John Manship's Tease Auction

snooky

The JM tease has changed to:

The world’s RAREST Northern Soul Classic ORIGINAL!

:g:  :g:

That rather changes the direction of play then....

Suggests this is something that is available somehow but not as an original and official vinyl release (maybe just on tape, as an acetate or a bootleg).

Something like "Sweet Sherry" on a 45 (but then I have been told there is an original US vinyl 45 of this, so maybe that's not the best example).

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Guest wigan bob

Sorry but I mark Chalky right on this. Plenty of records never got beyond demo on major labels.

Ever seen one Bob? :no:

no but i no some one who saw it at wigan back in the day

Social source share

Who bloody cares? Just like all the times before there will be cries of "uh, is that all. Common as f**k"  :sleep3:

And Stuart Bennet swears blind that he had a Chubby Checker - Just Don't Know on the orange and yellow issue. Reckons Guy Hennigan had it off him in the 80's. :huh:  

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Who bloody cares? Just like all the times before there will be cries of "uh, is that all. Common as f**k"  :sleep3:

And Stuart Bennet swears blind that he had a Chubby Checker - Just Don't Know on the orange and yellow issue. Reckons Guy Hennigan had it off him in the 80's. :huh:  

I don't care, as I'd never be able to join in the auction, though it is intriguing.

But nearly 3000 views, howzabout that for free publicity?

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Suggests this is something that is available somehow but not as an original and official vinyl release (maybe just on tape, as an acetate or a bootleg).

Something like "Sweet Sherry" on a 45 (but then I have been told there is an original US vinyl 45 of this, so maybe that's not the best example).

Cheers

Richard

Melba Moore-magic touch on musicor  or Sumet!

Social source share

The tease for 2013 is:

The world’s RAREST Northern Soul Record will feature HERE to end 18th. December in time for your best Christmas ever!

The suspense of holding this 45 is killing me

Dear Santa,

I was starting to think my life was dull and had no purpose  :( but now that something truly exciting is on the horizon I feel there is so much to live for that I'm starting to feel young again  :) and there's only 26 more days and nights to go before the day of blissful enlightenment  :thumbup: but of course it would be an almighty tragedy  :ohmy: if the world came to a sudden end and we all went to our lonely graves in complete ignorance  :g:of what this mystical holy grail thing was all about and we could never truly rest in peace because of the burning frustration  :dash2: and we would feel so empty and unfulfilled that our sad lives had all been for nothing  :face:  and then to make things EVEN WORSE we found out that we couldn't even claim refunds because we'd lost our receipts and we knew damn well that we should have kept them in a safe place but we probably threw them in the bin by mistake...

Social source share

lets try to put a structure into our guessing, shall we ?

a record that is (amongst) THE rarest of the rare

a record that is widely accepted as a / THE classic northern soul record

a double-sider

a record JM never owned or had for sale

All Shrine records and FW do not qualify as JM already had/auctioned them, Little Johnny Hamilton and the Creators aint no doublesider and same applies to Kell "Law Against A Heartbreaker" Osborne

The Butlers with Frankie Beverley "Because Of My Heart / Want To Feel hat I`m Wanted" Rouser

The Magnetics "Lady In Green / Heart Made Of Stone" Bonnie

and of course

Sandy Golden 

out f these three and bearing recent happenings (= finds) in mind I vote for Sandy Golden ;)

Edited by Marc Forrest
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

a double-sider

All Shrine records and FW do not qualify as JM already had/auctioned them, Little Johnny Hamilton and the Creators aint no doublesider and same applies to Kell "Law Against A Heartbreaker" Osborne

The Butlers with Frankie Beverley "Because Of My Heart / Want To Feel hat I`m Wanted" Rouser

and of course

Sandy Golden 

out f these three and bearing recent happenings (= finds) in mind I vote for Sandy Golden ;)

None of the records you mention deserve such a pre-auction hype (IMO). My money is on a well known Northern oldie on a format that nobody knew it exists (yawn). On the other hand, something like the alreaday mentioned Diane Lewis c/up on a proper release copy, yummy yummy.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

I've got a feeling we're  going to be let down by this in the end , something stunningly rare but not brilliant , just like the Weather on bunky for instance legendary and almost impossibly rare but what can you do with that , that you can't do with the issue of it. It's gonna be a cracker but I've got a feeling about this .O.K. balls on the chopping block I don't think it's Sandy Golden.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Since it changed to "classic" I tend to agree with you Simon…Lorraine will be disappointed I know that….

Hi Steve yes mate when the word classic appeared I thought " anti climax " hope your all fine Sir see you soon.

Social source share

Who says it is a double sider?  John doesn't.  He always puts the flip in his auction headings.

john himselfs says so by using about six question marks around "c/w"... now if thats not intended to force further curiousity and interest I dont know what else..

sticking with Sandy Golden as long as no one mentions another double-sided, rarest of the rare northern soul "holy grail" that JM didnt already auction during his past. Wait, what about Patrinell Staten ? Did he ever auction one ?

Social source share

a double-sider

and of course

Sandy Golden 

actually marc the only shrine 45 he has never had or auctioned is jd bryant,that could be regarded as a double sider and is a classichowever not the rarest record by any stretch!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

john himselfs says so by using about six question marks around "c/w"... now if thats not intended to force further curiousity and interest I dont know what else..

sticking with Sandy Golden as long as no one mentions another double-sided, rarest of the rare northern soul "holy grail" that JM didnt already auction during his past. Wait, what about Patrinell Staten ? Did he ever auction one ?

No he doesn't, not necessarily.  He always lists both sides, two great asides or not, so all he has to do is fill in the blanks, or questions marks in this case.

As for PS, he was there as far as I know when the first was found by/with Keb.

Edited by chalky
Social source share