If there was just one 45?

If there was just the one track (that has never appeared on an official 45) that you would like to have an official 45 release which one would it be?

I know we could all list loads of potentials but rather than this being a test of your knowledge please pick the one that means the most to you.

The one for me is  “I Have No Choice” credited on a Kent cd to Audrey Matthews (but apparently denied by her and also Sharon McMahon). Anyway whoever is singing it, is there any chance that the guys at Kent can get it out on a 45?

Edited by gointoagogo
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

12 hours ago, Gotsoul said:

Well for me it would be the great 1964 Temptations recording-[Girl]Why You Wanna Make Me Blue.

Brilliant track - but sorry my original post didn't make it clear that I was looking for tracks that have never appeared on an official 45. I've amended original post.

Social source share

On ‎09‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 09:32, gointoagogo said:

If there was just the one track (that has never appeared on an official 45) that you would like to have an official 45 release which one would it be?

I know we could all list loads of potentials but rather than this being a test of your knowledge please pick the one that means the most to you.

The one for me is  “I Have No Choice” credited on a Kent cd to Audrey Matthews (but apparently denied by her and also Sharon McMahon). Anyway whoever is singing it, is there any chance that the guys at Kent can get it out on a 45?

Are we including album only tracks Tony ?

Social source share

8 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Some great picks on this thread. Some lovely tunes which are new to me.

Thanks

Peter

I'll second that. As soon as I saw this thread appear, I realised that it was going to become a rich seam containing records that I didn't know.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Gotsoul said:

If I love You-The Stylistics

Problem solved- "If I Love You" is on the flip side of "Stop, Look, Listen, (To Your Heart)  on AVCO #4572. 

You can also get it by Anthony and the Imperials on the other side of "Help Me Find A Way" on United Artists #50720.

Social source share

Thanks for all the replies guys. I have heard so many great new tunes also - I am just glad that they are not on 45's lol as they would be on a wants list that I'd never be able to afford.

I know I only asked for one choice but I have thought of another which I was playing on youtube virtually all last year. It's Honey & The Bees Make You Mine which is apparently an unissued Arctic track - now I would like to have that on a 45.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Cheers Tony, this subject definitely got legs, btw, Charleen from California is asking after you:thumbsup:

Wow - it must be 17 years since I was in touch with her yet even now I still think of the quality of the lowrider tapes she gave me - in fact my top want (Royal Chessmen) came from her. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

13 hours ago, the yank said:

Here's a few-

Temptations- "That'll Be The Day"

Carolyn Crawford- "Until You Came Along"

Levi and the Vandellas- "Oh, I've Been Blessed"

Nice one, ive had the "That'll be the day for about 25 yrs now (not on 45 of course) great song

• Helpful 1
Social source share

15 hours ago, Mick Holdsworth said:

Both these are on original 45's

The Marvelettes is a US EP (45rpm) , and the Gladys Knight is a Philippines single.  Think both are only promos though.

Cheers
Mick

l had no idea, mind you it was 73/74 when l was playing them off LP.

No internet in them days, and l stopped collecting back in 1980.

It's amazing what has turned up on non US/UK labels over the years.

Reguards

Dave T.

Social source share

A USA original Tamla 45rpm of The Isley Brothers "Tell Me It's Just A Rumour"

A USA original Kapp 45rpm of Freddy Butler "Thats When I Need You"

A USA original Capitol 45rpm of The Magnificent Men "Keep On Climbing"

in fact anything good that didn't come out as a single!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!