Show us your great photos 2021

Amsterdam Russ

3 minutes ago, Okehsoul1952 said:

The place looks idyllic.....could imagine you having loads of fun in a setting like that! 

Thanks mate.  It certainly has a special place in my life. Bit sanitised version of what it was with tarmac roads and occasional street lights and not as many overgrown wild areas.  Progress they call it it but I would still jump at the chance to own a caravan there.  Only 90 minutes from home. 

Social source share

On 17/07/2021 at 17:35, washlively said:

Yet another, Dutton Viaduct near Acton Bridge with the Weaver Navigation running under it. Incidentally, a great location for wild life the odd ship and trains crossing of course. 

dutton.jpg

Know it well. Used to swim in the weaver navigation to cool off after a massive bike ride from Widnes to Delemere forest and back. Great picture

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

6 minutes ago, Martyn Pitt said:

Only took the lighter kit out on Saturday, this was taken with a 300mm f4 lens, ideal for Butterflies and the like about 6 feet from the camera, unfortunately this one was a bit far out from the bank but I was pleased I had managed to get it in focus ... a male Banded Demoiselle 

619_059a.jpg.4794e4e7514bb5df37af512926299d84.jpg

Stunning picture my friend.  They are so elegant to watch  had the pleasure of watching  two last Thursday on my latest visit to Shropshire at Mellington Hall.  

Unlike you I only had the big daft white with me ( 500mm  f4 ) 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

45 minutes ago, Martyn Pitt said:

I can set myself some right challenges when out and about with a camera, these Hoverflies were darting in and out of the shafts of sunlight in the woods, so I thought why not. First I had to find one in the viewfinder, then get focus, then find it again, find focus again and eventually get a shot whilst they did their best to avoid getting papped. For the benefit of Smiffy these were shot at 6400 ISO.

619_004.jpg.fc3c59eddd92e42991a9c9535889f581.jpg

619_007a.jpg.c00b961f5b84640196b7fc7ca3c779dd.jpg

Fantastic snap thanks for sharing 

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Tomangoes said:

Always told

GAP was derived from.....

Gay and Proud.

Ed

Courtesy of Snopes:

Gap Inc. was founded in 1969 by Donald and Doris Fisher as a single store staffed by a handful of employees. The retailer took its name in homage to “the generation gap,” a term popular in the late 1960s describing the intellectual, ethical, and social gulf between young people and their parents’ generation.

Source: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/gap-store-name-origin/

• Up vote 3
Social source share

7 hours ago, Mal C said:

This was a good one, was in GAP on Oxford street on Sat, top end, and they were having a closing down sale, tried a few things on, and released they had already let allot of staff go....

IMG_0327.jpg

Ladies pls avert your eyes 🙂

Have you got any in female form....you can blow up?  Need one or two for my allotment....white cabbage fly has decimated my plumbs!!

• Thanks 1
Social source share

15 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

My back garden Buzzard

Well its taken from the back garden but the bird is about 100 metres away in the trees at the back of the old school

it was a very heavy drizzle  combined  with a high ISO of 6400 resulting in a very grainy picture and its heavily cropped but ive always said a bad picture is definitely better than no picture 

IB2A1080 (3).JPG

Steve what a cracker, great pic mate 

Social source share

On 01/05/2021 at 16:11, Winsford Soul said:

Have to share this. At 9.42pm  Someone cut down the nesting pole / nest platform at Lyn  Brenig Osprey project in North Wales. the Osprey had actually laid her first egg on Thursday . The nest itself was been monitored 24 hrs by cameras but not the surrounding area.  The area can only be reached by boat as its so inaccessible.  

I hope the SCUM that did this gets a good slap before they get banged up for a good few years.  

There are only five breeding pairs of Osprey in Wales which makes it so much more heartbreaking.  

Screenshot_20210501-160314_Instagram.jpg

That's shocking ,but they might catch them ,and in court they will tell a story to the court of deprivation at home and poor little me .or rich kids that got bored .I would bring back the birch for these scumbags 

Social source share