Rare Soul 45 Company Sleeves

Paul Dunn

• Replies 208
  • Views 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Richard Bergman

Would love an EVEREST sleeve,any spares out there for sale/trade please? :thumbsup:

Can somebody help me out,im useless with computers and want an idiots step by step guide to scanning labels/45s etc onto site.Any help greatly appreciated then i can scan up some nice US labels :P nick

Nick,

Beatin Rhythm have a large box full of company sleeves...I'm sure there will be an everest in there...I'm popping into pick some doo-wop up this week I'll have a scout around for you.

Richard

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Some odd spairs from upstairs.

The ERIC one seems rather posh for a re-issue lable don't you think ?

Gosh! Haven't seen an ERIC bag since I first bought the CREATION (aka Prophets)

release back in 1971 !

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Haven't seen the blue one before. Only red.

Although not a soul label (PP Arnold aside)....I love the Immediate label.

Not because of it's design which is pretty basic but due to it's slogan , which read

"happy to be part of the industry of human kindness" magic !!!

A friend of mine collects psych and garage and has a wonderful collection of pic sleeves. Vast displays of colours and image .. Trippy man !!!!!!

Social source share

Guest rudyslowmo

what the ..****... ok save and upload... here it is Harold Melvin & the Bluenotes on Arctic.

Is it the same song as Ben E King on Atco?

post-7677-1171008345_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Need help/info on the following labels/sleeves? I am looking for company sleeves for ARLEN/BIG WHEEL/LOOP/NEPTUNE/PORT/SURE-SHOT - or related label sleeves?

I have spares: EMI - has album covers printed on both sides - in colour/ MGM/OKEH - DARK PURPLE & GOLD/CAMEO PARKWAY - has album covers on both sides - in colour also/ COLUMBIA - orange with radio station stamp/ MOTOWN - red with record deck/ CORAL - black & brown/ BRUNSWICK - brown with "your hot pop label"/DECCA - brown with lots of text advertising other 45's on the label/WAND.

Am a collector of any original company sleeves and I have around 150-200 but many on here I have never seen, let alone own!! Be happy to swap/buy :wicked:

David

Social source share

• 12 years later...
On 11/02/2007 at 13:43, Eddie Hubbard said:

Maxine Brown on Canadian Quality :

post-1804-1171230181_thumb.jpg

I should have brought more Quality, REO and Arc covers with me when I left Canada.  I am short several Quality, and 4 REO covers. 😪  I have a surplus of 7 Arc covers.  

Social source share

I need the following Australian sleeves if anybody has some to swap?? I have tons I can swap from a shop clearance in a small place in North NSW...

festival 

Atlantic (Green/white) 

W&G custom / international series 

Astor

Sue??  Never seen one they must exist? Unless it was festival that put them out... anybody know..? 

loads to swap, tell me what you need,  got lots of major label 7ts USA sleeves too...not asking £5 quid for a sleeve like some uk sellers...

mal

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

22 hours ago, RobbK said:

I keep my Amy records in Amy covers, and my Malas in Mala covers.😎

Thanks for this information. Was this as they were distributed as I bought two copies of Tobi Legend from Soul Bowl in the 70s. Both came in the Amy, Mala, Bell sleeve as pictured.

Social source share

53 minutes ago, 45cellar said:

Thanks for this information. Was this as they were distributed as I bought two copies of Tobi Legend from Soul Bowl in the 70s. Both came in the Amy, Mala, Bell sleeve as pictured.

The Mala sleeve you're asking about was used on Mala releases until 1964. The correct sleeve for Tobi Legend would be this one - 

amb.jpg

Social source share

12 hours ago, simon t said:

I have around 300-350 7" company sleeves sitting here. Is it a viable option to sell them, and if so any thoughts on the best way?

Worth getting the iron out?

A lot of sellers are putting 45 company sleeves up on Evilbay these days … I don't know how well they sell as I haven't watched many such sales ending.

Social source share

50 minutes ago, Roburt said:

A lot of sellers are putting 45 company sleeves up on Evilbay these days … I don't know how well they sell as I haven't watched many such sales ending.

The prices they are asking are ridiculous in some cases. I've seen individual sleeves worth more than the record 😀. Seriously I'm not sure what these sellers are up to. Obviously expanding their sales, but to have the 45 in the same sale as the separate sleeve is a p**s take because we can see the two belong together and have been separated for commercial purposes.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!