Ted Massey Robbery Records Stolen

Brent

2 hours ago, Ted Massey said:

Thank you all for the kind comments im holding up ok at the moment just hope it doesn't go on for a long time. The police are looking into it and getting the cctv from the pub to see if i was followed. i was home by 7.30 and it happened at 11.30  they were in the house no longer than 2 minutes   

i'm sorry to hear all this put some feelers out for you like half the country has Ted ,good job they only got part of your wonderful collection,they weren't on a lighter note   after your shirts thank god stay safe this will be sorted!!!!1

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Hi Ted ,

I share your pain , I have been burgaled 3 times in  the past 10 years , it  is the worst feeling,,,, all my belongings ramsacked , but no personal harm,,,,, all items can be replaced !   Stay Strong ,  Time Does  Heal,,," Nil Caborundum Bastardo"  , On behalf Of All Soul Source Friends,,,  LOL John Malaga Spain..

• Up vote 3
Social source share

I hope the records were insured. Not that they would be able to be replaced, but still. If progress is made and the records are recovered, that would be the best outcome.

Such a shocking act and I struggle to wonder that someone with some scene knowledge could sanction such an act. All the recipient could do is to keep them, as selling or playing them out are not an option. Buying pressings might have worked better.

I’m glad you are okay Ted and I sincerely hope you can remain mentally strong and not suffer anymore than you already have.

If you need anything, say the word.

Edited by Simsy
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

Shocking news 😢😢

All i can say is stay strong mate and thank God you are physically ok.That’s the most important thing.I am sure it terribly hurts especially collecting decades and huge pieces gone within 2 minutes that’s much be horrible.I hope these pricks will get caught.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

7 minutes ago, Andybellwood said:

It's been there for a couple of days and, like a number of other pieces of online reporting around this incident, its journalistic accuracy is crap. This piece states "...the thieves took his extensive record collection."

No, they didn't. They took two boxes. Get your facts straight, NME!

• Up vote 3
Social source share

44 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

It's been there for a couple of days and, like a number of other pieces of online reporting around this incident, its journalistic accuracy is crap. This piece states "...the thieves took his extensive record collection."

No, they didn't. They took two boxes. Get your facts straight, NME!

I think on this occasion Russ, better to over-report than not at all. If it were one taken it would still feel like shit.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Total sympathies for Ted - an unimaginable experience and loss.  Lets just hope these records somehow get returned and it doesn't put Ted off doing what he does best and sharing them with crowds around the country. Whoever is behind this or is tempted to keep quiet if anything comes their way has in some way attacked the whole scene... we have probably lost the opportunity to ever listen or dance to some of these records at a proper event. Every one will be even more nervous regarding their own collections. DJ's will have to be on their guard to and from events etc...

Social source share

On 28/02/2023 at 14:13, Ted Massey said:

Thank you all for the kind comments im holding up ok at the moment just hope it doesn't go on for a long time. The police are looking into it and getting the cctv from the pub to see if i was followed. i was home by 7.30 and it happened at 11.30  they were in the house no longer than 2 minutes   

Keep the faith ted the little shits will be caught at least your health is ok

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 27/02/2023 at 11:12, Brent said:

Update on Teds PosT added

im feeling more suicidal as I add things 

Arthur Wills

United sounds 

Salt and pepper 

Joseph Webster 

Hamilton movement 

Rideout 

Appointments 

Reggie Alexander 

Tommy ridgley 

Volumes Karen 

Pee wee shuck and Huey 

Pat lewis 

Seville

Johnny Rogers

Johnny McCall

J P Robinson

True image x2

Infinity 

Jimmy bo horn 

Mixed feelings 

Patterson twins Malaco

Pro fascination

Mark 1V 7”

Gloria Barnes 7”

Barbara King Gulfstream

The Camaros 

Magnetics Count

Lee McKinney I’ll keep holding on

Flash mckinnly

Mr soul

Brand new 

Roy Roberts so much in love 

Montclairs Hey you

Differences 5mins

Willie tee I’m having so much fun

Willie Tee teasing you 

Mel Williams groove my mind

Mel Williams Sweet girl of mine

Summits Toy soldier yellow label

Poets Wrapped around 

Chuck Cockerham 

Betty wilson I’m yours

Hi Ted

If there is any positive from this i would say these have been stolen to sell or to fit in some piece of shitz collection either way they are gonna be looked after they will not want to damage them they obviously know there value. 

Hopefully the Law catch up with these pricks and retrieve them soon , stay strong.

Dave.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Just be aware not everyone thinks like soul / record collectors - it maybe there’s so much heat on the records they have been dumped, the list of records stolen has been made public so all the 4K plus records get rid - and bleed the 1k - 3k back through numerous sales sites. 🤔🤔

Edited by Source
edited post as the quotes seemed messed up?
Social source share

I unfortunately have been hit hard too.

In the last 4 months I have lost over 50,000 records most through air vents above my garage that have since been secured. LPS 45s 78s. 2 “friends” who set me up..

many have appeared on a few east coast auctions (the big guys) consistently since.

Since I have no inventory lists, and no cctv footage (hacked), I’m 100% out of pocket. I haven’t sold at any shows now for month due to security concerns.

My life is upside down now.

The police want a list and footage and are condescending.

Records are hard to get back once they’re gone.

Organized setup against me that is getting others rich now.

yes, many rare ones have vanished.

😡😔

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

So many scumbags out there just to ruin people lives 

quite sometime ago at a local  soul nite I had two rare records stolen 

Terri Goodnight on Phelecton

and Johnny Hampton on Dotty , both are rare and extremely expensive.

On 28/02/2023 at 10:35, Siz Sale said:

Hi Ted

i had all my records stolen at a "Rhyl" all dayer in fact it was one of the catalysts for me leaving the scene.

i did manage to get them back after giving a cast iron guarantee that they would not be prosecuted and it was all arranged through a third party.

It broke my heart and cost me about 25% of what the box of 150 records was worth but what is the alternative to see your years of toil and collecting go down the drain.

I funded it by selling 4 or 5 of my top tunes to save the rest, I still don't know to this day who was behind it but the mental turmoil between right and wrong tore me up and still does to this day.

i sincerely hope you have a happy outcome but somebody knows and an offer like mine however repugnant to some might just work. 

And yes you guessed it I never got them back 

On 28/02/2023 at 10:35, Siz Sale said:

Hi Ted

i had all my records stolen at a "Rhyl" all dayer in fact it was one of the catalysts for me leaving the scene.

i did manage to get them back after giving a cast iron guarantee that they would not be prosecuted and it was all arranged through a third party.

It broke my heart and cost me about 25% of what the box of 150 records was worth but what is the alternative to see your years of toil and collecting go down the drain.

I funded it by selling 4 or 5 of my top tunes to save the rest, I still don't know to this day who was behind it but the mental turmoil between right and wrong tore me up and still does to this day.

i sincerely hope you have a happy outcome but somebody knows and an offer like mine however repugnant to some might just work. 

Social source share

It’s astounding the nerve of these individuals. They are selling records stolen from me to my contacts, and at shows I helped them book. Words cannot describe the pain and misery they’ve caused. And they still keep coming back.. it’s not easy to catch them, even though I’m very aware who they are.

Be careful. Your locks and security system will mean nothing when you become a targeted individual.

Edited by Mikevague
Social source share

It definitely takes the wind out of your sails…

Liabilities and fear of theft are a millstone. There is no justification or excuse for theft, especially these records. They are a part of us and our life’s work. 40 years, non stop, I did this. Those who can’t work for their wares, but steal them, have gained no value, even the cash when sold is cursed.  Karma is real. 
Someday these vermin will regret it.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

2 hours ago, Mikevague said:

It definitely takes the wind out of your sails…

Liabilities and fear of theft are a millstone. There is no justification or excuse for theft, especially these records. They are a part of us and our life’s work. 40 years, non stop, I did this. Those who can’t work for their wares, but steal them, have gained no value, even the cash when sold is cursed.  Karma is real. 
Someday these vermin will regret it.

Hope you are right about Karma. These ba---ard- deserve it !

How will they shift big ticket numbers without being noticed...They have got to have been nicked to order from another collector. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

The instigators of my theft will be set up and selling at a very big record show in europe this weekend. 

Buyers beware,  they are selling blood diamonds..

They have raped my collection, stock, and family. Keep that in mind before you support criminal activity.

They are Americans, I used to share space with them.

Be careful, it can happen to any of us.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!