Who is bricomaligno?

44 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Trying to publicly unmask someone who chooses to hide their identity is neither wise nor ethical. It likely also contravenes data protection laws. Can I suggest you let the mystery remain.

How do you know he wants to remain anonymous? That could be his name for all we know. I was more interested in whether he actually owns the vinyl that he puts up.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

a lot of over thinking going on here imo

to me reads like a simple info request

if the actual info requested  is publicly available then can't see any issues with posting the info requested

if it's not publicly available then it shouldn't be posted

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Thanks Mike.

1 minute ago, Source said:

a lot of over thinking going on here imo

to me reads like a simple info request

if the actual info requested  is publicly available then can't see any issues with posting the info requested

if it's not publicly available then it shouldn't be posted

Thanks Mike.

Social source share

19 minutes ago, Quinvy said:

I only use the name Quinvy because I thought you had to assume a name on the forum.

If anyone wants to be anonymous then why post on a world wide public platform?

He is saying look at me, I’ve got all these rare records.

It's me I've got em all lol 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Certain people with very large expensive collections don't want anyone to know where they live😉

I have known several collectors who get all their records sent to their work address.

Although I must admit, it would be interesting to know if he own's all those records!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

16 minutes ago, D9 Ktf said:

Certain people with very large expensive collections don't want anyone to know where they live😉

I have known several collectors who get all their records sent to their work address.

Although I must admit, it would be interesting to know if he own's all those records!

I think most blokes get their records delivered to their work address, so their partners don’t know what they are spending.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

21 minutes ago, Quinvy said:

I think most blokes get their records delivered to their work address, so their partners don’t know what they are spending.

I used to have records delivered to my work address until I retired, but this was more to do with safe delivery with someone on reception to sign for them. The only time a delivery ‘failed’ was when someone in my block of flats stole the record from the postbox. Always best to tell your partner what you’re spending so they can see the assets appreciating and the estate growing.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

6 hours ago, Quinvy said:

So who is bricomalingo?
My mate reckons he actually owns the records that he puts up on YouTube?

Don’t know who the person is, but like you, I’m curious. I don’t think they own the records as they are generally ‘nice’ scans rather than a mixture of used labels. I’ve read some of the comments posted on YouTube but there is nothing to suggest who puts up the sound-clips. It looks like someone has set out to create a channel that has a sizeable following that could possibly yield a small financial return. Throwing the cat amongst the pigeons, it could be several people called Brian, Colin, Malcolm and Ignatius but I have no proof of this...

• Up vote 1
Social source share

9 hours ago, Quinvy said:

So who is bricomalingo?

He doesn’t because he had a picture up on his you tube post of my record ,no mistaking it , soon as I wrote that’s actually my copy he changed it lol 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Personally I couldn’t care less ,but I am interested slightly because he had a picture of my record on there and I have had it a long time and so did the person I bought it from the person I bought it from is very well known doubt it’s same people , the picture is all over the net my guess is he used that picture from the net ,Phil asked a genuine question that many people I know have been interested in , considering it was my record displaying in his YT channel that’s my justification!! 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

10 hours ago, Quinvy said:

So who is bricomalingo?

Would it change your opinion of this person, if they did, or did not own the copy posted?

Back in the day, I realised I had more chance of owning a lot of rare tunes, for a few months, than retaining them.

Social source share

Bricomaligno ,probably the best virtual record collection in the world , unless you know better .

Sound wise definitely very good , so technically probably good with IT.

And definitely prefers rare soul music , or selling it for a living , just a thought ,,,,,

Edited by Happy Feet
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

post dropped as per below

can we sack the posting up of guesses as to this or any other id

as said

if its solid publicly available information then yep feel free to post by all means

if it's not (guesses/hunches etc etc) then please don't post

thanks

Social source share

• 10 months later...

Yeah, the sound quality is much better in later posts.  He might own the records but use CD rips for better audio.  If he does own them then it's an almost unparalleled collection.  I don't seem to ever see any ads on his stuff - could be wrong - but I don't think he's monetising it.

Social source share

When I was a teenager in 1967 myself and all contemporary Soul fans used to write to fanzines and share our home addresses.

What changed?

It's must be something to do with the root of all problems which is money.

Who is Brico Maligno? 

I’m pretty sure I know who he is BTW.

It’s not rocket science and if any of you think he deserves anonymity well I’m not surprised.

Social source share

On 19/03/2022 at 21:02, Frankie Crocker said:

I used to have records delivered to my work address until I retired, but this was more to do with safe delivery with someone on reception to sign for them. The only time a delivery ‘failed’ was when someone in my block of flats stole the record from the postbox. Always best to tell your partner what you’re spending so they can see the assets appreciating and the estate growing.

Yes I always tell my good lady wife ,it’s ok I got it for a fiver…..🤥🤥👍

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

37 minutes ago, Pottsy said:

I noticed his Professionals "That's why I love you" is a totally different version to mine? As is someone's copy called RareMusicDirect? Mines the same as Brian Pinches post on there. So is there two versions of "That's why I love you" on original?

Hi Ady

RareMusicDirect is Kevin Higham. Don't know who Bricomaligno is though.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

13 hours ago, Dayo said:

Well whoever he is, he also makes record cases for DJ's.  

http://bricomaligno.blogspot.com

After reading that I haven't got an effing clue who this bricomaligno is ....
I did my usual thing of jumping to conclusions, bragging about stuff, realising I was talking Sturrock's, then feeling all embarrassed about things
I thought he was a DJ from up t'north ....

Social source share

I've been following his posts and occasionally commenting for a year or two and here's a funny thing:  I can't recall ever getting an informed reply; just a thumbs up.  Maybe it's a language thing, but there's never any proper interaction.

Social source share

In the late 1996 t’s. The CD’s that came out by Tim Brown & Martin Kopell, they made reference to the Millionaire who won on the lottery  (without any names)  and issued the two CD’s. If you have “Millionaires Only” Vol1 inside the sleeve they reference the lottery. (part his"Nick Name"  & the other his "Surname") DSC_0058.thumb.JPG.f8661cd7657aba1399d6f123df6d4b51.JPG

Edited by Graham Jarvis
tidy
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!