Tubbs

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 940
  • Views 135.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

How about this one?

"Rough out here" was long thought to be LP only, then Peruvian 45 release showed up and it wasn't cheap. Had one and sold it.

But i've never seen or heard of this one. Greek release, with full 4:39 version of "Rough out here" and on flip there's "Love at last" - beautiful little tune and to my knowledge first and only time released on a 45

modulations.jpg

modulations flip.jpg

Edited by psamsara
  • Thanks 1
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2015 at 00:31, psamsara said:

How about this one?

"Rough out here" was long thought to be LP only, then Peruvian 45 release showed up and it wasn't cheap. Had one and sold it.

But i've never seen or heard of this one. Greek release, with full 4:39 version of "Rough out here" and on flip there's "Love at last" - beautiful little tune and to my knowledge first and only time released on a 45

modulations.jpg

modulations flip.jpg

here's the Peruvian 45

The Modulations - It's Rough Out Here.jpg

Social source share

3 hours ago, Benji said:

Why do you think it's Belgian? BIEM indicates France, Belgium would be SABAM, wouldn't it?

Because those black Brunswick are ! If you know the French pressings and the Belgian ones, you can tell them appart even though it's written BIEM. You have the typos/fonts and then you have the company sleeves, the art-sleeves and the picture sleeves that are specific (when you have them, not all seem to have "deserve" one) that are another strong lead.

Edited by tlscapital
Social source share

6 minutes ago, Benji said:

ok. Never noticed that. I also thought that Belgian pressings all had centres, like the dutch ones.

Some singles in France had sometimes triangle ejectable centers in the 5T's and early 6T's. In Holland some had the rond ejectable centers but most had the big centers. In Germany I believe that all had the big centers as in Belgium.

Social source share

1 hour ago, tlscapital said:

Some singles in France had sometimes triangle ejectable centers in the 5T's and early 6T's. In Holland some had the rond ejectable centers but most had the big centers. In Germany I believe that all had the big centers as in Belgium.

Singles in Belgium are mostly with large centers but do also come with smaller ones.

3 hours ago, tlscapital said:

Because those black Brunswick are ! If you know the French pressings and the Belgian ones, you can tell them appart even though it's written BIEM. You have the typos/fonts and then you have the company sleeves, the art-sleeves and the picture sleeves that are specific (when you have them, not all seem to have "deserve" one) that are another strong lead.

Any chance you could post a

Any chance you can post a few Belgium labels the ones I own have SABAM.

Social source share

On 18 décembre 2015 at 15:18, Chris L said:

Singles in Belgium are mostly with large centers but do also come with smaller ones.

Any chance you could post a

Any chance you can post a few Belgium labels the ones I own have SABAM.

Smaller holes for 6T's 45rpm's in Belgium ? What labels had that ? Here's an example on the BIEM plot;

this is HollandScan10001.thumb.JPG.2f2267f0b609c0caf04c

this is BelgiumScan10002.thumb.JPG.67b97c24c54767155164

and it's French counterpart567421e944eb3_Capturedcran2015-12-1816.0

and the French example. So you see SABAM is Belgian only !  SACEM is also for France only ! But BIEM was for Belgium, Holland, France and more...Scan10003.thumb.JPG.d95ebe1b7ca8f3b641b3

Edited by tlscapital
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

22 hours ago, tlscapital said:

Smaller holes for 6T's 45rpm's in Belgium ? What labels had that ? Here's an example on the BIEM plot; So you see SABAM is Belgian only !  SACEM is also for France only ! But BIEM was for Belgium, Holland and France.

You're probably right, I only found one Belgian on MCA with small holes can't see if it's been made in Holland, probably has.

Social source share

Regarding BIEM - I've a Dells 45 on Italian Cadet with that on.

A quick Google search shows this:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is a list of BIEM member organisations.

1. Albania ALBAUTOR
  2. Argentina SADAIC
  3. Austria AUSTROMECHANA
  4. Belgium SABAM
  5. Brazil SBACEM
  6. Bulgaria MUSICAUTOR
  7. Canada SODRAC
  8. Chile SCD
  9. China MCSC
  10. Croatia HDS
  11. Czech Republic OSA
  12. Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Lithuania and Estonia NCB
  13. France SDRM
  14. Georgia GESAP
  15. Germany GEMA
  16. Greece AEPI
  17. Guinea-Bissau SGA
  18. Hong Kong CASH
  19. Hungary ARTISJUS
  20. Israel ACUM
  21. Italy, The Vatican, San Marino SIAE
  22. Japan JASRAC
  23. Malaysia MACP
  24. Mexico SACM
  25. Netherlands STEMRA
  26. Peru APDAYC
  27. Philippines FILSCAP
  28. Poland ZAIKS
  29. Portugal Sociedade Portuguesa de Autores (SPA)
  30. Romania UCMR-ADA
  31. Russian Federation RAO
  32. Serbia and Montenegro SOKOJ
  33. Slovakia SOZA
  34. Slovenia SAZAS
  35. Spain SGAE
  36. Switzerland, Liechtenstein SUISA
  37. Trinidad, Tobago COTT
  38. Turkey MESAM
  39. Ukraine UACRR
  40. United Kingdom MCPS
  41. United States of America HFA
  42. Uruguay AGADU
  43. Venezuela SACVEN

So, it doesn't relate to a specific country but represents a lot of them, there's too much to post on here, but this link gives you a good idea of what BIEM is and does: https://www.biem.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=20&Itemid=442&lang=en

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Have this in Sales at the moment, very nice on Aussie W&G... I also have a black label variation, which has the same cat number.. sometimes these are NZ copies, but this one say Oz... I guess it was a big seller...

Beverly's-All-Stars---The-Man.jpg

Desmond-Decker.jpg

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

7 hours ago, Chris L said:

Very nice, some serious label staring coming up I feel...................

Thank you, I have many more on foreign labels too, I love them to bits, just different to the normal releases, and many are original too as they were released at the same time as the US and UK releases. The Dutch 'Roulette' Ila Van for instance, released in 1967 the same time as the 'Roulette' release in the US, and the 'Hit' release in Spain. so it's as original as original can be.

Mexican

Exciters - Number one.jpg

French

Love you baby.jpg

German

Panic.jpg

Spiral_starecase_oz.JPG

French

2016-04-15 17.02.23.jpg

French

2016-04-15 17.03.02.jpg

French

2016-04-15 17.03.43.jpg

Mexican

2016-04-15 17.06.54.jpg

Edited by Northern Soul UK
Social source share

1 hour ago, Triode said:

Bloody hell never seen or heard of that one!  Very nice indeed, one of my all time favourites,

I just love that Hammond Organ.

Triode

It's a scan from my own copy I sold many years ago. Never seen another. Unfortunately I can't remember where it went. Because I'd try to buy it back straight away!

Social source share

Nice Vogue test pressing, I've never seen it before (and I'm Frenchie)....the stamp on the label means it comes from a French radio station called "La Radio des Vallées" (still existing) in the south west mountains of France, in the Pyrénées (near Andorra & Spain)...surely a long travel for this record!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!