Ovo ,yeah I Know.but

Bazza

I know and understand OVO ,but ,I have never heard this out ,doubt if I ever will ,to be honest I couldn't give a toss if it was a boot,I would just love to hear it 

am I wrong ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb_uM7XlGi4

I'd never heard it in the first place, so also never heard it out. Do you really want to hear it on a boot though Baz? What is one of your favourite records (saw your other post) suddenly played everywhere, careful what you wish for buddy  :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I'd never heard it in the first place, so also never heard it out. Do you really want to hear it on a boot though Baz? What is one of your favourite records (saw your other post) suddenly played everywhere, careful what you wish for buddy  :thumbsup:

That's my point Win,you have not as far as you remember heard it at all,its cream of the crop IMHO ,and it should be heard ,makes no sense to me at all

Bazza   :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Simon ,whats that mean ? ,possibly ,lots of views ,come on don't be scared of the "soul police "  :D

Bazza

Dave Thorley had one (original), maybe still has

Ted Massey has one still, I think, maybe for 'One Dance'

Carl Fortnum had one about 10 years ago,  i don't think he has sold it

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

I've heard this played a few times by those that have the real thing and I would never want to hear it ever get booted it makes it all the sweeter when you actually do hear it. Tunes like this are worth the travelling for and if you travel and a dj you know has it and asked for it they would no doubt play it for you Bazza  :hatsoff2:

Social source share

One Dance is great but there is also a fantastic take on Globe by The Creations 'Oh Baby'.

Andy Dyson has a copy, Kev Murphy, At least one other Lifeline resident played it when we was at Stables, could've been Butch........I think JM auctioned one, at least one through ebay, there are copies out there, not many but there are some.

there was at least two copies back in the 80's.  

Edited by chalky
Social source share

I've heard this played a few times by those that have the real thing and I would never want to hear it ever get booted it makes it all the sweeter when you actually do hear it. Tunes like this are worth the travelling for and if you travel and a dj you know has it and asked for it they would no doubt play it for you Bazza  :hatsoff2:

Yes you're right Bearsy, but I have never known any one who has it and yes I would travel to hear The original

Bazza  :hatsoff2:

Social source share

One Dance is great but there is also a fantastic take on Globe by The Creations 'Oh Baby'.

Andy Dyson has a copy, Kev Murphy.......I think JM auctioned one, at least one through ebay, there are copies out there, not many but there are some.

there was at least two copies back in the 80's.

when i got Dave's list i rang Andy Rix to check the prices and he said ah that's where the Classics went then he

had been keeping track of it

Social source share

Oh dear. If this is among the best of the recent rare discoveries, we must've passed the best a long time imo. It's alright but nothing special.

I thought Clarkie had one ad well but just checked and it was the Empires he had also.

when i got Dave's list i rang Andy Rix to check the prices and he said ah that's where the Classics went then he

had been keeping track of it

Hardly recent discovery, was 30 years ago......just remained rare.

Social source share

Bearsy, on 02 Oct 2014 - 9:41 PM, said:Bearsy, on 02 Oct 2014 - 9:41 PM, said:

That's rather bloody good ...

Used to play this out quite a lot 10 or more years ago love it ...a tenner from a Mr P Smith from Hastings or Brighton, somewhere on the south coast anyway :thumbsup:  

Edit. Thinking about it more like 12years @ SITC

Edited by SHSDave
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Bagged my copy from Mick Smith via Pete. Get yourselves to Driving Beat in Leeds on 18th Oct and you'll hear it!

Craved it for years - what a double sider! Remember Marc Forrest playing it at your bash Dave - see you tomorrow I hope assuming we arrive back in one piece from Seville

Rich

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Used to play this out quite a lot 10 or more years ago love it ...a tenner from a Mr P Smith from Hastings or Brighton, somewhere on the south coast anyway :thumbsup:  

Edit. Thinking about it more like 12years @ SITC

You should have waited til he moved to the Midlands. I got mine off him for £7  :lol:

Social source share

It was a very popular record at Stafford. I got mine in a swap with Chris Plant for a copy of Whispering Shadows, yes I know I couldn't believe it either. Then sold to Ted, as he has mentioned earlier. As far as I know, Butch, Andy Dyson, Honky have one. There is also one in Bob Abrahamian's collection

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!