Cover Up .uncovered?

Go to solution Solved by Soulfinger,

5 hours ago, Mal C said:

This one? a so, so sixties pop record...got bugger all to do with Northern Soul...

Says "Samantha appeared on stage and on TV alongside some of the biggest names of the decade, including Val Doonican, Arthur Askey, Ken Dodd and Simon Dee".

My ears are bleeding 

Social source share

10 hours ago, Benji said:

What has "the scene" to do with one guy trying to sell a poor record way overpriced? Seriously.

He sells “northern soul” records and with it being “covered up” he is hoping to sell to some unsuspecting Dj on the “scene” I guess. 

Edited by Chalky
Social source share

This bloke has been trying this stuff on for years, no one ever touches these comedy 45s he tries to sell - to my knowledge. As Benji said one chancer trying it on doesn’t mean the scene is f*cked. Plenty of other things that could screw it other than this guy’s antics. Fully agree it isn’t pleasant to think he would try and take someone for that much money though.

Edited by Corbett80
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

4 hours ago, Corbett80 said:

This bloke has been trying this stuff on for years, no one ever touches these comedy 45s he tries to sell - to my knowledge. As Benji said one chancer trying it on doesn’t mean the scene is f*cked. Plenty of other things that could screw it other than this guy’s antics. Fully agree it isn’t pleasant to think he would try and take someone for that much money though.

About sums it up, if I was listening to that to see if I'd buy at a car boot it wouldn't get past the ten second mark. 

Social source share

Well to contribute to this negatively.

Just as bad are the crappy out and out garage records being passed off as soul!!!

Please please please open your eyes to the thousands of under/never played cheap soul records out there.

And stop trying to be a thingy waver.Its unsightly at our age.😅🤣😂

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 29/10/2023 at 07:44, Ian Parker said:

i will follow him, peggy march

city lights , jerry naylor

tell me what he said , shapiro

one more tear, barbara cooper

i could go on,  all of the above are no better than that shocker posted above.    dreadful.     time to put the SOUL back , into Northern.....

I thought we had spoken about Jerry Naylor ? laughing

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!