )  this morning 

IB2A1609 (2).JPG

IB2A1612 (2).JPG

Can't quite make it out mate. Get Lou to sort those windows out.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

42 minutes ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

Monster Pike . Caught Lovers Lane , Yarm .

Length 5ft 4ins . Weight beyond 35lb . Weight scale exceeded limit . Damaged right bicep landing it . Like dragging tree trunk . Tail walk was amazing . Had 4 layers on as it was 🥶  . Injected dace was bait . 

Screenshot_20210418-180344_Photos.jpg

See size to weight guide used for catch and release so as not to cause any more distress to the fish. Your fish would be  a uk best according to the overall length of 5ft 4in = 64 " 

As far as I'm aware the current British record is still the 46 lb fish caught from a Welsh  reservoir but I could be mistaken as I thought one of 53 lb had been caught fairly recently but that would still be 13" smaller than the fish in the picture 

Screenshot_20211003-214151_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

See size to weight guide used for catch and release so as not to cause any more distress to the fish. Your fish would be  a uk best according to the overall length of 5ft 4in = 64 " 

As far as I'm aware the current British record is still the 46 lb fish caught from a Welsh  reservoir but I could be mistaken as I thought one of 53 lb had been caught fairly recently but that would still be 13" smaller than the fish in the picture 

Screenshot_20211003-214151_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for that . Can tell you Pike was fine upon release . Did have couple witnesses with me . That chart is close Pike vary seasonal due to spawning  . She was fat and ready . 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

On 03/10/2021 at 12:20, Winsford Soul said:

How do you clean a Woodpecker Steve ......... carefully 😄

Edited by Martyn Pitt
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Coolnotes said:

Im not sure of the expected boundaries of these photo's , but .. A couple of my scooter 'Gladys' , the first one taken in the Yorkshire Dales. The 3rd one ..taken on one of our early "Lock Down" walks , when we came across Lizzy - an eccentric local runner who went out in fancy dress just to lift peoples spirits. Here on the Leeds - Liverpool canal. 

IMG_9930.JPG

5HE0+gs3Qf6k%n18QQv1FQ.jpg

IMG_8664.JPG

Welcome to our little picture gallery, we are all amateurs as far as i know and there,s no rules on what you can post apart from the site rules, look forward to seeing more 

Ste

Social source share

5 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

These are the Badgers i was photographing last night when i was lucky enough to see the Fox

The first Badger is so distinctive with the white stripe across its shoulders and it must be either a Cub from this year or its a new member of the Clan as in all the years ive been watching and photographing these two setts here on the farm i have never seen this particular one until now

IB2A1794 (2).JPG

IB2A1830.JPG

Brilliant photos Steve. We live at Badger Farm near Masham. Do we see any badgers. NO.....

• Thanks 1
Social source share

The Royal Society of Biology has announced the winners of its annual photography competition, which attracted more than 1,600 entries.

First prize went to Vishwanath Birje for his photo of ants feeding on honeydew excreted by a yellow aphid.

_120994088_2815f4fa-9b2e-4909-ab02-155dc

Source: BBC News / © Vishwanath Birje

Pics here:

https://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-58828861

• Up vote 3
Social source share

10 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

I have taken a few photographs over the years some not to bad, some just record shots until i can manage better ones but today i have taken a photograph of a male Kestrel perched among the heather on a Sea cliff that i will probably never better in my life. hope you are all as happy with it as i am. So chuffed

IB2A2238 (2).JPG

Great shot. I can imagine you lying down out of sight to get that 🙂 nice one

• Thanks 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Soulandy said:

Great shot. I can imagine you lying down out of sight to get that 🙂 nice one

Thanks Andy. I slowly walked to about 15 metres away then  kind of knelt down and moved slowly closer to within about 10 metres  then i took the picture

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share